What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Brisbane Suncorp Stadium 7.50pm Friday 22nd April

doyen

Bench
Under the true letter of the law, Ofahengaue could have also been penalised for a voluntary tackle as well.

Of course it was a voluntary tackle;a penalty to Sths---- but they're happening all the time now---any player that succumbs with the ball should be penalised.

The game needs cleaning up bigtime!

Rsag85

Bench
Just watch the game and IMO a lot better then what we have showed the past few weeks, Errors still hurt us and those 50/50 calls aren't going our way.

Don't know what Madge was thinking with the bench.

Injury's hurt us as well, at one stage we didn't have any guys on the bench.

GI looked better.

Question the lead up to the first try from the Broncos I really thought that ball come off Blair arm not us.

Snappy

Coach
It did, and went back, then Gray knocked on whilst trying to scoop it up. The scrum was for the Gray knock on

souths_pride

Juniors
It was awesome to see Cook given a real opportunity and he proved that he should be out no. 1 hooker. His speed at the ruck and quick ball is on another level to McInnes. We took a different approach with the ball in hand and it was great to watch. Less conservative and more metres made on the edges. It created opportunities and made us wasy metres. Carter made a couple of errors but ran hard into gaps created by Cook and our halves. It was such a pleasant change from the last 2 years of running into brick walls that Madge has insisted on.

I hate to blame just one person, but Some just about cost us the game with 3 minutes of brain snaps. Late in the first half he was too slow to break from the scrum leaving a 3 on 2 and an easy path for Nokorima. I was right in front of that scrum and could see exactly was the Broncs had in mind. Some's brain explosion gifted them a try with 5 minutes left. Then next set he gave away a stupid holding down penalty on half way, Sam rushed in on Hunt (he defense was poor last night) and then it was 14-0. If its 2-0 at half time we were in with a real shot.

That Sam penalty was a joke, injuries killed us, but it was our best performance since 20 minutes into the Manly game.
I think that Cook's performance as starting hooker was one of the biggest positives that we can take out of tonight. I mentioned in an earlier post that his insertion into the run on team allowed us to generate momentum through his sniping runs from dummy half and his distribution. There can be no question that he is our starting hooker.
Just watch the game and IMO a lot better then what we have showed the past few weeks, Errors still hurt us and those 50/50 calls aren't going our way.

Don't know what Madge was thinking with the bench.

Injury's hurt us as well, at one stage we didn't have any guys on the bench.

GI looked better.

Question the lead up to the first try from the Broncos I really thought that ball come off Blair arm not us.
I'm not so sure what was wrong with the bench Madge selected. That was all that was available to us given that George Burgess was injured. Before the game, I mentioned that I would have selected Cody Walker to come off the bench because he is a game breaker; luckily Madge went with Auva'a given that Hunt had to go off injured.

Maximus

Coach
If we get Maxwell or Cecchin often we won't win many games even with a completion rate of 80percent. They hate us.

I've already destroyed you once on the Cecchin garbage, so we don't need to go there again. As for Maxwell, you've won 12 of the 18 games he's reffed since 2013 (he didn't ref any of your games in 2012).

Your record before that was just as shit with him as without him.

Hauff

Juniors
Of course it was a voluntary tackle;a penalty to Sths---- but they're happening all the time now---any player that succumbs with the ball should be penalised.

The game needs cleaning up bigtime!

Voluntary tackle is only ever penalised if the player goes on to play the ball having not been touched/tackled. It has happened this season.

I agree the interpretation should change, especially for players trying to exit the in goal and just diving to the ground.

Hauff

Juniors
What also needs to change is trippers being appropriately dealt with. That bloke last night has to spend some time on the sidelines for a blatant and disgusting trip on Milf.

southsport

First Grade
What also needs to change is trippers being appropriately dealt with. That bloke last night has to spend some time on the sidelines for a blatant and disgusting trip on Milf.

Who tripped? I didn't see it, commentary mentioned something.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I've already destroyed you once on the Cecchin garbage, so we don't need to go there again. As for Maxwell, you've won 12 of the 18 games he's reffed since 2013 (he didn't ref any of your games in 2012).

Your record before that was just as shit with him as without him.

And I'm telling you to get lost off our forum.

You aren't welcome here to cause trouble and troll.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I was at the game but was not at a good angle to judge the 10 metres, but I can tell you this, we hold down in the play the ball far too much. I found it very obvious and it was across all players. It is obvioysly something that we are coached to do and we need to stop it quickly. We would have to be just about the most penalised team in the comp and our lack of dicipline puts all sorts of pressure on our defensive line and releaves all pressure on the opposition. Our lack of discipline cost us big time last night, that and dropped ball cost us the game, not the refs.

Maxwell hates us. It's obvious.

Guys have been ringing me saying so too.

Andrew John's said we were very harshly done by too.

Firstly let me just say this post isn't meant as a troll post.

Every team has referees decisions that fans think are unfair or they don't get the rub of the green. There may well have been decisions last night that could possibly have gone either way, but Bronco's got the rub their way. Regardless the bunnies showed much more ticker than they have been, so that's a good thing for their fans.

The bottom line is you cannot have such a shitty completion rate, dropped balls in prime position and misreads in defence and expect to beat an outfit like the Bronco's.

You side did well to stay in the contest as long as they did, particularly given at one point at 14-8 you had completed 8 of 15 sets.

The refs didn't decide that game, poor play did.

Having said that, I'd rather see my side go down having a crack then looking disinterested.

BTW Blair is a dog and I hope he gets done.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Firstly let me just say this post isn't meant as a troll post.

Every team has referees decisions that fans think are unfair or they don't get the rub of the green. There may well have been decisions last night that could possibly have gone either way, but Bronco's got the rub their way. Regardless the bunnies showed much more ticker than they have been, so that's a good thing for their fans.

The bottom line is you cannot have such a shitty completion rate, dropped balls in prime position and misreads in defence and expect to beat an outfit like the Bronco's.

You side did well to stay in the contest as long as they did, particularly given at one point at 14-8 you had completed 8 of 15 sets.

The refs didn't decide that game, poor play did.

Having said that, I'd rather see my side go down having a crack then looking disinterested.

BTW Blair is a dog and I hope he gets done.

Good post.

Maximus

Coach
And I'm telling you to get lost off our forum.

You aren't welcome here to cause trouble and troll.

Yeah we all know you hate facts. Apparently trolling is when people provide the facts in response to your bullshit lies.

Maybe you should ask your mate on the refs committee for the stats, and claim that Rugby League Project's information is incorrect again.

Unfortunately to flop on a prone player is against the rules.

This is quite clear in the Rule Book.

Can you post the rule since it is apparently clear?

I think it's this one: posted in Parra forum

6. SANDBAGGING (FLOPPING)
The Code: A DEFENDER CANNOT DROP OR FALL ON A PRONE PLAYER.
Application: It is an infringement for a defender to drop, dive or fall on a player in possession of the ball who is
prone or stationary on the ground and not attempting to play-on. (A simple hand-on completes
the tackle).
Reference: Law Book - Section 15, Law 1 (i), Page 38.