What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Brisbane Suncorp Stadium 7.50pm Friday 22nd April

Kangaroos jersey last thing on Greg Inglis' mind
Date
April 23, 2016 - 8:51AM
Read later
Laine Clark

And not a moment too soon with Kangaroos selectors set to finalise their 17 for next month's one-off Test against New Zealand in Newcastle.

But asked about Kangaroos selection, Inglis said: "That's the last thing [I am thinking about].

"I am worried about this team, getting them back on track - that is my main focus.

"The main thing is we stick together and work through this together."

Maguire was a little more forthcoming after the spiteful clash against the ladder leaders.

After copping weeks of criticism, Maguire clearly liked what he saw from Inglis who capped a stellar display by stepping two Broncos to score in the 52nd minute.

A penalty five minutes later reduced the 14-0 halftime deficit to just six points.

Brisbane found another gear to score another three tries and condemn South Sydney to their fifth loss in six games.

However, Maguire believed his side - and more importantly his skipper - had turned the corner.

"Definitely, I was proud of him," Maguire said of Inglis.

"A lot has been said by certain people and that's up to them what they say but I know what he is doing in the background and I thought his effort was a good captain's effort.

"He will keep working hard on his game like he normally does."

Maguire said his maligned team - dismissed as a "shadow of itself" by Matt Johns this week - would also start proving their critics wrong.

"My boys are having a lot said about them at the moment but I know what they are capable of," he said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nglis-mind-20160422-godddl.html#ixzz46gwfVQjs
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

QLD Members Turn Out in Force to Signing Session

Words: Tom Skolarikis I Photos: Jeremy Monahan
Sun 24th April, 12:02AM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/content/rabbitohs/club//news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1461420569156.jpg

Over 300 proud Rabbitohs Members were on hand at Brisbane’s Sofitel on Saturday to meet their heroes and to have their Red and Green gear signed.
The Rabbitohs squad took time out to rub shoulders with those present in what was the culmination of the side’s two week road-trip north of the border.
Members waited patiently in line to get their chance to meet their favourite players for a chat, an autograph and even a photo.
For Rabbitohs skipper and Maroon, Greg Inglis, the day was an all-important opportunity to connect with the Club’s Queensland faithful.
“We get incredible support everywhere we go, and we’re very fortunate to have awesome support here in Queensland,” said Inglis.
“It’s outstanding to see so many people here today – it’s a pretty big line, plenty of Red and Green and plenty of passion, and that just helps to make us stronger as a Club and as a group.
inset_Sign.jpg

“We love meeting all the fans and Members everywhere we go, and if we can make someone’s day, or put a smile on their face – that’s what it’s all about.”
But it’s not just in formal settings that the Rabbitohs have been giving of their time. During the Club’s Round 7 trip to North Queensland, the men in Red and Green made young Member, Jaxon Anderson’s day as they headed to the game.
In a stroke of luck, Jaxon, along with parents Tracy and Dean, stayed in the same hotel as the men in Red and Green ahead of last week’s match against the Cowboys – the family travelling from Mackay to watch the match.
Excited by the knowledge that somewhere in the hotel, his Rabbitohs heroes were preparing for the game, Jaxon positioned himself in the hotel lobby for two hours, waiting for the team to depart for the stadium ahead of that night’s clash.
It would prove to be worth the wait, with all the boys happy to sign young Jaxon’s book as well as pose for photos, with Rabbitohs forward, Thomas Burgess, taking time out to ensure that Jaxon met all his favourite players.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2016/04/24/qld_members_turn_out.html

Curns13

Juniors

A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/content/rabbitohs/club//news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1461420569156.jpg

Over 300 proud Rabbitohs Members were on hand at Brisbane?s Sofitel on Saturday to meet their heroes and to have their Red and Green gear signed.
The Rabbitohs squad took time out to rub shoulders with those present in what was the culmination of the side?s two week road-trip north of the border.
Members waited patiently in line to get their chance to meet their favourite players for a chat, an autograph and even a photo.
For Rabbitohs skipper and Maroon, Greg Inglis, the day was an all-important opportunity to connect with the Club?s Queensland faithful.
?We get incredible support everywhere we go, and we?re very fortunate to have awesome support here in Queensland,? said Inglis.
?It?s outstanding to see so many people here today ? it?s a pretty big line, plenty of Red and Green and plenty of passion, and that just helps to make us stronger as a Club and as a group.
inset_Sign.jpg

?We love meeting all the fans and Members everywhere we go, and if we can make someone?s day, or put a smile on their face ? that?s what it?s all about.?
But it?s not just in formal settings that the Rabbitohs have been giving of their time. During the Club?s Round 7 trip to North Queensland, the men in Red and Green made young Member, Jaxon Anderson?s day as they headed to the game.
In a stroke of luck, Jaxon, along with parents Tracy and Dean, stayed in the same hotel as the men in Red and Green ahead of last week?s match against the Cowboys ? the family travelling from Mackay to watch the match.
Excited by the knowledge that somewhere in the hotel, his Rabbitohs heroes were preparing for the game, Jaxon positioned himself in the hotel lobby for two hours, waiting for the team to depart for the stadium ahead of that night?s clash.
It would prove to be worth the wait, with all the boys happy to sign young Jaxon?s book as well as pose for photos, with Rabbitohs forward, Thomas Burgess, taking time out to ensure that Jaxon met all his favourite players.

I was there. It was great to see all the boys. My 3 year old was psyched to meet GI amd my wife got a photo with Sam (she looked like she was about to wet herself). Paul Carter particularly impressed me. I said to him, "Well played last night, Paul. Way to run hard and hit good lines." He looked me in the eyes, shook my hand and said thanks. Just a nice gesture, all he had to say was cheers, but that extra 5 seconds and that gesture really struck a chord with me.

The Enforcer

Juniors

A A

1461420569156.jpg

Over 300 proud Rabbitohs Members were on hand at Brisbane?s Sofitel on Saturday to meet their heroes and to have their Red and Green gear signed.
The Rabbitohs squad took time out to rub shoulders with those present in what was the culmination of the side?s two week road-trip north of the border.
For Rabbitohs skipper and Maroon, Greg Inglis, the day was an all-important opportunity to connect with the Club?s Queensland faithful.
?We get incredible support everywhere we go, and we?re very fortunate to have awesome support here in Queensland,? said Inglis.
?It?s outstanding to see so many people here today ? it?s a pretty big line, plenty of Red and Green and plenty of passion, and that just helps to make us stronger as a Club and as a group.
inset_Sign.jpg

?We love meeting all the fans and Members everywhere we go, and if we can make someone?s day, or put a smile on their face ? that?s what it?s all about.?
But it?s not just in formal settings that the Rabbitohs have been giving of their time. During the Club?s Round 7 trip to North Queensland, the men in Red and Green made young Member, Jaxon Anderson?s day as they headed to the game.
In a stroke of luck, Jaxon, along with parents Tracy and Dean, stayed in the same hotel as the men in Red and Green ahead of last week?s match against the Cowboys ? the family travelling from Mackay to watch the match.
Excited by the knowledge that somewhere in the hotel, his Rabbitohs heroes were preparing for the game, Jaxon positioned himself in the hotel lobby for two hours, waiting for the team to depart for the stadium ahead of that night?s clash.
It would prove to be worth the wait, with all the boys happy to sign young Jaxon?s book as well as pose for photos, with Rabbitohs forward, Thomas Burgess, taking time out to ensure that Jaxon met all his favourite players.

Looks like Inglis put in more effort here than on the field this season.