What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Brisbane Suncorp Stadium 7.50pm Friday 22nd April

Maximus

Coach
I think it's this one: posted in Parra forum

6. SANDBAGGING (FLOPPING)
The Code: A DEFENDER CANNOT DROP OR FALL ON A PRONE PLAYER.
Application: It is an infringement for a defender to drop, dive or fall on a player in possession of the ball who is
prone or stationary on the ground and not attempting to play-on. (A simple hand-on completes
the tackle).
Reference: Law Book - Section 15, Law 1 (i), Page 38.

That rule is listed in the rule book as only applying to grades up to u15s

http://www.playnrl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ARL-Rules-book-2016.pdf

doyen

Bench
That rule is listed in the rule book as only applying to grades up to u15s

http://www.playnrl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ARL-Rules-book-2016.pdf

The actual wording as a mentioned above by Miller is correct under the RL International LAWS of the Game & interpreted as such by the NRL. It's stated clearly on Page.61. under Sandbagging/Flop.

It applies to every level of RL---Laws as of Feb;2013!!

The incident involving Sam was a breach & rightly incurred a penalty;by the RULES!!

Ray WARREN knew the rule & advised it in his call!!

Last edited:

Maximus

Coach
http://www.sportingpulse.com/get_file.cgi?id=3476203

Go to page 61 as Doyen has pointed out, however I note it says for juniors, so I dunno

You just need to look at the next rule to know how much application that has in the NRL.

7. SURRENDER (IN THE TACKLE)
the Code: the ball-carrier may surrender in the tackle.
When small and/or inexperienced players are
involved in a ?surrender?, defenders must not
complete the tackle

The sandbagging rule has zero relevance to the NRL.

southsport

First Grade
You just need to look at the next rule to know how much application that has in the NRL.

7. SURRENDER (IN THE TACKLE)
the Code: the ball-carrier may surrender in the tackle.
When small and/or inexperienced players are
involved in a ?surrender?, defenders must not
complete the tackle

The sandbagging rule has zero relevance to the NRL.

Does surrendering in a tackle differ from a voluntary tackle?

It's happening all the time Southsport and refs ignore that rule. Others have been penalised and cited for diving into them.

Who knows, seems rules don't matter sometimes.

souths_pride

Juniors
I agree about the rules, I am completely confused these days as to what constitutes a knock-on.
I'm absolutely surprised more people haven't spoken up about this. It seems so basic but balls that are going back are called as knock-ons and balls that are being dropped forward as being called as having gone backwards.

souths_pride

Juniors
Firstly let me just say this post isn't meant as a troll post.

Every team has referees decisions that fans think are unfair or they don't get the rub of the green. There may well have been decisions last night that could possibly have gone either way, but Bronco's got the rub their way. Regardless the bunnies showed much more ticker than they have been, so that's a good thing for their fans.

The bottom line is you cannot have such a shitty completion rate, dropped balls in prime position and misreads in defence and expect to beat an outfit like the Bronco's.

You side did well to stay in the contest as long as they did, particularly given at one point at 14-8 you had completed 8 of 15 sets.

The refs didn't decide that game, poor play did.

Having said that, I'd rather see my side go down having a crack then looking disinterested.

BTW Blair is a dog and I hope he gets done.
I think many of us a Souths fans are/were starting to lose sight of this and have/had gotten caught up in a bit of referee bashing. I've said before that we lost the game due to knock-ons and not being able to build sustained pressure and I've not seen or heard anything since that warrants me to change our mind. I get the feeling that the players are probably kicking themselves because at 14-8 with around 15 minutes to play we were right in the game, on top and blew it!

southsport

First Grade
I'm absolutely surprised more people haven't spoken up about this. It seems so basic but balls that are going back are called as knock-ons and balls that are being dropped forward as being called as having gone backwards.

Pride, you see what I see then. ;-)

Latest posts