What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Brisbane Suncorp Stadium 7.50pm Friday 22nd April

alien

Referee
You've lost the plot even more.

You're agreeing Bryson is a stop gap option. You're a fair dinkum hypocrite.

Criticise alien and do the same yourself. Cmon shadow you're being a BS artist here.

Diego is incorrect like you and alien too.

At least Southsport sees the truth. Southsport is a top bloke and isn't blinded like others who have fully lost the plot.

o_o

southsport

First Grade
If Nielsen plays that'll do me. I would faint!!!!!! Fug me!!!!!!!

Wake up Madge.

Drop Cam. Bring in Cook or move Keary to hooker and Cody to 6.

Piss off Tyrrell.

Drop Auva'a with Oldfield to wing and Bryson to centre.

Suggestions that there could be quite a few changes come game day.

handyman2190

Bench
Goodwin should go to centre and avua wing were he played before coming to us cook at hooker carter in backrow turner bench

Rabbit toes

First Grade
R20 logic. If you disagree, you're wrong. Looking forward to the multiple posts to justify why he's right and how anyone who opposes is clearly a troll. Brilliant stuff.

CAFPOW

Juniors
I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Madge will make any changes against the Broncos.
I am hearing impaired, but I thought I heard him say he pick players base on performance,
Yet, he keep Tyrell, McInnes, Auva'a and Keary. He's just teasing the media, The Broncos
and the supporters.

Hunt Excited to Play in Front of Friends & Family

Words: Lachlan Stewart & Tom Skolarikis I Video: Guy Bevan

Wed 20th April, 12:00PM
A A

While this week’s Round 8 clash at Suncorp Stadium is a Broncos home-game, for Rabbitohs centre, Hymel Hunt, the match represents an exciting homecoming.

The recent Rabbitohs debutant originally hails from Brisbane, and with a long list of family and friends set to turn out in force to cheer the youngster on, Friday’s clash is one that Hunt is very much looking forward to.

“I’m from Brisbane myself – I have a lot of family and friends there,” said Hunt.

“I’m a very family oriented person, so seeing my family and friends cheer me on during the game – there’s nothing better.”

Despite last week’s loss to the Cowboys, Hunt was solid once again for the Red and Green’s in the centres, running for 91 metres with the ball in hand and completing 18 tackles.

Have you jumped on board yet? Join the team in 2016 by becoming a Rabbitohs Member NOW!

Having come into the Rabbitohs squad this season, Hunt is focused on ensuring that he keeps doing what’s expected of him to cement his spot in Michael Maguire’s top 17 for the duration of the season.

“I’m just going to keep on doing my job and doing the best for the team.”

Hunt is now relishing the opportunity to head north of the border once again as he and his men go in search of the two competition points against the ladder-leading Broncos.

“We’re training hard this week and looking forward to Brisbane,” said Hunt.

“We’re 100 per cent focused on this week and we’re looking forward to putting our best foot forward.

“Obviously it will be a good experience to play a class team like them.

“They’re setting the benchmark high in the first few rounds and this week’s a good battle for us.

“We set our standards high and last week wasn’t up to our standards. This week, that’s the goal.”

To watch the full interview, please press play on the video player.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2016/04/20/hunt_excited_to_play.html

Rabbits20

Immortal
well i'll agree that goodwin has been playing better in the centres than auva'a so far this year. the way i was thinking is auva'a at his best is better than goodwin at his best. i like goodwin. i think he is alright, but i like my outside backs to be a bit quicker. i would be willing to give auva'a another chance

Whatever...........:x

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
dont need positional changes or add another dud or two,we need a recruitment officer to plug our worst positional positions with real 1st graders for god's sake.....will souths stand up on suncorp stadium lets wait and see im skeptical to say the least.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Imagine being the broncos brain trust. You've seen teams exploit our weakness on the left edge. You make plans to attack the left edge all week. Milf is having wet dreams about attacking an out of form auva'a and goodwin, Hunt, roberts and kahu are wetting themselves at the prospect, then at the last minute you hear nielsen and Johnston are in and you may have to take another approach

souths_pride

Juniors
Imagine being the broncos brain trust. You've seen teams exploit our weakness on the left edge. You make plans to attack the left edge all week. Milf is having wet dreams about attacking an out of form auva'a and goodwin, Hunt, roberts and kahu are wetting themselves at the prospect, then at the last minute you hear nielsen and Johnston are in and you may have to take another approach
The Broncos are a formidable opponent but they are not the sort of team than cap rip you apart like the Cowboys can. The Broncos grind away at you and beat you through discipline and defence. Basically, we need to go set for set with them and no drop silly ball like we did last week. I think that if you can match them, Ben Hunt panics a little bit and becomes erratic. As for Milford, we need to have someone rushing up quickly on him all game because if we let him dance then it could be trouble. If I were Madge, I'd definitely be looking to target James Roberts in defence because I think he is a little suspect.

DiegoNT

First Grade
diegont whats the new approach mate???

I don't know. I have faith in the coaching staff making the right decisions as they obviously know a lot more then us. Personally I'd like a true winger on the wing, whether that is AJ or Oldfield depends on injuries. While initially i thought we should have mass changes, after a bit of time to reflect i don't think dropping players to the bears is that helpful. Everyone on here talks as if dropping a player to the bears will magically make him a better player. I think baring injuries we have almost our strongest possible 17 playing, looking past the short term hopefully guys like mcinnes, auva'a and turner will come out of this shit period better players with more experience, i don't think dropping those guys will do much.

souths_pride

Juniors
I don't know. I have faith in the coaching staff making the right decisions as they obviously know a lot more then us. Personally I'd like a true winger on the wing, whether that is AJ or Oldfield depends on injuries. While initially i thought we should have mass changes, after a bit of time to reflect i don't think dropping players to the bears is that helpful. Everyone on here talks as if dropping a player to the bears will magically make him a better player. I think baring injuries we have almost our strongest possible 17 playing, looking past the short term hopefully guys like mcinnes, auva'a and turner will come out of this shit period better players with more experience, i don't think dropping those guys will do much.
Mass changed will also destabilize the team and lower morale. From watching Madge teams over the last few years, I've noticed that when things go bad, he always reverts back to his tried and tested - that is another reason why he won't make wholesale changes. In saying that, the trick is knowing when to draw the line and move a player on because he isn't going to get any better. David Tyrell for me is one example of player who is past his best and has been for quite a while.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Mass changed will also destabilize the team and lower morale. From watching Madge teams over the last few years, I've noticed that when things go bad, he always reverts back to his tried and tested - that is another reason why he won't make wholesale changes. In saying that, the trick is knowing when to draw the line and move a player on because he isn't going to get any better. David Tyrell for me is one example of player who is past his best and has been for quite a while.

I just think we are lacking props which is why tyrell has stayed in the team for so long. Though i do think tyrell is more for tying up the middle in defence and is their to cover Georges defensive deficiencies so his lack of Metres made isn't such a concern for maguire as it is for fans (even in 2014 it was rare for Tyrell to run for over 100m in a game)

souths_pride

Juniors
I just think we are lacking props which is why tyrell has stayed in the team for so long. Though i do think tyrell is more for tying up the middle in defence and is their to cover Georges defensive deficiencies so his lack of Metres made isn't such a concern for maguire as it is for fans (even in 2014 it was rare for Tyrell to run for over 100m in a game)
I agree. We are probably one front rower short. What we didn't cater for in the off season was David Tyrell's rapid demise and the fact that Zane Musgrove would get injured. I remember in the off-season we were briefly linked with Willie Mason. Either him or someone like Ashton Sims would be perfect!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
so what's the go this week are we going to put in a pizz weak performance like last week? just remember the donkeys beat drugcastle 53-0 last week.

Latest posts