What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Brisbane

Kiwimation

Juniors
They just cant handle the pressure. Oh well there is next year but i have been saying that since 95. Warriors, sort your shit out please.

Red Bear

Referee
Your front row was good, or least of your concerns anyway

Rest of the side picked a bad time to have their worst performance of the year.

Frustrating to watch, hate those bastards from red hill

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I said last week that Tupou is crap...well he is STILL crap but now Vatuvei is the toilet paper

Tupou was probably our second best player, if he can sort his defence out he is an outstanding ball carrier.

Manu HAS to be dropped. You don't think if we get a 2nd life, that Benji isn't going to bomb the living holy sh*t out of him? And he has shown he's a poor decision maker. Seriously, that offload on our line?

I'll give Brisbane credit though, they squeezed the life out of us and made sure the pressure got worse and worse, and we tanked more and more. Not one Bronco had a 6.5/7 game or less.

Judd

Juniors
Tupou was probably our second best player, if he can sort his defence out he is an outstanding ball carrier.

Manu HAS to be dropped. You don't think if we get a 2nd life, that Benji isn't going to bomb the living holy sh*t out of him? And he has shown he's a poor decision maker. Seriously, that offload on our line?

I'll give Brisbane credit though, they squeezed the life out of us and made sure the pressure got worse and worse, and we tanked more and more. Not one Bronco had a 6.5/7 game or less.

Tupou started the rot by a weak carry that resulted in the ball being stripped, and ending in the Broncos first try...he's been sh!t for a fair weeks now and should never have started ahead of Inu...agree that Vatuvei was far worse than tupou...he's the highest paid player on the Warriors books and didnt earn one cvent of that tonight...he should be quickly released from his contract to join the super league bound bunch of useless geniuss.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
We go for years having some success playing dour low-mistake, percentage football. Now we finally have some attacking weapons at our disposal and every positive thing that we had going for us in the past is just forgotten. Why the f*ck is it so impossible for us to blend an expansive style of football with a bit of structure and grind when it's needed? Why is it either one or the other? How hard is it to steady the ship after a poor set? We, at long last get a repeat set by grounding them in their in goal. Then we score, next set after placing them under a smidgen of pressure. Then we f*ck up yet again the set after that. HOW HARD IS IT TO SPEND A FEW SETS PLAYING FOR FIELD POSITION FFS?

Izz

Bench
We were absolute mud. Deserved the wooden spoon after that performance. No communication, no cohesion, no nothing.

On another note: Surely Alex Glenn has sown up a Kiwis jersey. He was outstanding tonight.

Hopefully the Knights pull off an upset tomorrow.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
We go for years having some success playing dour low-mistake, percentage football. Now we finally have some attacking weapons at our disposal and every positive thing that we had going for us in the past is just forgotten. Why the f*ck is it so impossible for us to blend an expansive style of football with a bit of structure and grind when it's needed? Why is it either one or the other? How hard is it to steady the ship after a poor set? We, at long last get a repeat set by grounding them in their in goal. Then we score, next set after placing them under a smidgen of pressure. Then we f*ck up yet again the set after that. HOW HARD IS IT TO SPEND A FEW SETS PLAYING FOR FIELD POSITION FFS?

What success?

We ended 2007 by getting flogged
We ended 2008 by getting flogged
We spent the entire 2009 getting flogged
We ended 2010 by getting comfortably beaten (were on the verge of getting flogged)
We deserved to end up 2011 by getting flogged (and may still happen)

Auckland4ever

Juniors
What success?

We ended 2007 by getting flogged
We ended 2008 by getting flogged
We spent the entire 2009 getting flogged
We ended 2010 by getting comfortably beaten (were on the verge of getting flogged)
We deserved to end up 2011 by getting flogged (and may still happen)

We consistently make the finals. That is some success. We've had runs of wins based on hard work, discipline, ball control, defense but have ultimately lacked the attack to go all the way. We now have the individuals that can spark attacking plays, but don't seem to want to wait to set a platform and we react to careless mistakes simply by making more careless mistakes, often in our own half. We need to find a happy medium is all I'm saying.

I think the highlight for me was when the commentator said that manu plays the trumphet, can just imagine on the bus to the airport manu saying cheer up boys ive got the trumphet in the bag, then proceeding to play a few songs for everyone :)

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
We consistently make the finals. That is some success. We've had runs of wins based on hard work, discipline, ball control, defense but have ultimately lacked the attack to go all the way. We now have the individuals that can spark attacking plays, but don't seem to want to wait to set a platform and we react to careless mistakes simply by making more careless mistakes, often in our own half. We need to find a happy medium is all I'm saying.

We've also had runs of losses when using both attack and defense based games. It's not an attack or defense thing, it's a mentality thing, we don't have the right mentality and haven't had for some time under Cleary.

NRLMad

Juniors
If Manu gets selected, clearly needs a beating. Inu is a far better player. Manu is enigmatic, does 1 good thing for 5 bad.

Heremia, Hohaia - please bugger off now. You guys are crap.
Kicking was terrible - very unusual performance.

I feel like it’s a leadership and direction thing.
We get to the 5th tackle to frequently and nobody seems to know what is going on, or what play we are running.

When we did get down the other end tonight on that odd occasion it was like roll the dice and see what comes up, Johnson put a ball through and Manu was 30m back. The Storms and Manly, even as far as the Dragons all know what their roll is on each set play, they have people in motion, people running lines, not relying on individuals to come up with on the spot decisions, and even if things change from the play they called the above mentioned teams seem to be able to adjust and change to the new formation or move.

Maybe there are too many guys that think they should be calling the shots and don’t like taking a back seat to newer guys like Maloney and Johnson?

Most of our wins (lately) have been on the back of some long distance breaks outside of oppositions 20m. We get in the 20m and seem to run left or right, then a bomb to a winger.

I don’t know if tonight game is just too fresh in my mind or what.

Some of Mateo’s offloads where ok tonight, but the receivers stuffed them up, others where just ill timed.

Did the NZRU pay us to lose? To prevent a home game to stuff up their precious world cup?:crazy:

Some stats from the game.
Lillyman and Mateo only forwards over 100m.
54 missed tackles, top 4 Maloney (10) Mateo (6) Heremaia (6) Rapira (6)
14 errors, Manu (5), Locke(2), Tupou (2), Hohaia (2)

Cant find offical completion rate or possession rate, but from stats on tv, completion around 56% and possession of around 40%!

http://www.nrl.com/warriors-lick-wounds-after-nrl-loss/tabid/10874/newsid/64739/default.aspx

post match interview

"Asked what he could say to his downcast troops after their dismal effort, a frank Cleary said: "I have no idea - I need some help."

Call Bluey!:)