What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Brisbane

hitman82

Bench
form vs. Broncos:

LL WW LL WW LL WW LL... We were always going to lose last night. If we can make it through to play the Broncos in the grand final, we will win it, sayeth the pattern of doom.

IF.

If I didn't know better, I would swear that the team and coach threw this game in some sort of a match fixing effort. Of course I know that can't be true.

Kiwimation

Juniors
At least we wernt first to be kicked out of the finals this year. Thats one better than last year. Go the warriors. I hope they do get to play the tigers. Leave manu on. Let them get some pride even if they lose as long as they play well.

maddest_kiwi

Juniors
We now have the individuals that can spark attacking plays, but don't seem to want to wait to set a platform and we react to careless mistakes simply by making more careless mistakes, often in our own half. We need to find a happy medium is all I'm saying.

Hopefully Nathan Friend can help them find that happy medium; I think he provides decent service to the halves - provides that elusive platform the Warriors have never really found (maybe PJ Marsh & Stacey Jones had it). Our halves are still really fresh, an old head like Friend might just be the key.

Seemed like no one was talking out there last night - they certainly played like it anyway.

One Warrior

Bench
Last night was inept by us, Manu had a 2007 vs Parramata like performance, one would hope performances this bad are four years apart. I would pick Manu and the team as a whole to bounce back if given the opportunity by the Storm. Berrigan will hopefully be back for Moon, Inu in and Tupou to centre, how bad is Mannering's injury, if he is out Brown in for him.

maddest_kiwi

Juniors
Berrigan will hopefully be back for Moon, Inu in and Tupou to centre, how bad is Mannering's injury, if he is out Brown in for him.

Don't you need to be (at a bare minimum) defensively sound to play in the centers??? Pretty sure Tupou's mediocre D would get exploited more so at center than it all ready is on the wing. In saying that it couldn't be to much worse than Brown's efforts last night.

devoid

Juniors
Yeah, Brown was shocking. As soon as the ball got near his edge he started back-peddling like crazy. Tupou was pretty good last night - got stripped sure , but otherwise, I thought he was fair; he certainly wasn't the reason we lost.

Red Bear

Referee
I think you have more positives this year than last year. Last year you went in with Seymour your halfback and Hohia your fullback. This year Locke has only just hit 50 games and has been outstanding much of the year and Johnson is only half a season in to his career. Alot of upside with those guys.

Your front row was reasonable and made decent yardage. The other positive is that you cant possibly play that badly again.

The only major query I have over your side next season is centres, but the nucleus of a very good side is together, compared with twelve months ago. Frustrating when a game like last night happens but small bump on the way.

Izz

Bench
Interesting article here from Gus Gould: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/5577726/Phil-Gould-picks-Dragons-writes-off-Warriors

He thinks our lack of Origin players (and big game experience) will count against us in the finals (note that it was written before the game last night). Interesting to see a lot of people picking Jacob Lillyman as our best player... maybe he's on to something...
He says the same thing during every Kiwis test, too. Usually with about 15 minutes to go he'll just keep repeating how we have no origin experience so won't be able to finish things off with any intensity. It's funny when we win.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Don't you need to be (at a bare minimum) defensively sound to play in the centers??? Pretty sure Tupou's mediocre D would get exploited more so at center than it all ready is on the wing. In saying that it couldn't be to much worse than Brown's efforts last night.

Tupou doesn't really miss tackles, when in the right position he is reasonably solid. It's his defensive positioning - ie when the errors come, he hardly lays a hand on them.

Interesting article here from Gus Gould: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/5577726/Phil-Gould-picks-Dragons-writes-off-Warriors

He thinks our lack of Origin players (and big game experience) will count against us in the finals (note that it was written before the game last night). Interesting to see a lot of people picking Jacob Lillyman as our best player... maybe he's on to something...

Gould has origin so far up his ass you can smell it on his breath across a room. Kiwis have no origin experience but we have world cup & four nations. Benji, foran and co are going pretty well so far in finals. We had no origin stars is 02, guess that's why we lost?
International experience proves more helpful these days, origin is a trial for Aussie team to be beaten by kiwis.
Funny the best rated player was a origin player.
Hopeful this is a good omen as Gould ends up with egg on his face a fair bit after these kinda comments.

devoid

Juniors
You never hear Gould go on about Foran or Marshall not being up to it because they're not origin players.

Not wanting to play spoiler, but doesn't that prove his argument?

Sorry hadnt read 3,2,1 due to protest of performance and thought Gould had picked him as our best player.
Has he been our best player all year? But then again the argument is during big game, which he would be 1 from 1.