What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Brisbane

Big Pete

Referee
Commiserations Warriors fans. You guys certainly weren't at your best but we were and we were going to have to be to beat your mob. Really enjoy playing your mob because it doesn't matter if it's a physical, high scoring, low scoring, tight, flogging or controversial game, the fans are really respectful to one another and love a good contest of Rugby League.

I think you guys will make it through to Week 2 but I'm uncertain whether you'll make it to Week 3. Either way, I reckon you guys are on the right track and it wouldn't surprise me to see you take home your maiden premiership right around the corner.

Best of luck guys, and hopefully Glenn can earn himself a Kiwi jersey. I know he'll cherish the opportunity for the rest of his life.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Tupou started the rot by a weak carry that resulted in the ball being stripped, and ending in the Broncos first try...he's been sh!t for a fair weeks now and should never have started ahead of Inu...agree that Vatuvei was far worse than tupou...he's the highest paid player on the Warriors books and didnt earn one cvent of that tonight...he should be quickly released from his contract to join the super league bound bunch of useless geniuss.

I wouldn't go that far to say he needs to be released. Most people said that in 2008 after the Eels match but he got more out of himself, and needs to again.

ozenzud

Juniors
Guys, clearly that game last night was a massive choke. Remember the warriors have very young players across the field. Particularly SJ in the halfs. Brisbane are young too, but they have the leadership to steer them.

Brisbane know they had to match the warriors forwards and they did. They blunted the go forward. That put the team under pressure. Add a good kicking game and a shocker by Manu. Topou was OK, but our defence once Moon went was embarrising.

If there's a next week, we have real problems in the centres. Lewis Brown, wouldn't make the Vulcans on that performance last night. Mannering may have to go back there. Bring back Taylor to tackle. Hopefully Berrigan will be right.

All that Cr&p above about this being Cleary's fault is just that. Cr&p. He didn't drop the ball, he didn't fail to support the ball carrier (how many times did we make breaks and nobody was there?) he didn't miss the tackles or fail to move up and commit. The players did that. Players will need to pick themselves up, if they get a chance. They play for Tigers I understand if Storm beats Newcastle.

Rich102

Staff member
I think the highlight for me was when the commentator said that manu plays the trumphet, can just imagine on the bus to the airport manu saying cheer up boys ive got the trumphet in the bag, then proceeding to play a few songs for everyone :)

Apparently he tried but dropped it!

Micistm

Bench
What success?

We ended 2007 by getting flogged
We ended 2008 by getting flogged
We spent the entire 2009 getting flogged
We ended 2010 by getting comfortably beaten (were on the verge of getting flogged)
We deserved to end up 2011 by getting flogged (and may still happen)

I know I shouldn't laugh after last night...but this post in conjunction with your forum name is bloody funny:lol: But I feel your pain man, I do.

Micistm

Bench
Deliberately didn't post until the morning thinking it'd be a bit emotive and thought I'd have time to calm down.

I Haven't.

WTF was that?! That was an embarrasing performance for anyone involved or supporting the team. Worst performance of the year, and it has to be saved for the playoffs. It was a disgrace. Nerves? Just a one off bad day at work? How can you even explain a display that bad? It almost makes you feel sorry for the teams that just missed the eight and would be more worthy of being there.
When the Cowgirls got spanked it made me feel slightly better, that a team got knocked out worse with a larger (slightly) scoreline...but like many that was so bad I'm not even sure if I want them to keep their extra life if the Storm win. Just painful.
If they get another chance at this I would expect their absolute all in the next game to try and make some sort of ammends after that. And for Cleary to swallow the pride, admit Manu just isn't right, put the differences aside and have Inu there.

Micistm

Bench
P.S. Couldn't watch the Manly game. Too pissed off, the Warriors performance ruined the playoffs for me. Call of Duty went on...that game gave me the desire to blow shit up

hitman82

Bench
Yeah I don't know how valuable statistical dissection / blame laying will be after that game - was most definitely just an EPIC finals choke.

A young team in a huge game, on a massive stage and intense atmosphere, with poor leadership and terrible communication; playing a team who were totally in the zone - everything just went to shit.

But no excuses; that performance was an insult to the fans.

Micistm

Bench
Commiserations Warriors fans. You guys certainly weren't at your best but we were and we were going to have to be to beat your mob. Really enjoy playing your mob because it doesn't matter if it's a physical, high scoring, low scoring, tight, flogging or controversial game, the fans are really respectful to one another and love a good contest of Rugby League.

I think you guys will make it through to Week 2 but I'm uncertain whether you'll make it to Week 3. Either way, I reckon you guys are on the right track and it wouldn't surprise me to see you take home your maiden premiership right around the corner.

Best of luck guys, and hopefully Glenn can earn himself a Kiwi jersey. I know he'll cherish the opportunity for the rest of his life.

Mate nice of you to cheer us up after a night from hell. You Broncos are always there or there abouts and if you don't turn up to play well this is what happens. Good luck to you in the finals:)

Micistm

Bench
Guys, clearly that game last night was a massive choke. Remember the warriors have very young players across the field. Particularly SJ in the halfs. Brisbane are young too, but they have the leadership to steer them.

Brisbane know they had to match the warriors forwards and they did. They blunted the go forward. That put the team under pressure. Add a good kicking game and a shocker by Manu. Topou was OK, but our defence once Moon went was embarrising.

If there's a next week, we have real problems in the centres. Lewis Brown, wouldn't make the Vulcans on that performance last night. Mannering may have to go back there. Bring back Taylor to tackle. Hopefully Berrigan will be right.

All that Cr&p above about this being Cleary's fault is just that. Cr&p. He didn't drop the ball, he didn't fail to support the ball carrier (how many times did we make breaks and nobody was there?) he didn't miss the tackles or fail to move up and commit. The players did that. Players will need to pick themselves up, if they get a chance. They play for Tigers I understand if Storm beats Newcastle.

I agree with you. The team as a whole just had a shocking game from hell as a unit...the same players more or less that have done what was needed this year to finish in sixth. So aside from Manu, there's no point naming names, and if we get another chance to go on today, they just have to do it. You can't surrender before kick off. You can't drop the whole squad. They just have to watch the game video of how bad they were then another showing they can beat the same team if they get their shit together.
The only one I'd call to be dropped and doesn't deserve the chance to make up for it was manu-because it was simply that bad. And I feel for him, I really do. It's sad, but he is just out of all sorts of form and simply shouldn't be there at the moment. Or the Vulcans.

Micistm

Bench
It must have been an out and out choke. Stagefright when there was 48,000 there. Your form- the whole teams- just can't all go, all at once, so badly.
All the more reason Manu should be dropped though. His form hasn't been good for a while, and he's one of the older cooler heads. Apparently.

We've also had runs of losses when using both attack and defense based games. It's not an attack or defense thing, it's a mentality thing, we don't have the right mentality and haven't had for some time under Cleary.

This is where Bluey's inclusion will help the most

MENTALITY is key and Brian has that "get in the young boys head" method and makes them beleive they ARE world champions

I don't blame Cleary for the teams performance BUT he has to admit he got it wrong with dropping our best winger Inu for 2011

Bluey and Inu are going to be lethal combo for 2012 can't wait for that.

I wouldnt care if Melbourne LOST today we dont belong here and will almost guarantee a big loss against the tigers at home if we make it in

I be going for Broncos and Manly to take it out for 2011

Broncos because of Lockyer

Manly because their team has been impressive and their halves are great, not to mention their coach is so good but so underated its ridiculous

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I know I shouldn't laugh after last night...but this post in conjunction with your forum name is bloody funny:lol: But I feel your pain man, I do.

:lol: I've been making a mockery out of my username all season. Even said preseason that we'll have a good run during the season, make the 8 and then do absolutely nothing. I felt very little pain last night because it's what I've been expecting all year.

Have faith in the club, but lost the faith in Cleary long ago.

devoid

Juniors
The worst thing about last night, is that the guys who folded last year vs Tits in the 4 v 5, were as bad, if not worse vs Broncs.