What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Bulldogs rd4 2023

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
One of the most bizarrely and poorly officiated games I’ve seen for a while, summed up beautifully at the end when he let them not play the ball for 14 seconds lol

I think I’ve missed a new rule book handed out, thought that was a clear no try with AFB making contact while in front of Johnson
Clearly the bunker didn't know what they are doing. While AFB can't disappear he got slightly in front. Would Mahoney have stopped SJ probably not, but it's not how it's ruled. I suspect make-up for Pompey disallowed try.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Great win...

Hopefully injury toll isn't too terrible. Bit worried about Tohu
Yeah we definitely need Tohu. I want to see Egan and DWZ back too, Lussick did well but Egan is one of our best, and while Kosi has improved a ton he still gets beaten on the outside too often, and doesn’t have DWZ’s pace or class as a finisher.

One of the most bizarrely and poorly officiated games I’ve seen for a while, summed up beautifully at the end when he let them not play the ball for 14 seconds lol
Yep, Lusick called not square got involved in tackle and pinged. Burton called offside, gives himself up and then involved in tackle and nothing.
Should of blown time off and made Jazz play it. But think he just wanted to get out of there.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Should of blown time off and made Jazz play it. But think he just wanted to get out of there.
yep ref totally lost his composure at the end there. Good thing is now we’re playing well and in the top 4 when the next round of games are scheduled hopefully we’ll get the good officials instead of the dregs.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The good thing is, we now have a Warriors side who will commit, and compete

thought it was a fairly poor game from both teams attack wise, which may find them out later in the season, but if both sides aim up in defence, they’ll keep themselves in games

good comp this year

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Would have been smarter to play the ball 5-seconds earlier
Yeah was still pointless from Jazz, just play the thing and jog into the tackle from DH. Webster should have a word.
Anyone remember the Motu Tony voluntary tackle in 2001?

vvvrulz

Coach
That was hilarious, Tevaga played Burton like a fiddle though, Matt should’ve stood back and forced Jazz to play it or get penalised

Jazz walked a very fine line (as usual) but this time got away with it, he should have been penalised.
However after the ridiculous calls that went their way, I'm not shedding a tear.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Jazz walked a very fine line (as usual) but this time got away with it, he should have been penalised.
However after the ridiculous calls that went their way, I'm not shedding a tear.
I just found it hilarious that Burton fell for his bullshit, should’ve just taken half a step back and held his hands up and made Jazz look stupid.

Blair

Coach
I just found it hilarious that Burton fell for his bullshit, should’ve just taken half a step back and held his hands up and made Jazz look stupid.
I need to watch this mutant moment. On radio they just said, 'Jazz is playing Burton like a sax'.

Leber

Bench
I've watched the replay of the striped ball no try a few times now and theres no way Kikau wasn't playing at the ball. His hand position afterwards clearly shows he was trying to grab it.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I've watched the replay of the striped ball no try a few times now and theres no way Kikau wasn't playing at the ball. His hand position afterwards clearly shows he was trying to grab it.
It's ridiculous, really. I'm not 100% sure Shaun was playing at the ball with the captain's challenge, it seemed like he pulled at a hand...I dunno the rule but that's not playing the ball for me.

And if he was, sure as f**k Kikau was.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I need to watch this mutant moment. On radio they just said, 'Jazz is playing Burton like a sax'.
Was he? That annoyed me, that moment. It wasn't necessary. It was 10 seconds to go, 4th tackle, we could've played the ball, spread and killed those seconds. I was shitting myself that we'd concede a penalty. I thought it was pretty typical Jazz toolery, although seems like no one agrees with me...so I'll go back in my box

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Easy try to the dogs, ball not wrapped up Vailea misses a tackle turning in and winger scores. Poor defense.

0-6 4mins

I've heard multiple references to Vailea's defence both here and in the main match thread, am I losing my mind or was it Montoya who got steamrolled for that try? I don't really remember Vailea missing a tackle yesterday yet he seems to be under scrutiny (contrast with Kosi and Montoya who came up with real clangers leading directly to tries).

I get it if the criticism is that Vailea left a 2 on 1 overlap but that seems a bit of an obtuse thing to focus on when Montoya would've shut down the move had he not got absolutely rolled.

Leber

Bench
I've heard multiple references to Vailea's defence both here and in the main match thread, am I losing my mind or was it Montoya who got steamrolled for that try? I don't really remember Vailea missing a tackle yesterday yet he seems to be under scrutiny (contrast with Kosi and Montoya who came up with real clangers leading directly to tries).

I get it if the criticism is that Vailea left a 2 on 1 overlap but that seems a bit of an obtuse thing to focus on when Montoya would've shut down the move had he not got absolutely rolled.
Initially when I saw it, I thought it was all Vailea (maybe a bit of bias there) but when u watch the replay, Montoya was(n't) involved aswell.