What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Bulldogs rnd 1 2019

Blair

Coach
I love those 'abandoned places', 'ghost tours', etc. You know that tunnel at Mt Smart, where they famously ran out of in our first Warriors game in '95? Where does that lead to now? I noticed it was still open last Saturday, with a security guard standing outside, so I'm presuming it still functions as something.

Blair

Coach
Oh, I see now.

upload_2019-3-19_18-56-29.png

So when our boys ran out on that first night had they been warming up on this athletics field?

Shamefully, I've never been to Mt Smart for a Warriors game. I can see a weekend there this year though! In fact, I'm off now to look at the draw.

Interestingly, it'll take me much longer to get from Katoomba to Leumeah this Sunday than it would to fly to Auckland from Sydney. I'll tell the mrs that if she thinks I'm being extravagant.

Benek

Juniors
I don't think they warm up there anymore. That field is strictly athletics use. They warm up on main field just like the visiting team. That's why they don't use the tunnel anymore.

Rich102

Staff member
A modest stadium but has hosted a number of international athletics events. And seen a few world records set. Looked very run down last time I saw it; hope the Council have refurbished it.

Juju

Juniors
Reserve grade plays on that field quite often when the first grade team is playing away or a different day. It also hosts ARL Club playoff games pretty often.

Latest posts