What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Bunnies

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The flight was delayed. It left Akld at 7:45 pm on friday. They arrived in Perth at 9:00pm local time, which is 3:00am Saturday morning (NZ time).

It was always going to be a massive ask. Souths are the best, and showed why. I'm still confident with where it's all heading & still think we can make a dent in the finals.

The original flight timing was about right- an afternoon/evening flight is better for adjusting to time zones that are behind yours. They should've gone a day earlier though.

Sanchez

Coach
They tried to follow the NZ Breakers (Basketball) formula. But the flight delay messed things up

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
They tried to follow the NZ Breakers (Basketball) formula. But the flight delay messed things up

That's why I thing leaving Thursady would've been smart, the extra day acts as an insurance policy for those sort of problems, plus gives extra adjustment time.

BunniesMan

Immortal
At halftime I thought the game was over. That was the best 40 minutes any team has played against us all year, Storm included. Start doing that for 80 minutes and you'll be right there with the top 3 as premiership contenders.

spear tackle

Juniors
At halftime I thought the game was over. That was the best 40 minutes any team has played against us all year, Storm included. Start doing that for 80 minutes and you'll be right there with the top 3 as premiership contenders.

yeah we know that, but sometimes our team likes to take a bit of a nap during the game (usually at the wrong end)

Meth

Staff member
I've noticed some real improvement in the defensive efforts of Vatuvei, Hurrell, Fisiiahi and Johnson this year.

vvvrulz

Coach
I've noticed some real improvement in the defensive efforts of Vatuvei, Hurrell, Fisiiahi and Johnson this year.

While that's true, its still worrying how Johnson's attacking form blows hot and cold. Often in the same match.

Rich102

Staff member
Agreed.
I think Vatuvei looks a lot sharper and fitter this year.
Has Fisiiahi put on weight? His stopping power seems to have increased plus he is more keen to get involved.
The team's defence has been outstanding lately.

captainwarrior

Juniors
I agree and though they look much fitter and defence would be the first thing Elliot changed when he went in there, to me it looks like Neilson has made a massive impact on Manu defensively. Last year Manu had a centre inside him that usually played backrower, therefore although Henry was solid he sometimes made the wrong defensive decisions. But this year Manu seems a lot more confident with his own defensive choices knowing he has an extremely good defensive centre inside him in Neilson.

While that's true, its still worrying how Johnson's attacking form blows hot and cold. Often in the same match.

Yeah. In fact I'd say the Warriors have improved despite Johnson holding the team back. He's just nowhere near the standard required. Poor execution of the simple plays, wandering cross field all the time without any idea what to do, never looking to take the line on, and usually ending up with a shit play or a very high but poorly placed bomb.
Very disappointed with his development ever since he's been playing first grade.

TheDMC

Bench
On Neilsen, granted he is not an attacking center but I think his value to the team is immense. He is a key reason for our edge defense being much better, he anticipates the play and doesn't panic, slides out perfectly, giving inside defenders time to come and cover yet not so slowly that the attacker gets on the outside. Plus he is directing Manu etc. Our outside defense was our BIGGEST technical weakness last year and cost us many a game as well as all confidence. Happily concede his attacking lameness for helping sort out that shit. Plenty of attacking weapons around him and we don't have an issue scoring points.

Johnson is frustrating as mentioned - hot and cold. His bombs are exceptional in every way except where they land...always three or four meters too far for proper competing. He still runs like a touch player, only going for a gap if he thinks he will barely be touched (which aint going to happen much with good defense aware of his step). He needs to use some physicality and bust through half gaps which he will find easily, not rely on creating gaping holes - he is not that small a dude.

Latest posts