What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Dolphins Rd23

FFS, that is absolutely awful from Capewell
f**ken terrible, so much so he needs his bank account checked. Not even a rookie would back off as their inside and outside push up.

Checks refs for a forward pass for a try, 2 points in front for a high shot and bunker for a 10mins in the bin payment as well.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Just saying we seemed to give a stuff about winning once we woke up.

Shame our defence is horrible at the moment though.
How big are combinations in regards to defense, and how that affects how badly/well we defend? Or is it just a case of guys knowing how to do the job they have, and they just aren't doing it?

Looks like the malaise has hit the whole squad, Capewell's effort for the Averello try was bemusing. But I will give him this - unlike Kosi (again...) he at least chased back with all his might. So often I see Kosi with low effort plays, and I cannot fathom how Webster keeps picking him.

sup42

Juniors
How big are combinations in regards to defense, and how that affects how badly/well we defend? Or is it just a case of guys knowing how to do the job they have, and they just aren't doing it?

Looks like the malaise has hit the whole squad, Capewell's effort for the Averello try was bemusing. But I will give him this - unlike Kosi (again...) he at least chased back with all his might. So often I see Kosi with low effort plays, and I cannot fathom how Webster keeps picking him.

The lack of combos is probably our biggest problem both sides of the ball. Even experienced tacklers like Roger are not quite meshing (and of course he gets moved about more than anyone).

As for the attitude, we seemed to start the year well with that narrow loss to the Storm being a highlight. There is this sense that we got caught with our pants down every time we played teams we rolled comfortably last season, that year two thing where we think we have it sussed and the rest of the comp is aiming up expecting a hard game from us.

Latest posts