What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Dragons

Benek

Juniors
So the gameplan so far seems to be kick weak uncontested bombs to Morris, and then fail to tackle him while he makes an easy 15 metres counter attack. Way to build pressure Warriors. This is working out so well.

Manu, stay put on your wing FFS.

Mike0070

Juniors
7:30pm start and the boys look sluggish , out the back passing looks amateur

Effort may be there , but we have no spark

Blair

Coach
Could have won this but we don't seem to be as 'hard-nosed professional' as these other outfits.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Hang on, a late charge home? (74th minute and a penalty 40 metres out from the Dragons line).

Blair

Coach
Dud pass by Johnson. Probably the game.

Game over, roll on Anzac Day. We need one of our upset wins now.

"Step backwards for the Warriors today." ABC commentator.

Benek

Juniors
So bloody frustrating to watch these guys every week!

Nielsen must be dropped. Biggest attacking black hole in the NRL. A good centre would have put Manu in for 2 more tries based on the opportunities they created on that side today.

Blair

Coach
Tomkins and Dugan getting the raps by the ABC radio commentators.

Also "while Johnson was sleeping, Thomas (Leuluai) was playing."

Diesel

Referee
I don't care much anymore, it makes the unexpected & expected loses easier

I used to know the Warriors yearly draw inside and out, but now I never know who we play next and don't care

Blair

Coach
This forum's quiet too, have we all lost faith?

'Faith' has been all we've had left lately.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Fair effort, just didn't have the finishing touches. With a team lacking cohesion/experience it's to be expected to some degree. No less disappointing though.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Typical game v Dragons. Outmuscled and ground out of the game. Pretty expected result. My only question is: what are Dane Neilson's KPIs?

The Pa Kid

Juniors
Gee's that was one hard watch.
When you want to stay in the starting team, shout the coach alnight as soon as he walks in the bar.
Yours will be first name he remembers in the morning.
That must be the only way Neilson getting picked each week.

Diesel

Referee
TBH if they dump McFadden I don't know how much rebuilding/change I can take.

The players seem to be trying a little more overall and I'm liking what I am hearing. This year is a write-off, if we're lucky we'll finish 10th, if unlucky maybe 15th (on point differential).

Management really stuffed up in mid-2011 but that is in hindsight as most us thought we were on a winner with Bluey and it was a colossal f*ck up with what happen late 2012 til round 5 this year.

I'm confident if Cappy says he'll get rid of a lot of deadwood & actually coach/develop the players but like I said, if we dump him because we have some lazy/fringe FGers and end up with Sheens who is living off his Raiders days and 2005 I'd just about be done... Just about, but won't ever give up on the club

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
Missed Hurrell big time.

Neilson is becoming close to never wanting to see him in a Warriors jersey again.
Used to defend him before on defence but today his attack was so atrocious its not funny, hard to believe this was a first grade Storm centre.

We were not really *that* bad.. and yet we are hurtling into spoon territory.

Mike0070

Juniors
Neilson had a another shit game , f**k mate I'm so over watching these limp performances , whose gonna be picked next week.

This forum has definately gone quiet over the last few weeks , off came my jersey at half time , felt like i was watching the wowsers in slow motion tonight.

vvvrulz

Coach
Neilson had a another shit game , f**k mate I'm so over watching these limp performances , whose gonna be picked next week.

This forum has definately gone quiet over the last few weeks , off came my jersey at half time , felt like i was watching the wowsers in slow motion tonight.

We were not actually that bad really.

If we figured out our 5th tackle options and converted a few golden chances, we were right in it. At least our forwards are on the job.

Marty

Juniors
I didn't think it was that bad. I thought we probably played quite well myself. Its just there is a reason why we have only won 4 from like 17 against the Dragons...somehow even our best teams over the years when they are in form cant beat them.

I am really likeing the improvement in the side to be honest. Its early days but I think Cappy could be real good for us. I liked how Gubb never came back on from basically gifting the try to them in the last minute with the dumb error. Henry was weak as well in general play but he should get better with some match fitness. There was good intensity right throughout the side. Mannering has really gone to another level in leading the defence and his attack has even improved. Tomkins is slowly getting better as well.

Replace Nielson with Laumape and bring Hurrel and Locke to play Centre and Wing on the other side. Drop Gubb and replace him with Jason Bukuya. With that team we should win against the Storm.