What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Dragons

Benek

Juniors
I don't think we forced a dropout last game either. Haven't looked at stats but I'd guess we are last on the table in terms of dropouts forced. We certainly have a special talent for putting as little pressure as possible on the opponent.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Pretty much any other team would have beaten the Dragons last night. They didn't play a very structured game, forcing offloads and generally being loose with the ball. We just didn't have an attacking game to worry them at all.

I'm worried about where our next win will come from.

oikee

Juniors
The Dragons were brilliant. Josh Dugan will be Origin fullback. What a monster he has turned into.
That was the best i have seen the dragons play for 5 years.
So looking at the Warriors, this the first time i really think they made massive improvements. Johnson was better in D, and the forwards were only a Mattalino short of winning.

This was one of the fastest games i think i have seen.
The Warriors had to push through a lung pain barrier.
I think they are close to turning the corner now.

I would like to see CARLOS TUIMAVAVE alongside "Nielson" and use Conrad Hurrell as a impact wide running forward.

Keep Manu and the other young Laumape on the wings.

That reminded me of the Cleary-era. Valiant effort, committed defence, but very little threat going forward.

Forwards are meh, no second phase. The really need someone like Vatuvei in the forwards, who can bend the line and break tackles with his hit-ups. He is wasted out on the wing, especially cos on defence he's always going to be exposed.

One Warrior

Bench
Neilsen must surely go now, stopping our attack down Manu's wing, I groan every time he gets the ball and his much vaunted defence is a myth. My team against the Storm is:

1. Tomkins
2. Locke
3. Hurrell
4. Laumape
5. Manu
6. Townsend
7. Johnson
8. Rapira
9. Leuluai
10. Lillyman
11. Lousi ( Matulino following week, Louisi to bench) note just learned he was available for next week
12. Bakuya
13. Mannering
14. Friend (Kata in a couple more weeks)
15. Matagi
16. Gubb (one more week then Vete or Lisone)
17. Ikahihifo (Mateo to come back in a couple of weeks if he performs)

Neilsen -early release from club if possible.

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
I would go

1 Tomkins
2 Locke
3 Laumape
4 Hurrell
5 Vatuvei
6 Leuluai
7 Johnson
8 Rapira
9 Friend (stop giving up penalties though you dope - no way he can be re-signed for next year, seriously past it)
10 Lillyman
11 Bakuya
12 Mannering (c)
13 Ikahihihfo

Havili
Sione Lousi
Matagi
Henry

Out: Neilsen, horrible player. Gubb, that offload was outrageously dopey and Lousi is a straight swap for him in my book.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
I thought we improved again but seems mostly pack a sad doom and I hate the warriors gloom around here.

Nielsen made some bad decisions but if Manu understood anything about attack position we would've had 2 line breaks but no, stupid Manu thinks it's a good idea to over run your centre as he is getting the ball.

WTF is with Manu rushing off his wing in D? He's an idiot. If Nielsen goes so does Manu. Slide with tommy and Dane, DONT run after the centre watch him pass it then try cover your winger, idiot.

Hurrell let in 2 try's in NSW cup. He still has NFI on defence. NFI.

So I don't know who we bring in for danger, who we got?

Locke for Manu.

Johnson kicks were poor but when you got no one to kick too, where you gonna kick?

Poor kick chase, lack off commitment chasing the ball and no communication of what kick were using.

oikee

Juniors
Locke would get monstered on the wing. I think Locke only has one position, and unfortunately that is taken by Tomkins.
1=Tomkins
2=Manu
3=Tumavavie, stick with him
4= Nielson, stop blaming him for everything
5=Glen Fisiiahi when fit, Laumape
6=Johnson (vc)
7=Leuluai
8 Rapira
9 Friend
10 Lillyman
11 Mattalino
12 Mannering (c)
13 Bakuya

Havili
Ikahihihfo/Hurrell Impact players.
Matagi
Henry/ Lousi

That is a very good line-up and these players can cover many positions on the field.
Any injuries and you have most players covered.

This team can easily win a grand final. They also have a couple of Fantastic forwards in the Vulcans lineup.
Vetu and ABRAHAM PAPALII are coming along nicely as backup cover.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
I would go

1 Tomkins
2 Locke
3 Laumape
4 Hurrell
5 Vatuvei
6 Leuluai
7 Johnson
8 Rapira
9 Friend (stop giving up penalties though you dope - no way he can be re-signed for next year, seriously past it)
10 Lillyman
11 Bakuya
12 Mannering (c)
13 Ikahihihfo

Havili
Sione Lousi
Matagi
Henry

Out: Neilsen, horrible player. Gubb, that offload was outrageously dopey and Lousi is a straight swap for him in my book.

Question. What is your reasoning for putting Mannering back into the second row?

Rich102

Staff member
Locke would get monstered on the wing. I think Locke only has one position, and unfortunately that is taken by Tomkins.
1=Tomkins
2=Manu
6=Johnson
7=Leuluai
8 Rapira
9 Friend
10 Lillyman
11 Mattalino
12 Mannering (c)
13 Bakuya

Havili
Matagi
Henry/ Lousi

That is a very good line-up and these players can cover many positions on the field.

This team can easily win a grand final. They also have a couple of Fantastic forwards in the Vulcans lineup.

I guess you didn't hear Matulino is out for at least 2 weeks.

Iafeta

Referee
I thought we improved again but seems mostly pack a sad doom and I hate the warriors gloom around here.

Nielsen made some bad decisions but if Manu understood anything about attack position we would've had 2 line breaks but no, stupid Manu thinks it's a good idea to over run your centre as he is getting the ball.

WTF is with Manu rushing off his wing in D? He's an idiot. If Nielsen goes so does Manu. Slide with tommy and Dane, DONT run after the centre watch him pass it then try cover your winger, idiot.

Hurrell let in 2 try's in NSW cup. He still has NFI on defence. NFI.

So I don't know who we bring in for danger, who we got?

Locke for Manu.

Johnson kicks were poor but when you got no one to kick too, where you gonna kick?

Poor kick chase, lack off commitment chasing the ball and no communication of what kick were using.

I had him down for letting in 1 try. It was fairly clever ball playing from Williams though.

He also set up Locke's with a great offload to Vete. And his general work rate in pumping the ball forward was terrific.

Rich, I don't think Mannering played second row. Mannering was right edge second row. Ikahihifo was playing lock.

Also on Locke getting monstered on the wing, he's no smaller than the likes of David Mead or Kevin Gordon and they go fairly well on the wing for mine. I really don't believe Fusitua is that much stronger than him (struggling to see all the hype on him to be fair).

Rich102

Staff member
Did anyone else hear the commentators, it may have been during the NSWarriors game, say that McFadden had said during an interview that the Warriors are unfit and soft? I thought this was supposed to be the pre-season from hell?
Answer is in your hands Andrew.

Rich102

Staff member
Iafeta.
I take your point about yesterday but would you prefer Mannering at second row or lock?
To me he is a natural lock - Lucky Mk II. Save the second row for a bit of agression and attacking skill.

oikee

Juniors
I guess you didn't hear Matulino is out for at least 2 weeks.

I thought he only got a week. In that case i would just move one of my impact players up to replace him until he returns.
As everyone could see , the team was short a impact player, so Hurrell could fill this gap, bring him on for short sharp 10 to 15 minute impacts.
When Matulino gets back he comes straight in and is used as a wide running forward, as is Mannering.
I like Bakura as Lock, it just seems like a natural fit behind two bigger second rowers.
Just think the team needs some synergy.

Hurrell and Ikahihifo along with Havili are all great impact players off the bench.
They need Mannering and Matulino to last 80 minutes. If not Henry/Lousi can come on and cover.

Last edited:

One Warrior

Bench
1=Tomkins
2=Manu
6=Johnson (vc)
7=Leuluai
8 Rapira
9 Friend
10 Lillyman
11 Mattalino
12 Mannering (c)
13 Bakuya

Havili
Matagi
Henry/ Lousi

No it wouldn't, Tuimavave & Neilsen would be the worst centre pairing in history, one with no clue on defence and the other with no clue on attack.

vvvrulz

Coach
I would go

1 Tomkins
2 Locke
3 Laumape
4 Hurrell
5 Vatuvei
6 Leuluai
7 Johnson
8 Rapira
10 Lillyman
11 Bakuya
12 Mannering (c)
13 Ikahihihfo

Havili
Sione Lousi
Matagi
Henry

I would lock in 1-12 of that squad for the rest of the season.
Matulino and hopefully Martel to work into 13 and the bench.

Peyroux might earn a bench spot.

I was happy to justify Neilson before, but he's been absolutely shocking this year.
Dump him for good.

Mike0070

Juniors
Did anyone else hear the commentators, it may have been during the NSWarriors game, say that McFadden had said during an interview that the Warriors are unfit and soft? I thought this was supposed to be the pre-season from hell?
Answer is in your hands Andrew.

It was just after the 2nd half , McFadden reportedly said they were unfit and lacked mental toughness.

I struggled to understand our kick chase last nite , looked like no one really knew what the plan was.

Diesel

Referee
The EP game vs Raiders means we should have close to our strongest side, Locke should get another game in NSW Cup or NRL, Henry should get another game in FG, Konnie should be back this weekend & Mutts if not injured will be back, Lousi suspension would have been served. Add to it that Tomkins is improving by the game, the Chad could be pressing for the #6 jersey and the team are adjusting to Cappy I'm expecting them to put in a really good showing against Canberra and wouldn't be surprised if we out 40+ on them

Latest posts