What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs England Denver 2018

ozenzud

Juniors
So poorly is RL promoted and supported in NZ, the Kiwis got less at the quarter final at the world cup in Wellington. So this is a positive.

The game was pretty entertaining. The Kiwis looked good till they dropped the ball, which they did too often. Would love to see a full strength Kiwi side play Tonga again.

At the end of the year, Tonga v Kiwis, Tonga v Oz......but then, the players association would say no, have to keep players fresh for the NRL competition.....bullshit.

19000, for a midseason test between England and a depleted NZ side, in Denver, for the first time ever has to be looked at as a positive. Benchmark has been set, lets see what they can do next time round. Wonder had the Rockies not been playing wether or not we'd have seen a bigger number there.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
1. RTS
2. DWZ
3. Marsters
4. Kahu
5. Rapana
6. Johnson
7. Nikorima
8. NAS
9. Luke
10. Taupau
11. Tapine
12. Harris
13. Blair

14. Smith
15. Fisher-Harris
16. Ah Mau
17. JWH

Matua

Bench
I think you misunderstood me. Not saying there are issues with players there currently but it has happened in the past and I really don't want to see it again. Nathan Fien and Brent Webb are Aussie's.

For Oz James Tamou and Semi Radradra.

Those are just some examples. Didn't Rangi Chase play for England?

That's what I'm talking about.

There are enough good Kiwi players that we shouldn't need to fill the squad with players who obviously aren't based on residency rules or some other BS
Oh, so you're actually referring to purely to those based on residency then? I think that is fair enough, especially when they move for professional sports reasons.

If Fien could read a family tree better then he would never have played for NZ,so he's a bit of an anomaly really.

Big Marn

Juniors
I noticed one fan expressing some concern
giphy.gif

anyone good at reading lips? love to know what shes screaming. f**king NOOOO. Hold your f**king "insert word"

Oh, so you're actually referring to purely to those based on residency then? I think that is fair enough, especially when they move for professional sports reasons.

If Fien could read a family tree better then he would never have played for NZ,so he's a bit of an anomaly really.
He played in second year (2006) of NZ residency causing granny-gate, but he qualified in his 3rd year to play (2007)for Kiwis.

Matua

Bench
He played in second year (2006) of NZ residency causing granny-gate, but he qualified in his 3rd year to play (2007)for Kiwis.
Yeah, but I don't think he would have even thought about it (qualifying by residency) if not for granny-gate.

Rich102

Staff member
He didn't have to apply for it.
He automatically qualifies after three years as a resident as far as I understand.
The NZRL just tried to speed the process up and got caught out.

He didn't have to apply for it.
He automatically qualifies after three years as a resident as far as I understand.
The NZRL just tried to speed the process up and got caught out.
Now waiting for Green to qualify, unless he has some sneaky branches on his family tree.