What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Knights rd 2 2021

Rich102

Staff member
I am so over Jazz.
He gets way more minutes than his skill deserves.
50 minutes last night while Sironen was off the field for most of them.
And Bunty only got about 15.
Crazy roster management.

We need a skilled half who can run the game.

Big Marn

Juniors
I watched the highlights this morning and wondered why the f**k that try was ruled out. Absolutely hopeless.
yeh, im the same, the more they kept showing it while waiting for the conversion, the more it concerned me. There was enough movement with the hands for me to think they will find something wrong with it.
Ive watched the replay about 20 times and there is a small bobble where his left hand comes away from the ball very slightly, just as the ball touches the Knights players foot before he grabs it again before it touches the grass. Im guessing in that second his right hand is no longer in control of the ball as it touches the knights player?
Thats the ONLY thing I can think of that the bunker saw but it should still have been benefit of the doubt to us imo.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Is Jazz trying to challenge Leilua for he dumbest man in rugby league tag ? It’s a pretty hot field that one. There was only 1 result that was going to come from his ridiculous actions last night

yeh, im the same, the more they kept showing it while waiting for the conversion, the more it concerned me. There was enough movement with the hands for me to think they will find something wrong with it.
Ive watched the replay about 20 times and there is a small bobble where his left hand comes away from the ball very slightly, just as the ball touches the Knights players foot before he grabs it again before it touches the grass. Im guessing in that second his right hand is no longer in control of the ball as it touches the knights player?
Thats the ONLY thing I can think of that the bunker saw but it should still have been benefit of the doubt to us imo.
Yet in Knights try never saw ball touch the ground, every camera angle blocked except one which never showed ball on ground. Admittedly I only watched it once.

Is Jazz trying to challenge Leilua for he dumbest man in rugby league tag ? It’s a pretty hot field that one. There was only 1 result that was going to come from his ridiculous actions last night
For sure, but any reason for reaction? It was like something wrong in tackle or there was a your mumma joke in there Jazz didn't like?
Best I could see was a stray elbow that may have hit Nikorima below belt, but he didn't react or go to ground.

I am so over Jazz.
He gets way more minutes than his skill deserves.
50 minutes last night while Sironen was off the field for most of them.
And Bunty only got about 15.
Crazy roster management.

We need a skilled half who can run the game.
Harris taken off at one stage as well.

nswarrior

Juniors
At least we now know CHT isn’t a NRL quality half. He tries harder than anyone else maybe tries too hard but a couple of kick options were terrible and game management was poor

Blair

Coach
There wasn't a good feeling about this game right from the start, and I'm not surprised to learn we lost but not by much. It always felt like we were just not quite good enough, and that's what happened.

Let's get back to Mt Smart pronto , we need that honetown buzz.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

I just don't get it. The on-field referee gave it as a try, and yes I know the Bunker can choose to look themselves now but for all these years, all the benefit has gone with the on-field call. They replayed enough to know there was doubt.

These mongoloids in the box need to get their head around the fact that rugby league is not played in ultra slow motion. If there's miniscule separation, so what. If it looks like a try in real time and you're slowing down to the enth degree to try and rule it out, you're doing it wrong.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
For sure, but any reason for reaction? It was like something wrong in tackle or there was a your mumma joke in there Jazz didn't like?
Best I could see was a stray elbow that may have hit Nikorima below belt, but he didn't react or go to ground.

Yeah I tried to find something too and couldn't. Jazz will never challenge Joey Leilua for the dumbest penalty magnet in the game but he might go near Monty as the worst Warrior all-time for it.

nswarrior

Juniors
I just don't get it. The on-field referee gave it as a try, and yes I know the Bunker can choose to look themselves now but for all these years, all the benefit has gone with the on-field call. They replayed enough to know there was doubt.

These mongoloids in the box need to get their head around the fact that rugby league is not played in ultra slow motion. If there's miniscule separation, so what. If it looks like a try in real time and you're slowing down to the enth degree to try and rule it out, you're doing it wrong.

Had zero impact on the game though as we got a penalty and scored soon after anyway

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
At least we now know CHT isn’t a NRL quality half. He tries harder than anyone else maybe tries too hard but a couple of kick options were terrible and game management was poor

He's 21 and has played 27 games - which is basically a season's worth. Yeah his kicking game is sub-par and needs work, but game management needs time and exposure. We've got a talent there we need to work with. His defence is outstanding for a half too.

Let's get back to Mt Smart pronto , we need that honetown buzz.
Even if there is a travel bubble with NZ, I don't see us back there unless a guarantee to NRL players can travel even if Jacinta, Gladys, Annastacia and Daniel don't enforce a 2 week quarantine on travellers.

I don't see this happening unless teams in a bubble, as all teams would have to go into a bubble 2 week's before travel and Warriors constantly in one.

Or until the majority of citizens are vaccinated. Which could be an issue with the vaccine hesitancy I have seen.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Jazz (unfortunately) hasn't been charged with anything by the judiciary but Jamayne Taunoa-Brown is facing three or four weeks out thanks to a crusher tackle.

Rich102

Staff member
He's 21 and has played 27 games - which is basically a season's worth. Yeah his kicking game is sub-par and needs work, but game management needs time and exposure. We've got a talent there we need to work with. His defence is outstanding for a half too.

Agree with you. But we need an attacking, organising half more than a defensive one. We are too one dimensional.

Hawks

Juniors
We weren't one dimensional under Payten, we actually played some exciting football so the kid can play. Must remember CHT never played any trial matches and had been nursing that quad injury so might take him time to get up to speed..As for that Jazz incident im pretty sure it was actually Kodi that got elbowed and Jazz retaliated to that .

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Agree with you. But we need an attacking, organising half more than a defensive one. We are too one dimensional.

Kodi is an attacking half, is he not? Certainly showed signs last year. And remember, CHT is the guy who back heeled a chip kick over his own head for a try v the Junior Kangaroos. He's got flair in him!

Blair

Coach
Even if there is a travel bubble with NZ, I don't see us back there unless a guarantee to NRL players can travel even if Jacinta, Gladys, Annastacia and Daniel don't enforce a 2 week quarantine on travellers.

I don't see this happening unless teams in a bubble, as all teams would have to go into a bubble 2 week's before travel and Warriors constantly in one.

Or until the majority of citizens are vaccinated. Which could be an issue with the vaccine hesitancy I have seen.

I'm not expecting to be fully vaccinated until early next year, which is an unfortunate situation as I'm hanging out to visit my elderly parents in Ch.Ch and I also work in a supermarket, where I have daily transgressers all over me.

We'll be getting Astra-Zeneca as opposed to Pfizer. The latter has the better reputation but is that warranted?

The NRL players will be a priority I'd imagine, poor little darlings as they are. They'll get Pfizer, like the PM.