What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Manly Rd 6

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Was that a 40/20 attempt on the 4th when down by 10 with 3mins to play? That came no where near the line.

That really sums it up doesn't it. Arguably the most evasive runner in the game, has run for FOUR METRES over the first 75 minutes, then when it is essential that someone runs the ball (and would be forgiven for doing so) he tries to kick a 40/20.

AuckMel

Bench
Watching the refs screw us then try and make up for bad calls was a pisser. Have never been more disillusioned with the game than right now.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
I'll be seeing pointless offloads to nobody in my sleep tonight. The joys of supporting one of the dumbest sides in the whole comp.

Blair

Coach
Well that was all rather underwhelming

I'm not even upset, pissed off or surprised. It was just predictable, right from the kick off, we were never winning.

These teams that switch their home games - inc. next week's Bulldogs fixture in Wellington - may just keep us in the comp. There's no way we were going to Penrith and winning. Forget about Brookvale, Olympic Park may be OK v Dogs.

Ps Penrith six, Cowboys nil, nine mins gone. That's how you start games at home against more fancied opponents.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
the old 'terrible ref' line gets tired - 20 years of that...

yes, they make mistakes - the Warriors make more

gordynz

Juniors
f**k I'm sick of Johnson doing nothing... Can this muppet Cappy just drop him to teach him a lesson?

spear tackle

Juniors
I'm not even upset, pissed off or surprised. It was just predictable, right from the kick off, we were never winning.

These teams that switch their home games - inc. next week's Bulldogs fixture in Wellington - may just keep us in the comp. There's no way we were going to Penrith and winning. Forget about Brookvale, Olympic Park may be OK v Dogs.

Ps Penrith six, Cowboys nil, nine mins gone. That's how you start games at home against more fancied opponents.

Can't say I'm too upset about the effort either, if the players don't seem to care why should I? I could have been doing better things like dishes or something though.

the old 'terrible ref' line gets tired - 20 years of that...

yes, they make mistakes - the Warriors make more

We were worse than Refs, no doubt, but never helps and you can see a normally well mannered Hoffman flying in at the end how bad it was tonight.

No more hiring of defensive coaches etc we need a squad of sport psychologists!

Auckland4ever

Juniors
f**k I'm sick of Johnson doing nothing... Can this muppet Cappy just drop him to teach him a lesson?

I don't claim to know exactly what is going on in Johnson's head - if he is genuinely having psychological issues related to his leg (which is feasible - it was badly busted), I don't think that teaching him a lesson is going to help.

Benek

Juniors
What happened with that time Kata got it out of the endgoal? Did the bunker overrule the on-field decision even though the video reply supported the call that he made it out?

That led directly to Manly points and swung the entire game out of our reach. That was only one of many head-scratchers from the refs.

Having said that, we were shithouse. What is up with our bench? Luke played 80, so what's TL doing? (Although it was good he showed Johnson how to do his job with that run). Hurrell isn't working as an impact backrower. I feel like half our bench is a complete waste.

So you can blame all the dropsies and stupid stuff on the players who didn't show up with much aggression today, but there's major coaching issues here too.

Latest posts