What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Manly Rd 6

Blair

Coach
I don't claim to know exactly what is going on in Johnson's head - if he is genuinely having psychological issues related to his leg (which is feasible - it was badly busted), I don't think that teaching him a lesson is going to help.

Before the ankle bust Johnson was hot and cold; at his worst erratic, puzzling, missing in action, unsure of the right option at the right time, definitely no leader, nor organiser.

What do you reckon? He debuted in 2011, it's 2016. He should be miles ahead of where he is. Look at Thurston tonight, 10-0 down at Penrith after 19 minutes, a rabid home crowd, but his team go into the break 12-10 ahead.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Yep - Johnson's a bit of a myth in the NRL - never been consistent, never...

McFadden is a legacy coach, yeah right...

The Kata decision was poor, but to focus on that is missing the point - and for the most part the Warriors organisation have been missing the point since 95 - it's about the grind, Manly (regardless it seems of talent etc) know how to grind, and that's why they own us

tonesy87

Juniors
what a joke of a game. Warriors were shit, referring was shit, commentary was shit......feel like I wasted my saturday night. Johnson needs to be dropped, hes shown no desire to do anything out there since coming back from injury, give him some time in NSW cup to try and find some form/motivation. move Lolohea into #6, at least he shows some heart and runs with determination

Penrose_11

Juniors
I'd bring in TL for Robson next week. Sure Robson had an improved game tonight but going from weak to nearly average is hardly worth praise. TL offers everything Robson does and a bit more. But what TL does do is run at the line. RTS and Luke both improving week to week and RTS looking pretty good and in nearly everything.

Where I think we're being let down is both Mannering and Hoffman are playing like plodders. Yes they tackle all day but the game has moved on from that. 2nd rowers need to be more dynamic than what they're offering. Will be interesting to see how Lane goes this weekend?

Hurrell is no good to us off bench. Centre or nothing!!

And.....Cappy has to go. Our game plan is zero. Look at Manly. They started off with 3-4 in every tackle in the early sets and drove us many a meter backwards. Their halves played at speed and play the balls were quick getting us on the back foot. No wonder we were down 12-0 and took 37 minutes to score. Our bench is f**kd and he has favourites who won't be dropped. Oh I could go on!!!

Before the ankle bust Johnson was hot and cold; at his worst erratic, puzzling, missing in action, unsure of the right option at the right time, definitely no leader, nor organiser.

What do you reckon? He debuted in 2011, it's 2016. He should be miles ahead of where he is. Look at Thurston tonight, 10-0 down at Penrith after 19 minutes, a rabid home crowd, but his team go into the break 12-10 ahead.

Exactly this time last year we/they where all saying the same thing.
We really can only hold out hope for a nice run into the finals than consistency over the 26 rounds.

Penrose_11

Juniors
And on the refs....there seemed many, many points of contention but a couple decisions intrigued me. It's hard to tell when at game but I'm sure everyone has their own opinion. Manly loose carry or knock on in 1st half on our 40m. Trovoyvich stayed down and after skipper Lyon had a word to refs, the decision was reversed. I thought these type of high tackles couldn't b reversed by bunker etc. and on-field call stayed. Hoffman went nuts with. His 1st ref rant of many. Little did he know!!!!

Kata heldup in goal call was huge and possible game turner.

Manly certainly knew how to play to the refs and thats definitely top class in terms of professionalism. Warriors have a lot to learn.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Just got back from the game, the refs were awful, truly awful but honestly the warriors were worse than them even still.

Warriors suck because we think our best players are great players. They are not.

Mannering is pretty much a reserve grade footballer who is loved at the warriors. The odds of him ever breaking the line and running away for a try is about as good as Shaun Johnson playing two good games in a row. Will never happen in reality, if it ever does you will wake up and realize it was just a dream.

Our forwards are as scary as the labour party, no-one really thinks they can win any heated exchange.

150 game Jacob lillymud
Simon man-up-u-weak-f**kering
Ben Might - need-a-new-club-to-playatino
Issac Luke-warm-useless
Shaun better-on-the-playstation
Jeff robbing-the warriors-bank-accountson
Jonthan Write-me-another-check-please-warriors
Blake-signed-from-reserve-grade-saved-my-assfooryd
Roger to-late-to-go-back-to-the-roosters-sheck
Tui what-position-do-I-Play-from-herea
Thomas my-career-at-the-warriors-went-down-the-looeye
Konrad Hurrell-up-im-getting-cold-on-the-bench

I'd bring in TL for Robson next week. Sure Robson had an improved game tonight but going from weak to nearly average is hardly worth praise. TL offers everything Robson does and a bit more. But what TL does do is run at the line. RTS and Luke both improving week to week and RTS looking pretty good and in nearly everything.

Where I think we're being let down is both Mannering and Hoffman are playing like plodders. Yes they tackle all day but the game has moved on from that. 2nd rowers need to be more dynamic than what they're offering. Will be interesting to see how Lane goes this weekend?

Hurrell is no good to us off bench. Centre or nothing!!

And.....Cappy has to go. Our game plan is zero. Look at Manly. They started off with 3-4 in every tackle in the early sets and drove us many a meter backwards. Their halves played at speed and play the balls were quick getting us on the back foot. No wonder we were down 12-0 and took 37 minutes to score. Our bench is f**kd and he has favourites who won't be dropped. Oh I could go on!!!

TL lasted 15-20mins?
Can't see him pulling out 80mins till round 12?

You have summed up Hoff and Mannering, they where both good for penalties and errors tonight.
Missed Brodene and his angle running.

I can't call Cappy out on the shit served up out there tonight but on previous games it's not looking very hopeful. The bench plan seems to be very unconventional to be kind.

Last edited:

Iron Lion

Juniors
Luke was really bad tonight, no runs up the middle just set us up to be bashed at the line. And when players jog like mannering, its game over.

And on the refs....there seemed many, many points of contention but a couple decisions intrigued me. It's hard to tell when at game but I'm sure everyone has their own opinion. Manly loose carry or knock on in 1st half on our 40m. Trovoyvich stayed down and after skipper Lyon had a word to refs, the decision was reversed. I thought these type of high tackles couldn't b reversed by bunker etc. and on-field call stayed. Hoffman went nuts with. His 1st ref rant of many. Little did he know!!!!

Kata heldup in goal call was huge and possible game turner.

Manly certainly knew how to play to the refs and thats definitely top class in terms of professionalism. Warriors have a lot to learn.

The call on Kata was probably correct, ball touched the line, before getting into the field of play, but it's the principle of the ball was played and the bunker seemed to be the one making the call to bring it back.
It either happens every time or never (unless plays topped and asked for by ref).

Rich102

Staff member
Terrible!
Johnson had a bad injury last year but that isn't the reason he is playing so badly. That started way before the injury.
I have a real concern the club is going to announce that his contract has been extended by five years at $1M+ per year. That would do it for me - I would be looking for another club. Best thing that could happen to him is that he signed for the Mystics.
Cappy has to go. We were struggling to hold Manly and he pulls Gubb, who hadn't been on long, and replaces him with Leuluai. Real smart thinking. (not).
Robson had his best game for us. RTS is real week on defence.
I will try to forget that game as soon as possible.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Terrible!
Johnson had a bad injury last year but that isn't the reason he is playing so badly. That started way before the injury.
I have a real concern the club is going to announce that his contract has been extended by five years at $1M+ per year. That would do it for me - I would be looking for another club. Best thing that could happen to him is that he signed for the Mystics.
Cappy has to go. We were struggling to hold Manly and he pulls Gubb, who hadn't been on long, and replaces him with Leuluai. Real smart thinking. (not).
Robson had his best game for us. RTS is real week on defence.
I will try to forget that game as soon as possible.

Robson best game for us because he didn't run the ball?

2 runs for 9m

Iron Lion

Juniors
hahahahaah

I don't expect Shaun Johnson to carry the Warriors. I do expect Shaun Johnson to carry the football

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I didn't see much mention of the Trbojevic try and the disgraceful scenes at the ruck while he was off scoring. Did no one see much of it or just not think much of it?

Lisone is obviously a dumb kid and Gubb, well he's a meathead I'd happily see not play for us again. But for Issac Luke to stand there squaring off while the ball is live, we bought this guy as a leader did we not? I hadn't seen the replay until now and it made my blood boil.

Start being professional for f**k's sake. Or be amateur, and not get paid.

Latest posts