What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Panthers rd 10

BLN2

Juniors
Still think our kicking game is rubbish, going to be hard to compete with the decent sides if Green keeps kicking like a prop forward..

Liked our defense, and our attack in their half with ball in hand. Can't take too much out of that much really except confidence and something to build on.

Iafeta

Referee
It is rubbish. But Greens kicking game is usually his strength. I think he’s a bit lack lustre post injury. Once he finds his groove we will be ok there.

Iafeta

Referee
Note to Stephen, no Adam and you’ve won 2 on the trot

They say defence shows desire and the softness of the warriors tries show exactly where Penrith is right now

Yep his replacement goes well too. 10m a carry and a couple of times there last night be fair belted the toothless Panfa back to Whalan

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
As much as it's encouraging we're starting to win games - and the coach isn't picking Adam Blair - we have beaten the 11th, 14th, 15th and 16th placed sides. Classic trend of our under-performing years since 2011, beating bottom eight sides.

Luckily for us, our run from here is 12th, 1st, 14th, 16th, 9th, 12th. 5 out of 6 sides in the bottom eight that if we get things right and we stay fit, could carry momentum into a final 2 months where we play 8 top 8 sides in a row.

As much as it's encouraging we're starting to win games - and the coach isn't picking Adam Blair - we have beaten the 11th, 14th, 15th and 16th placed sides. Classic trend of our under-performing years since 2011, beating bottom eight sides.

Luckily for us, our run from here is 12th, 1st, 14th, 16th, 9th, 12th. 5 out of 6 sides in the bottom eight that if we get things right and we stay fit, could carry momentum into a final 2 months where we play 8 top 8 sides in a row.

Sounds like it will play perfectly into our Origin run up the ladder followed by the post Origin fall.

Matua

Bench
Wow, two wins in a row! Whoop whoop. The Panthers are poop though.

Herbert is class right? Wonder why it took them so long to get him in there.

Iafeta

Referee
Question. When DWZ and Derplyn Mondwards has their collision, To’o picks up the ball in an offside position and we get a penalty.

But, where the ball was there was 3 or 4 Warriors. So To’o being offside knows he has to pick it up because it’s a try otherwise.

Is that at the least not a professional foul? If not a penalty try? I know it’s 20m out but there’s no way Penrith are stopping that try without the offside pick up.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Question. When DWZ and Derplyn Mondwards has their collision, To’o picks up the ball in an offside position and we get a penalty.

But, where the ball was there was 3 or 4 Warriors. So To’o being offside knows he has to pick it up because it’s a try otherwise.

Is that at the least not a professional foul? If not a penalty try? I know it’s 20m out but there’s no way Penrith are stopping that try without the offside pick up.
Yeah interesting...

I wouldn't want a penalty try from that even though a try was on the cards for us (as weird as that sounds). It's just that it looks like a bit of a grey area and theres a few factors there.

A yellow card might be fair. The offside has to play at the ball though. If he leaves it and tries to tackle the attacker as he's getting it, the opposition called kick the ball or shovel it on etc..

Iafeta

Referee
I agree. I would feel bewildered if it was a penalty try. But on a technicality if he doesn’t do what he does the Warriors most likely score.

The sin bin wasn’t even really in discussion which to me is probably the right call on that play

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I think it's got to be basically right in the throes of a try being scored - ie over the line like the Storm penalty try in '99 GF, Hohaia in our prelim in 08 etc. Professional foul? I guess it's how intentional it was...in the sense that was it an impulsive act in the heat of the moment or did he have a few seconds to make the call.

Meth

Staff member
Cynical indiscretion inside of their 20? 10 in the bin.

I guess they thought he did it instinctively