What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Panthers

Micistm

Bench
I'm not sure these players realise how deeply we care about the Warriors.

I'm on my second bottle of wine (have already rumbled with the mrs, who has stomped off to bed, convinced that football comes before anything else) and these Warriors pricks, who will be 'partying in Penrith' (surely an oxymoron!) after a record loss, couldn't give two sh*ts that I, a fan, will be facing daggers on Sunday morning.

Add to this their guaranteed high salaries and the fact that I had to pull out of attending the game, realising at Katoomba train station that I couldn't afford the minimum $40 right now to go see the play.

My mate Noel, who works as a traffic controller on bugger all money, took his whole whanau. They were all decked out in Warriors gear. Proud Maoris.

Don't fight with the missus over it man, it ain't worth it, she don't deserve it, and the Warriors at this stage do not deserve the passionate support.

Humble pie and breakfast in bed in the morn for your missus you'll be sweet!;-)

As for the 'sack the coach' reaction- I feel for ME, who deserves better from his players

One Warrior

Bench
Well said.

For the Warriors to expect loyalty, they need to earn it.

I hope Elliott has banned any partying after the game and they have 6am recovery session outside on a frosty and dewy grass. Make them f@cking walk back to Sydney Airport as well.

Too bloody right, let them swim back across the f**king Tasman.

One Warrior

Bench
:lol:Tell you what Mate, normally when we're getting a hiding I sulk and turn it off, this was SO bad it was like a car crash you couldn't take your eyes off. One of those so bad you don't get mad ones, just a bit in shock and you actually laugh.
I must admit and amazing as it sounds I wanted the team zilched, I thought a last minute try we didn't deserve (despite Manu doing it single handed).

Yes I agree we didn't deserve a try, even though it was impressive by Manu.

http://bigpondvideo.com/video/546452/

Not sure if can be viewed in NZ? (post match conference)
ME could of sold a lot of guys out, but kept professional, would of been very tempting.
Mannering has nothing as a captain, I think it is time for him to step down, just not sure who has the passion to step up???

Blair

Coach
Both coach and captain are shell shocked (going from that interview). So any thoughts that the laughing, joking, post match jocularity was the norm of this outfit won't be the case in the harsh, cold, shuddering Penrith dawn.

Interestingly, Elliott wouldn't comment on a direct question about pulling Johnson, saying it's 'not about individuals and, if it is, then he'll start with himself'.

Mannering looked like a grey ghost who's time is up.

"Pink Panthers run riot over woeful Warriors."

Mike0070

Juniors
Jesus Mannering , show sum guts , sum emotion mate !!!! , I was hoping someone was going to ask them about the family reunion at the final whistle

Lost for words at mannerings response there , time to step down -,I hope no-one turns up for the knights game.:x

Blair

Coach
Jesus Mannering , show sum guts , sum emotion mate !!!! , I was hoping someone was going to ask them about the family reunion at the final whistle.

Lost for words at mannerings response there , time to step down...

That's just what I was thinking. He's not going back into the dressing room to tear a strip of these guys is he?

To the contrary, there's a tacky niteclub at Panthers Leagues, I bet a fair share of 'our' guys are rocking the dance floor. I'm almost tempted to jump in the car myself and give these guys a piece (but won't).

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
FMD!

As mentioned above like a car crash you couldn't take your eyes off. Why would anyone in their right mind want to cross the ditch and play in our team after we serve up shit like that?

Watching the tigers game last night I could only imagine how their fans felt. That x10 is how I feel right now.

Oh well back on the roller coaster for next week.

Blair

Coach
Everyone's probably on the way to the mean fiddler as we speak.

Actually, I hope they mess up and head to the Red Cow after that.

It's one of NSW's most violent pubs*.

*disclaimer. If one of our boys does get hurt tonight in Penrith then I didn't wish it to happen.

gUt

Coach
f_c7fe68786ebd.gif

Blair

Coach
Don't fight with the missus over it man, it ain't worth it, she don't deserve it, and the Warriors at this stage do not deserve the passionate support.

Humble pie and breakfast in bed in the morn for your missus you'll be sweet!;-)

As for the 'sack the coach' reaction- I feel for ME, who deserves better from his players

No worries man, it won't blow up into something irreconcilable. She'll be right in the morning (I hope) and the fact it's a really cold night should help my case when I finally ditch this forum and get to bed!

As we know, the fact women are more prone to the cold helps us blokes out no end. Our cat (Kiwi) has his limits in this regard, despite him being in there right now lying in my spot.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Well that's almost okay then...as long as its not for Jesus/God for letting me score but also letting us get butt humped.

Definitely for Sonny.

Hurrell blows kisses to his mum. I've never met his mum but I've never resented Konrad sending one off when he scores. Wish he had about twenty mothers....

Who else does funny stuff when they score? Doesn't Packer give ups to the Foxton Nomads?

Micistm

Bench
I think I speak for Warriors fans to say it's just embarrassing to be following this Club. Nothing ever changes, there's no pride or effort. TBH I don't know if an AAA coach would make the difference in long term, our mindset just seems lazy IMO