What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VS Sharks

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Pre game/ game day / post game talk.

Roosters http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/sea.../the_teams.php

1. Perrett
2. Roberts
3. M Aubs
4. Soliola
5. Grose :fist:
6. Anasta
7. Pearce
8. O'Meley
9. Friend
10. Shillington
11. Mason
12. Tupou
13. Fitzgibbon

14. L Paea
15. Myles
16. Sa
17. M Paea :fist:

Bloody Grose didn't get dropped!!:crazy: M Paea stays in for Cherrington :crazy: although I noticed Cherro hasn't been named in the U-20 side either so I think there will be a late inclusion. Shillo starts over Myles :?, atleast he and Sa are back. Good luck to Jake Friend playing the full 80 minutes I hope he plays well.

Geohood

Bench
M Paea I feel plays well but does he get many minutes? Always runs with passion which you can't say about Shillo.

A bench of L.Paea, M.Paea, Sa and Cherrington would be dynamite though with Myles starting.

STSAE

Juniors
If Freddy runs without 2 No 9s again, after the disaster of last week, I may seriously question if the great man hasnt been on the old wacky tobaccy again.:crazy:

Grose again.:sarcasm: I gather that shuts the door on Foley once and for all.

No Cherro???:crazy:

I shouldnt be shocked, we are playing the taddies. The coaching mind games have started again methinks.

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
You may be right there I think. Freddy might just be trying to pull one over on his master :lol:. How good would that be if the apprentice Freddy schooled the teacher Sticky. Although I think Sticky has been around too long to fall for a false selection trick like that.

STSAE

Juniors
You may be right there I think. Freddy might just be trying to pull one over on his master :lol:. How good would that be if the apprentice Freddy schooled the teacher Sticky. Although I think Sticky has been around too long to fall for a false selection trick like that.

Freddys already 1-0 up from last year isnt he????

pRicky will be bunkered down all week with the seige mentality brewing and the paranoia flowing. Freddy will be eating muffins.

Lets hope both teams play accordingly. The taddies panic and lose the plot and we play it cool and beat their arses.;-)

Monk

Referee
at least sa is there, if the worst haooens to friend we can just put sa in at 9.

team selection is much better then last week, if mason doesnt put in a good performance this week i hope he gets dropped!

STSAE

Juniors
at least sa is there, if the worst haooens to friend we can just put sa in at 9.

team selection is much better then last week, if mason doesnt put in a good performance this week i hope he gets dropped!

Sa is a waste at 9. He isnt explosive and nippy or a workhorse in defence, he works better with a little space, his footworks so deceptive on the fringes. It would make more sense to revert to what worked for most of the season and use Brown early and Jaubs/Friend for impact later. Thats just my opinion though.

Mason was at lock last week, infact I dont recall him playing worse than anyone else. I reckon he will benifit more than anyone with Myles, Sa and Fitzy back. It means he can be used for impact, what hes best at, not for workrate. Since Origin weve played Mason too many minutes, blunting his impact. I dont think hes been bad, just not playing how hes best suited. Becos of injuries and suspension I guess Freddy had little choice. Again just my opinion.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Sa is a waste at 9. He isnt explosive and nippy or a workhorse in defence, he works better with a little space, his footworks so deceptive on the fringes. It would make more sense to revert to what worked for most of the season and use Brown early and Jaubs/Friend for impact later. Thats just my opinion though.

Mason was at lock last week, infact I dont recall him playing worse than anyone else. I reckon he will benifit more than anyone with Myles, Sa and Fitzy back. It means he can be used for impact, what hes best at, not for workrate. Since Origin weve played Mason too many minutes, blunting his impact. I dont think hes been bad, just not playing how hes best suited. Becos of injuries and suspension I guess Freddy had little choice. Again just my opinion.

Great point. I didn't actually think about that when judging his poor performances the last month. I've always known he has been an impact player who plays best on the flanks, but I didn't think that he would be effected by less quality around him.

STSAE

Juniors
Great point. I didn't actually think about that when judging his poor performances the last month. I've always known he has been an impact player who plays best on the flanks, but I didn't think that he would be effected by less quality around him.

I havent checked the stats but from observation Mason has been playing more minutes since Origin than he probably has all year. I reckon hes been used alot up the middle instead of on the fringes in the same period. I actually think hes putting in, just maybe too much for the type of player he is.

To me he is and always was an impact player. Our best period was early in the year and Masons best footy was also early in the year. Coincidently he was starting from the bench alot in the same period.

Myles and Sa and Fitzy are all basically 80 min players, offering different things. Myles sustained agression, Sa freakish hands and feet, Fitz well pure workrate. Thats alot missing from any pack at one time. And it means O'Meley and Mason have to take alot of that slack when theyre not there. Which must lessen their contributions directed to what their best at.

Shame is Toops and Pillow too often are inconsistent and in my opinion often fail to put in that bit extra when others are out. Toops was very good last week, shame its been so ;long since the last time I recall him doing that.

Cherros been the shining light, thats why im shocked he wasnt named. Is he injured maybe????

HDWicked

Juniors
I would love to see Sa in starting side... i think he is a "Gamebreaker" and could do some damage,,, especially against a Sharks side whos Centres are great defenders.... Also hoping that J. Aubs is a late inclusion as well as Cherrington!

D

Deleted member 10972

I havent checked the stats but from observation Mason has been playing more minutes since Origin than he probably has all year. I reckon hes been used alot up the middle instead of on the fringes in the same period. I actually think hes putting in, just maybe too much for the type of player he is.

To me he is and always was an impact player. Our best period was early in the year and Masons best footy was also early in the year. Coincidently he was starting from the bench alot in the same period.

Myles and Sa and Fitzy are all basically 80 min players, offering different things. Myles sustained agression, Sa freakish hands and feet, Fitz well pure workrate. Thats alot missing from any pack at one time. And it means O'Meley and Mason have to take alot of that slack when theyre not there. Which must lessen their contributions directed to what their best at.

Shame is Toops and Pillow too often are inconsistent and in my opinion often fail to put in that bit extra when others are out. Toops was very good last week, shame its been so ;long since the last time I recall him doing that.

Cherros been the shining light, thats why im shocked he wasnt named. Is he injured maybe????

That should be our starting backrow IMO...the skillful, mobile ballplayer. The hard-hitting mongrel. The toiling, tackling lock. Have Brown/Friend starting at hooker, O'Meley & Shillo starting up front as a solid prop combo, and a high impact bench of Jorbs, Tupou, Mason, L Paea.

HDWicked

Juniors
Yeah i think Mase should be standing in Centres and running off Pearce or Braith, Cherro and Sa would also do some damage both great footwork and can both offload really well,,, i just hope Cherro is locked into long term deal as well as Sa

If Freddy runs without 2 No 9s again, after the disaster of last week, I may seriously question if the great man hasnt been on the old wacky tobaccy again.:crazy:

Grose again.:sarcasm: I gather that shuts the door on Foley once and for all.

No Cherro???

I shouldnt be shocked, we are playing the taddies. The coaching mind games have started again methinks.

Jnr Jnr will play 9, as was predicted by myself mid season, freddy is a smart man.

Friend will fill in the gaps.

Im desiging a Ben Jones for 7 banner as we speak

RoostarGirl

Juniors

Hey Monk completely off the subject but i love that pic in your signature....awesome :)

STSAE

Juniors
That should be our starting backrow IMO...the skillful, mobile ballplayer. The hard-hitting mongrel. The toiling, tackling lock. Have Brown/Friend starting at hooker, O'Meley & Shillo starting up front as a solid prop combo, and a high impact bench of Jorbs, Tupou, Mason, L Paea.

Im with The Macks Pack.

Latest posts