What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs St George/Illawarra,Sydney Cricket Ground - Sat 18th July

Rabbits20

Immortal
Solid effort, Souths took a couple of wrong options I thought, it was always going to be a tight game in those conditions, special mention goes to Tim Grant.

Did the ref even out the penalties in the second half?

We won the penalties 7-5.

But they were 5-1 to us.

On the radio they said a couple of the penalties St George got were milked and shouldn't have been penalties.

Disciplined footy from teams looks ildisciplined when the refs square it up just for the sake of it.

Overall tonight the refs were good.

alien

Referee
11703221_10153115359241379_9123680836409998928_n.jpg

hurricane57

Juniors
We won the penalties 7-5.

But they were 5-1 to us.

On the radio they said a couple of the penalties St George got were milked and shouldn't have been penalties.

Disciplined footy from teams looks ildisciplined when the refs square it up just for the sake of it.

Overall tonight the refs were good.

My wife's a Saints supporter and the penalties were 5 to 1 to Souths in the first 25 minutes.

I told my wife 'Souths won't get another penalty till after Saints take the lead in the penalty count - Souths took the lead late in the second half when Inglis made that break from his in goal, down the side line, the stupid bald headed nong wouldn't let Inglis play the ball.

Referees are so predictable.

Did any body watch the Cronulla/Raiders game - what a farce this Rugby League has become. Why would any body pay to watch it.

doyen

Bench
A tough match in wet weather and a very good result.

GI was brilliant and I'll forgive him for that bombed try in the first half.

Walker and Goodwin were good.

Shame that Gray is struggling with his knee and McInnes injured himself.

Well done to the forwards except McQueen who didn't get involved much and Grevsmuhl was disappointing knocking the ball on a couple of times at important times in the match.

We are still not at our best but the 2 points is great and our defence was a lot better.

At 12-8 with 9mins left it looked like GI would be tackled in goal and we'd have a drop out but he beat 5 of them somehow and ran 20metres down field and got the penalty.

Reynolds stepped up in the last 8mins with brilliant play. What great tries from Reynolds and the Keary one as well.

Adam has the second best short kicking game in the comp behind Thurston.

Sths are a so much more complete side with GI.

His presence,& of course,massive ability, is a must for our success.

It's almost like having 3 or 4 extra players in the side.

People say he needs to be involved more!!He is almost always there when he's needed the most.What a security blanket he is!!!
His ability to read the game is uncanny.

Also,our halves pairing of Keary & Reynolds is so important--Keary especially.

Keary is putting so much doubt into the opposition with his running game.

Last night was a solid performance.I think we can get better from now on in.

Rabbits20

Immortal
My wife's a Saints supporter and the penalties were 5 to 1 to Souths in the first 25 minutes.

I told my wife 'Souths won't get another penalty till after Saints take the lead in the penalty count - Souths took the lead late in the second half when Inglis made that break from his in goal, down the side line, the stupid bald headed nong wouldn't let Inglis play the ball.

Referees are so predictable.

Did any body watch the Cronulla/Raiders game - what a farce this Rugby League has become. Why would any body pay to watch it.

Yep referees are so predictable I knew he'd square it up.

I didn't see the Sharks v Raiders but I heard their was lots of bad calls.

hurricane57

Juniors
Why is it that Alex Johnston , so often, is in the wrong place, when the opposition attacks the Souths try line? Twice last night, Hunt (former Souths signing from Qld cup) made him look stupid, first occasion, try disallowed, on the second occasion scoring an easy try.
Twice, Johnston rushed up and in.
I am surprised so many people rave about Johnston.

Good to see A Reynolds getting back some form. I do think he has not been 100% but last nights game shows that he is easing back into the side and beginning to pick up were he left off - great to see.

We really need Inglis at the back controlling things don't we. What a game, what a footballer.

I was relieved to see Sutton run on and play left edge, he's a great footballer and he carved them up a couple of times.

McInnis tried really hard and was good in defense but he has a long way to go in steering the side around, hope he hurries up because he is next years option. When Sutton took over in the second half the team had a lot more direction and, with a lot less effort, they just wore Saints down. Sutton was just more fluid. McInnes missed a few gaping holes by taking the wrong attack option and took to long clearing the ruck from dummy half a couple of times, making the ball receiver easy targets. Hope he learns quick.

All the forwards were great, Tim Grant was ferocious but more game time please, Stewart was great, the Burgess boys hit the line with gusto.
It'll be good to have Isaac back next week? Does anybody think that there's trouble between Luke and Madge - Luke refuses to be a 'Madge' robot and Madge, although he doesn't like it - Luke is just to good to be dropped.

Good win to an hard working side.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Why is it that Alex Johnston , so often, is in the wrong place, when the opposition attacks the Souths try line? Twice last night, Hunt (former Souths signing from Qld cup) made him look stupid, first occasion, try disallowed, on the second occasion scoring an easy try.

Good to see A Reynolds getting back some form. I do think he has not been 100% but last nights game shows that he is easing back into the side and beginning to pick up were he left off - great to see.

We really need Inglis at the back controlling things don't we. What a game, what a footballer.

I was relieved to see Sutton run on and play left edge, he's a great footballer and he carved them up a couple of times.

McInnis tried really hard and was good in defense but he has a long way to go in steering the side around, hope he hurries up because he is next years option. When Sutton took over in the second half the team had a lot more direction and, with a lot less effort, they just wore Saints down. Sutton was just more fluid. McInnes missed a few gaping holes by taking the wrong attack option and took to long clearing the ruck from dummy half a couple of times, making the ball receiver easy targets. Hope he learns quick.

All the forwards were great, Tim Grant was ferocious but more game time please, Stewart was great, the Burgess boys hit the line with gusto.
It'll be good to have Isaac back next week? Does anybody think that there's trouble between Luke and Madge - Luke refuses to be a 'Madge' robot and Madge, although he doesn't like it - Luke is just to good to be dropped.

Agreed with everything although I think you'll find it was Walker who rushed up and left the gap for Hunt to score the second time he got over.

Would like to see Grant get more game time definitely.

Sutton looked fine despite his injury and I gotta give it to him for being tough as nails.

Im sure McInnes will learn soon he's barely played 20 first grade games.

hurricane57

Juniors
Agreed with everything although I think you'll find it was Walker who rushed up and left the gap for Hunt to score the second time he got over.

Would like to see Grant get more game time definitely.

Sutton looked fine despite his injury and I gotta give it to him for being tough as nails.

Im sure McInnes will learn soon he's barely played 20 first grade games.

How many games do you reckon McInnes has played in his life?

alien

Referee
it was a good win which has the rabbitohs in the top 4 now. there is still auva'a and maybe turner to come back into the side too!

Rabbits20

Immortal
it was a good win which has the rabbitohs in the top 4 now. there is still auva'a and maybe turner to come back into the side too!

Yep. Warriors were thumped which is great and it dented their for and against!

I expect Auva'a and Turner to be back in the team at some stage.

southsport

First Grade
Photo number 4 is my favourite Newc.

GI brushing off Benji:):)

In photo 3 it seems Stewart has a crapload of mud all down his right arm!

Gifty does the tough dirty work:cool::cool:

Stewart was interviewed on last night's news, it looks as though he has settled in and is quite happy at Souths.

to_ddeath

Coach

Wouldn't say a good win, more or less an adequate victory.
You got the result when it came to the crunch, we were very very ordinary & had multiple chances to attack Grays side yet only bothered the once in the 2nd half & scored a try. Our attack has been sh@thouse since the last 20 minutes of the Dogs game & hasn't recovered. The squad appears busted, tired & physically drained for the most part. Only Ah Mau & Cooper were bending your defensive line back at any stage.
Well done but don't get too excited about it, you had substandard & clueless opposition.

T.

hurricane57

Juniors
Wouldn't say a good win, more or less an adequate victory.
You got the result when it came to the crunch, we were very very ordinary & had multiple chances to attack Grays side yet only bothered the once in the 2nd half & scored a try. Our attack has been sh@thouse since the last 20 minutes of the Dogs game & hasn't recovered. The squad appears busted, tired & physically drained for the most part. Only Ah Mau & Cooper were bending your defensive line back at any stage.
Well done but don't get too excited about it, you had substandard & clueless opposition.

T.

I think Saints have struggled to score points for quite a few seasons now. It seems to be an ongoing issue form you guys. Benji helped at first but he was like a flapping chicken against Souths, he just ran around doing silly things except that one good pass that led to your first try. Still think the big red v are pretenders - when will Saints open the purse strings and buy some quality players.

As for Souths, I'm excited.
Reynolds was 'in' the game for longer this game and had much more impact.
Inglis has no more bullshit SOO responsibilities.
Tim Grant 'may' have found his legs.

Most importantly, the wall of forward defense is coming back - that's always good.

Latest posts