What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Storm rd 19

sup42

Juniors
All year people have been questioning carrying a utility/hooker on the bench. We finally get 4 forwards on the bench and lose our hooker.

I'm sure Alanis Morrisette could make a song out of it.
had a laugh at the Ironic post...thanks for that....got the it stuck in my head now " I'ts like ray...eee ain......on your Wedding day..."

Now it is stuck in everyones.,,,,you're welcome.

Leber

Bench
I’m not sure what the supposed outrageous refereeing calls were.

Maybe a marginal high tackle by Smith, but Maumalo had already f**ked up trying to play the ball when he wasn’t tackled

The penalty against Blair was maybe marginal too but I just wish he would stop doing that shit, he is begging to be penalised
Yeah... NOT marginal.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
For the me the whole game hinged on Luke. The second be left the field we look rudderless and pedestrian. I don't think I realised until today how much he steers us around. At the end of the game we got our chances but nobody knew what to do.

Bad time to lose him when we’re already down Green.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I’m not sure what the supposed outrageous refereeing calls were.

Maybe a marginal high tackle by Smith, but Maumalo had already f**ked up trying to play the ball when he wasn’t tackled

The penalty against Blair was maybe marginal too but I just wish he would stop doing that shit, he is begging to be penalised
Both stuff ups were crucial from Ken IMO. Be it a questionable refs call, it really doesn't matter because in the end, he stuffed up when we needed to complete that set. The other stuff up was losing out in the air to Vunivalu.

All Ken does is hit it up as many times as he can and whilst its good yards, its expected of a guy his size. I praised it at first, but now I expect him to do that. Praising his same old weekly hit ups now would be praising mediocrity and forgetting about his ability to finish which he CLEARLY struggles in. 56 games and only 14 tries.

He never beat Vunivalu once. Not once. "Oh but he does amazing hit ups, we never seen that before, lets give him some points for that...forget he's slow, cant defuse bombs, cant score tries at the rate other wingers do...his hit ups man wow we...sooo good"

JJ

Immortal
He plays outside a centre that's incredibly selfish and hasn't learned to pass

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
He plays outside a centre that's incredibly selfish and hasn't learned to pass
I know that. But tonight Kata gave him some ball and Vunivalu tackled him like he was tackling his 5 year old.

In saying all this about Ken - I think he is the 2nd best we have as a winger in the club. The other being Fus of course so whilst Im not at all happy with Ken, he has improved and basically there is no-one else really.

Blocker can kiss off with mannering comment.

54m by Storm first set.

54m by Warriors first set.

2nd set and Chambers scores.

Hughes throws a no look pass to Chambers.

Kata planted his feet in defense and missed him cold. Gavet lazy from inside.

RTS tried a strip instead of a tackle.

0-4

Hoffman loses the ball. SJ had hands on ball before the ball came out, but not a stripping action.

K bromage in tackle to long.

Penalised.

Munster shut down RTS who probably should have passed for a try.

Fus flies through the air and catches ball in both hand and both hands and dumbs in back for Beale to score.

6-4

Mannering passes to ground, SJ quick to it, Beale nice offload to Fus, tidied up lucky there.

Hoff lying in ruck area, Fus playing fast and Hoff knocks ball retreating we get a penalty out of it.

Lino kicks early and traps Scott in goal.

Mannering threw a hard ball into Luke, somehow ref saw it touch a Storm player before Luke knocked it back to Papalli. No touch on replay.

Gavet great hands on a Smith cross kick for Slater.

Seem to be having success down the right side. Just need to get the ball their quicker.

Ball off Smith's chest not played at somehow??? Just because he puts his hands out.

Blair penalised for a flop?

Smith didn't knock on a ball that clean bowled him at dummy half.

Scott loses ball in tackle

Beale held around the neck and gets penalty.

RTS ball passed to ground behind Kata and Maumalo.

Vuni loses ball into Maulmalo knee playing the ball but called as interfering in ruck.

Blocker talking shit. How great Slater is not to pass with a 2 man overlap.
Then throws the ball 2m forward and out next play. Haha

No one at dummy half and Storm allowed to actually get to ball first from marker.
Dont think ive ever seen that let go.

Slater strip Kata which went forward but not called forced toward sideline and then lost if forward getting rid of it.

Jazz got a penalty, Storm to long in tackle.

Low hit near Bunties knees let go.

Quick hands down our right, Beale pass went to ground and Fus knocks it on.

Penalty for markers not square followed, letting Storm off.

Storm Welch held up over line on last tackle.

Running it on last after kick pressure, Lino knocks on last pass but called back for a suspect forward pass.

Munster allowed to pass when tackle looked like a held situation similar to what Papalli got called back for.

Vuni scores off a bomb, beat Maumalo to jump and just had to push off Kata to score in corner. Just on half time.

6-8

Great defensive set forced Storm into a bad kick that went out on halfway.

Storm penalised after held called on SJ forced him to ground and replay shows ball really was lost in tackle, but held already called.

These fast passes aren't working and going to ground. Lucky to get ball back there and tackle count restarted after Vuni touch.

Kata cant help but reach out, goes upstairs no try. His elbow touched the ground and couldn't help himself. Costly.

Melbourne force a dropout. And we did the short one again and get it back by a bat back by Maumalo then a penalty as RTS tried to play it fast.

Maumalo runs over top of Hughes and runs 30m. Smith chopped him with a swinging arm high. Ken went to play the ball thinking tackle, apparently not complete/held and that constitutes a knock on.

Kaffusi earns penalty as we kept going on with it after held.

Thank God for Hoffman, knocking on next play.

Jazz offside from kick and made the tackle.
Bad bad discipline there.

Luke off. (Shoulder?)

Smith forces a line dropout.

Short one tried again and goes out on full and penalty in front.

Execution costly there.

Storm take the 2.

6-10

Papalli caught with ball on last.

Execution falling apart here.

Adocar allowed to run behind player.

Storm getting the rub with the 50/50s.

Jazz throws offload ball into Mannering, who firstly gets called to knock on, but same as Smith not playing at ball, then turned to penalty as Jazz regathers ball in offside position.

Billy plays the ball badly and pinged for it in a rush in the line. Great tackle by RTS

Could have gone against us.

Smith had a crack for 40/20, but it was 40/25.

Why is the scrum on the 20m line?

Lots of passes going to ground today.

Chambers rushes up and knocks it on so tackle restarted.

Lino knocks on at dummy half. Need point or to build pressure there. On replay ball never went forward, went between his legs backwards.

Smith never at first marker gets to tackle Jazz, he was only marker.

Hughes gets on outside of Lino try near certain but Vuna knocks it on with try line open, Slater livered on inside.

Hold the phone, Blair gets someone fractionally late 30m back and it's called back. WTF. Storm penalty. How long is that advantage???

Simon offside,

Storm take the 2

6-12

Penalties 2-7 hmmmmmm.

Passi gets the loses ball off the short kickoff.

No shape on attack.

Melbourne just keep a straight line.

Fus bumped off chasing bomb by Munster and no penalty.

Duck me. We dont want guys selling it, but need to sell it to get penalty.

Refs give us a sympathy penalty with 30secs left.

Touches ref.

Instant time off and scrum to attack team.

Nope just let go for Smith to dive on.

Game over.

Last edited:

JoeD

First Grade
My biggest gripe with the refs is the fact they went back to review a marginal late tackle by Blair but didn’t go back to review a pretty obvious swinging arm to the face of maumalo. I thought they weren’t allowed to change a decision upon review unless it was an ‘on report’ offence?

Diesel

Referee
We hung with the Storm throughout the match missing Pulu, Green and Harris off the starting side and Luke during the game. It’s not all doom and gloom, the Storm are just clinical

JoeD

First Grade
Was at the game so didn’t hear anything about Luke. If he was injured why was he on the exercise bike after he came off?

My biggest gripe with the refs is the fact they went back to review a marginal late tackle by Blair but didn’t go back to review a pretty obvious swinging arm to the face of maumalo. I thought they weren’t allowed to change a decision upon review unless it was an ‘on report’ offence?
Bingo.

I know they are human, but its consistancy that is wanted.
They had ran 30m and would have scored in Vuni didnt knock on.

Smith throws his arms out and ball hits chest not played at.
Mannering similar, whistle blown as knock on (changed to correct call of Jazz offside).

SJ "stripped" ball was called held, so while not stripped they worked him to ground after the held call.
We got pinged for that later.

We didn't execute well enough to win.
One of those games you feel that if Green there and Luke on the field the whole game we could have won it.
But that's sport.

Was at the game so didn’t hear anything about Luke. If he was injured why was he on the exercise bike after he came off?
He came out of a tackle holding/shaking his shoulder.
I suspect they wanted to keep him warm in case it came good?
Or it was for his numbers to keep the weight off. :)

We hung with the Storm throughout the match missing Pulu, Green and Harris off the starting side and Luke during the game. It’s not all doom and gloom, the Storm are just clinical
Agree better result than expected.
Just have to keep the cattle on the paddock.
Different game with Green there at least.

Blair

Coach
In general an enormous improvement on our last encounter with the Storm.

Let's get our full team on the park, for the first time this year, and give the rest of the season the finale it deserves.

In general an enormous improvement on our last encounter with the Storm.

Let's get our full team on the park, for the first time this year, and give the rest of the season the finale it deserves.
Depends how bad Greens ribs are?
Luke has a calf issue, or shoulder as I thought.
Harris could be back end 20-22.
Pulu due back rd 20.

BLN2

Juniors
All year people have been questioning carrying a utility/hooker on the bench. We finally get 4 forwards on the bench and lose our hooker.

I'm sure Alanis Morrisette could make a song out of it.

Hiku was meant to be there if Kearney had his way.. Don't know why Vuna is on the bench?

Basically once Luke was gone and Tevaga went to hooker, we lost complete control. We looked rubbish. SJ was trying to run the show, but the amount of terrible passing, guys standing around, no timing or options. Too many dumb plays. Simon got the ball waaaay too much, not sure why. He can't pass!

Defense was OK, the 2 tries were soft though.

Lawton should come in for Luke, and I just bloody hope Green is back. Lino was invisible yesterday. Pulu played NSW Cup, hopefully he'll come on the bench for Vuna.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I thought Katas was a try? His movement never stopped, it was very fluid

How Cam Smith got away with that hit on Maumolo and for us to have been deemed to knock it on! I'll never know

That said, They were more clinical than us and got the cookies.

Latest posts