What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Tigers Rd 21 2024

nswarrior

Juniors
I recall he was a redhot Blues prospect in April, then he went down with an injury for a few weeks or so. He didn't come back anywhere near as good.
Yeah - Egan and the team peak at round five where I think we won 3 in a row after a couple of close and unlucky losses. We have played very poorly ever since apart from a false dawn where we won 2 or 3 in a row again including the cowboys

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Is there any thought that Egan is a fair-weather footballer, and I mean that in a physical sense (not mental). He was great when the grounds were running fast in March/April, but seemed to lose the spark and the ability to run through winter. Injuries maybe? Our form? He needs to be running and exposing defenses to be effective, because as great as he is and as much effort as he puts in on D, he's regularly dominated by big ball-runners.

Is there any thought that Egan is a fair-weather footballer, and I mean that in a physical sense (not mental). He was great when the grounds were running fast in March/April, but seemed to lose the spark and the ability to run through winter. Injuries maybe? Our form? He needs to be running and exposing defenses to be effective, because as great as he is and as much effort as he puts in on D, he's regularly dominated by big ball-runners.
Roache should get a crack once he gets a cup game or two in.

Big Marn

Bench
with the Eels missing Moses, Paulo, Hopgood, Sivo and Simonnson, i feel like SJ should have a run in the NSW cup to get an idea on his progress and give TMM one more chance.

Reactions: Izz

JJ

Immortal
I’m not sure about that. His form is down and injuries seem key there. What I conclude is that him playing well is a vital component of us being a good team, as important as anyone atm

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
This was actually mentioned a few months back on the levels podcast, the wet tracks negate his strengths and he doesn’t have the impact getting out of dummy half

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
This was actually mentioned a few months back on the levels podcast, the wet tracks negate his strengths and he doesn’t have the impact getting out of dummy half
This feels good to have my armchair, base-level league insights backed up by people who have played the game. Interesting, though - are we then to say that most dummy halves put away their running game in winter, or is Egan an outlier?

That's a little bit problematic when your home ground is Mt Smart. I suppose if you're a glass half full sort of guy, you'd think he'd be cherry ripe in September to make an impact.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I’m not sure about that. His form is down and injuries seem key there. What I conclude is that him playing well is a vital component of us being a good team, as important as anyone atm
Absolutely it's a vital component. I just don't see him running, which is why we love him so much when he starts scooting out of dummy half and also the ball skills he has. We know he'd be one of the lesser defensive No.9s in the comp (although yes, he does give it his all) so he really needs to be providing an attacking spark to be an asset.

Latest posts