What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Titans Rd20

i'd be looking at taking Kata out and putting Hiku or Ashyford there instead. The problem with Kata is he basically means we have no attacking winger on that side, because Kata cannot pass or setup his outside man. He does some good runs but he completely nullifies any threat from our winger out there. Surely we cannot carry that for much longer. I remmeber a season ago where Ashyford (i think?) was inside Maumalo and he scored a couple of doubles in the two games... T
No to Hiku.
Kata safe for sure.
Probably to late in the season to change now without injury forcing it.
Kata and Maumalo our barge machines.
Fus our skillful wing.

Fus was off today.

To you twats who think Blair is wasted space, look at our forward defense when he isn't there. What a pack of passengers.

Knew this would happen. Warriors of old.

Lisone should never be given a jumper again. Gavet is mud.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Blair was there for Storm hiding, Panthers carve up was he not?

Reactions: JJ

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I dont understand a lot of 'loves' for some of these players that are getting them. Ive red praises on here for guys like Tevaga and Vuna and they aint anything special, or more to the point, game-breakers. They're just average, even Papaliis average.

Rich102

Staff member
Why was Mannering taken off early?
Why was Tevaga starting at hooker?
Why am I bothering?

As for Johnson. Most of the Titans tries were scored down their left side. Like most other games. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
To you twats who think Blair is wasted space, look at our forward defense when he isn't there. What a pack of passengers.

Knew this would happen. Warriors of old.

Lisone should never be given a jumper again. Gavet is mud.

Our attitude was the thing that stunk today, right across the park. Blair is an OK defender but it's not the end of the world when he's not there - as someone else said we've been given lots of hidings with him in the side.

Totally agree on Lisone. He is SHITHOUSE. And Gavet is having an awful year, I had a sneaking feeling he wouldn't be able to back up last year mentally. Fox Stats says none of our guys made 100m in the pack, 5 of theirs did. Luke playing, and Ken's usual metreage papers over the cracks of how rubbish our forwards - Paasi apart - are at making metres.

JJ

Immortal
Blair is shit laughable to suggest he's the reason. He's been there for the other poundings, Luke is important but it's the same mental shit

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
i'd be looking at taking Kata out and putting Hiku or Ashyford there instead. The problem with Kata is he basically means we have no attacking winger on that side, because Kata cannot pass or setup his outside man. He does some good runs but he completely nullifies any threat from our winger out there. Surely we cannot carry that for much longer. I remmeber a season ago where Ashyford (i think?) was inside Maumalo and he scored a couple of doubles in the two games... T

For the same reason, I'm not convinced on Beale either, Fusitua is one of the most dangerous players the Warriors have, and he is rendered useless out on that wing because Beale has zero ability on setting up and distributing to a winger

Fusitua centre Beale wing may work better, they have to find a way to get Fus involved again

JJ

Immortal
Kata is a shit centre, so are Beale and Hiku

Think Beaver is right Fus should probably be there, and Ayshford although I'm not sure how he's been going

Don't buy the whole Fus is so good on the wing, he'll get the ball more at centre

None of this will happen though

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Kata is a shit centre, so are Beale and Hiku

Think Beaver is right Fus should probably be there, and Ayshford although I'm not sure how he's been going

Don't buy the whole Fus is so good on the wing, he'll get the ball more at centre

None of this will happen though
Seen him at center plenty of times and he went quiet. Fus the FINISHER, because lets face it, thats why hes up there. Because of how he sets up tries? pfft lol ahh NO. Fus is up there as a top try scorer. Needs Aysh IMO.

I'd persist with Beale/Fus. Just intill Harris comes back and we'll see what happens with a Harris/Beale/Fus combo then...

JJ

Immortal
Seen him at center plenty of times and he went quiet. Fus the FINISHER, because lets face it, thats why hes up there. Because of how he sets up tries? pfft lol ahh NO. Fus is up there as a top try scorer. Needs Aysh IMO.

I'd persist with Beale/Fus. Just intill Harris comes back and we'll see what happens with a Harris/Beale/Fus combo then...
Understand he's good on the wing just don't buy that he can't play elsewhere and that that couldn't benefit the team

One Warrior

Bench
Pathetic, totally pathetic, Kearney is right they were soft. Good job the Tigers and Raiders lost, Lisone needs to be dropped out of the club, I'd be happy not to see Tevanga again this season, Lawton should be 14. Kata to ISP, we have two great wingers who can't score try because the centres won't pass to them.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
The person missing from all our hidings and disappointment.
Tohu Harris.

Ah, someone who gets it...
The kudos for exciting, flash, off-your-seat plays rightfully go to the players that produce them, but the real work is done to give them that chance, on and off the ball.
What Harris brings to a team isn't always seen...organisation, leadership, setting the work ethic on the field, commitment in defence, confidence...
Not saying you'll win everything with him on the field but his consistently high standard sets a bar...
Kearney knows what Bellamy always knew, and I'd take a bet that most of his teammates know.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/97466877/craig-bellamy-praises-departing-kiwis-forward-tohu-harris-after-grand-final-display

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has praised departing Kiwis forward Tohu Harris following his performance in the NRL grand final.
Harris was instrumental as the Storm defeated the North Queensland Cowboys 34-6 in Sunday's grand final, and will now depart Melbourne for the Warriors in 2018.
"He's a real footballer," Bellamy said during his post-match press conference.
"He's a bit like Cameron (Smith) I suppose, he's not a gym junkie, he's not the fittest guy in the team, but he's a real footballer."

In the final, Harris played all but six minutes of the match, making 43 tackles and assisting on a try.
It concluded a stellar return from injury, and an impressive resume run up at the Storm

"Towards the end of the year, we knew if we had T (Harris) back in the side, we were going to be a little bit better side for that," Bellamy said of getting Harris back from injury.
"We gave him plenty of time to get his shoulder right, he's been really good for us the last five or six games that he's played."

Latest posts