What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vulcans team vs Magpies

Lossy

Juniors
From the Vulcan's website:

Auckland Vulcans v Western Suburb Magpies
Saturday 23rd April
Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney, NSW
Kickoff 3.00pm

1 Johnny Aranga
2 Willy Peace
3 Shaun Metcalf
4 Atelea Nafetalai
5 Kevin Locke
6 Shaun Johnson
7 Pita Godinet
8 Mataupu Poching
9 Darin Kingi
10 Jeremy Latimore
11 Matt Robinson
12 Anthony Gelling
13 Isaac John

14 Willy Heta
15 Sione Lousi
16 Saulala Houma
17 Kitiona Pasene
18 Nuivoa Taka

Coach Ritchie Blackmore
Asst Coach Jason Lowrie
Manager Mick Lacey

ByRd

First Grade
Guys just a question (for fantasy purposes lol) do you think Elijah Taylor is going to be in the top grade for the remainder of the season??

hitman82

Bench
Guys just a question (for fantasy purposes lol) do you think Elijah Taylor is going to be in the top grade for the remainder of the season??

There's no injured player who would replace him if available, so it's pretty safe to say Elijah's here to stay.

Cleary loves defensive second rowers. Though I rate Taylor really highly.

Izz

Bench
Taylor has potential to be more than just defensive, too, if he's allowed to play the way he did for the U20s.

hitman82

Bench
Taylor has potential to be more than just defensive, too, if he's allowed to play the way he did for the U20s.
Very true. Taylor has massive potential all round. I just meant he makes a truckload of tackles; IE 37 to Luck's 40 last week, with more of them 1 on 1.
His stats have improved with every start, and he appears to have a very smart attacking brain. Mind you he can also play hooker, centre and halves...
Also surprisingly strong for what I'd consider a pretty small player.

Lousi and Latimore in there. Moon and Seymour not.

Would suggest that Lillyman is back, but maybe Ta'ai still out? Seymour into the halves and Mateo to second row?

Judd

Juniors
I like Taylor's attitude...shows a lot of promise to take over the lock position in future with his obvious defensive qualities and offers more on attack than Luck.

worier

Juniors

For now yes but you should take into account that both Mannering and Brown are stop gap centres, they will be back in the back row well I could almost guarantee Mannering will. Than one of the back rowers will have to make way no guess who that i'll be. You may also find that Taylor may find him self in the centres at some point which will mean less tackles hence a cruddy score.

But yeah you his spot is safe for the next few weeks at least that should be enough time to make some money out of him.

Last edited:

Warmess

Juniors
^ Yeah, I agree.

Admittedly I've only seen their one televised game, but I thought that the only two average looking players out there were Metcalf and Seymour, and it's pretty hard to look average in a 50 point smash up.

Rich102

Staff member
Well Seymours back. Based on average it should see Metcalf elevated soon.