What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Vlad59

Juniors
Looks like we are on the moron express bright and early this morning. How many ‘I hate Perth’ posts will emerge see today!

reanimate

Bench
Perth aren't in a position to dictate terms. Neither are there Bears.

If Vlandys want the Perth Bears, it will be the Perth Bears.

If Vlandys doesn't want to give the Perth Whatevers a team because a new franchise is too risky, then there's no Perth team.

And if Perth are too stubborn, it wouldn't surprise me if we end up with the New Zealand Bears instead.
Why wouldn’t Perth be in more of a position to dictate terms? If the WA Government and/or the Cumins consortium is providing funding and support to the new team, they definitely have cards to play.

Iamback

Coach
Why wouldn’t Perth be in more of a position to dictate terms? If the WA Government and/or the Cumins consortium is providing funding and support to the new team, they definitely have cards to play.

They no doubt have the upper hand but IF the issues are doubt over the pathways etc.

Then funding can only do so much particularly with working in the confines of a salary cap and no draft.

Even a draft still doesn't ensure the players stay past their 1st contract

The aim would be eventually to have that in place but to start in 3 years?

Using the 3500 player numbers as a reference point. Victoria has more but has only had a handful of Victorians debut.

So again for me. It is up to the Perth bid team to convince the NRL that they can go it alone

Iamback

Coach
You're doing my job, but your only targeting Iamback, did he sleep with your favourite Cousin-Aunty-Sister?

Because unlike 90% of the people here, I ask questions.

Questions which said drunk has no answer for, So said drunk acts like a dick instead