What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
How did the meeting go yesterday?
* $30m bid licence has been raised but it’s now pushed up to $50-$60m. Western Bears working on securing further money for it.

* PVL statements aimed at WA Government. They crowed off too early with 2027 at the Phins vs. Roosters game. Now that’s being used as leverage to get more cash out of them.

* Western Bears business model is conservative. It seemingly needs to be more risk for more reward. Conservative won’t cut it. More investment is required and the promise of further investment as documented in bid needs to be translated into guarantees.

* Clear pathway shown. All parties working on achieving said goals.

* 2027 entry could be pushed out to 2028/2029 if Western Bears cannot resolve the issues stated by PVL in a timely (quickly as possible) manner. PVL and ARLC want it to work though and are said to be big fans of this to come to fruition.

* Ball squarely in Western Bears and WA Government court now. Movement on acquiring required additional funds and investment already in progress.

That’s all I know. No genuine in depth info, wasn’t shared.

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade
Your side has very good figures as far as assets and money are concerned. Not to mention the benefit to Regional Southern NSW of having a side so close.

No reason to kill off anyone especially IF there is a bid that ticks the boxes

The Raiders are a waste in a first grade competition and so are many sides in reality. Ideally you would make it a 10 team first grade competition if you were interested in the quality of the competition and service fans who could one day potentially see their team have success (personally I don’t even think there are even close to that many but I guess you have to have some content)

Vlad59

Bench
* $30m bid licence has been raised but it’s now pushed up to $50-$60m. Western Bears working on securing further money for it.

* PVL statements aimed at WA Government. They crowed off too early with 2027 at the Phins vs. Roosters game. Now that’s being used as leverage to get more cash out of them.

* Western Bears business model is conservative. It seemingly needs to be more risk for more reward. Conservative won’t cut it. More investment is require and promised of further investment as documented in bid need to be translated into guarantees.

* 2027 entry could be pushed out to 2028/2029 if Western Bears cannot resolve the issues stated by PVL in a timely (quickly as possible) manner. PVL and ARLC want it to work though and are said to be big fans of this to come to fruition.

* Ball squarely in Western Bears and WA Government court now. Movement on acquiring required additional funds and investment already in progress.

Yep. This is what happens when you have a parasite for a partner.

Gobsmacked

Bench

* Western Bears business model is conservative. It seemingly needs to be more risk for more reward. Conservative won’t cut it. More investment is require and promised of further investment as documented in bid need to be translated into guarantees.

It was really unfortunate that the WA bid wasn't given more time! PVD knows that pay day loan repayments don't fall due until the end of the month, so of course the finances fell short.. like drr !

wb2027

Juniors

* Western Bears business model is conservative. It seemingly needs to be more risk for more reward. Conservative won’t cut it. More investment is required and the promise of further investment as documented in bid needs to be translated into guarantees.

Source?

Colk

First Grade
No one wants that, you delete fans automatically and also more importantly content, content is king, and even the worst run side is worth watching up against a well run storm/panthers/dolphins/bronx etc, content and not pissing in fans has been the play from abdos/pvls tenure

Well if you don’t want to kill them, relegate them. Have a promotion/relegation system if you don’t want to kill them.

There is no point for more than half the teams in the competition. You can replace them with areas that have the commercial strength etc to be competitive or win.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
It was really unfortunate that the WA bid wasn't given more time! PVD knows that pay day loan repayments don't fall due until the end of the month, so of course the finances fell short.. like drr !
Couldn’t agree more. You’re right.

From what I’m told it’s the conservative nature of the business model and the promised investment (which isn’t specified guarantees) which are the main sticking points of the actual bid.

The rest is wanting more cash from WA Government.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Couldn’t agree more. You’re right.

From what I’m told it’s the conservative nature of the business model and the promised investment (which isn’t specified guarantees) which are the main sticking points of the actual bid.

The rest is wanting more cash from WA Government.
I've stated many times that a WA team would be a financial black hole that will require a massive investment for 20 years before it's sustainable, which I would actually be happy for the NRL to make but now the cards are on the table. The NRL no longer sees the need to haemorrhage cash for years and has asked for each bid to be self sufficient. The WA Government are so far only lip service and has put nothing substantial on the table, the Bears has the finances of a failed NRL team, then there's the cashies dude... and out of all this thrown together monstrosity..you all thought I'd be some wonderful bid?
Maybe they come through but I still believe they're many years off .

Gobsmacked

Bench
The Bears
It's a three way parasite gangbang.
Peter: " where are you getting your funding ?"
Bears: " from the Cashies bloke "
Cashies bloke: " I thought we were getting money from the government ? "
Government: " we offer our full support!"
Peter : " which is?"
Government: " that statement " and we are prepared to offer that statement in full!"

Latest posts