What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Iamback

Coach
They've been touting mystery backers all long, but today we found out that they are talking to the Sydney kings weird owners & can't pay licence fee.

I said when the story came out from him and he mentioned still needing to find the cash. That it was strange in the same breath said they could go next year if asked

Iamback

Coach
Ratings will show that Qlders watch the extra Qld based team, pretty easy to see that.
Melbourne are already part of the NRL, News backed them for 15 years or more, that's how they survived. Perth bid does not have a News. PNG has the Aust govt.
Besides that, 419K more viewers.

Correct. You could bring Bris 3 in, Ticks the boxes Perth failed in and TV would love it because it rates.

Hence why Perth and PNG are vanity entires

Colk

First Grade
You're mindset is all about the now...
Not about generations ahead... souths are a complete rabble yet they've won the most premierships ever... Dragons are too, yet 11 in a row is still a barr that everyone looks to and admires
You would cull teams, to suit some dumb Andrew john's narrative of too many teams jargon, but forget success is cyclical, and the bulldogs and knights are making finals when a decade ago they were the consistent spooners, there will always be losers, 17 teams 20 teams, 14 teams, it doesn’t matter there will always be losers

Well it depends on what you define as success. There are teams that at best will make a finals series and that is the best they can hope to achieve.

So it is not a question of teams being losers every now and then; it is a question of whether any team could win. I think there are a few sides who are no chance of winning.

Also the St George example has been done to death.

Colk

First Grade
There's no die in Australia, you can do this in UK or USA through relegation, but the funds don't support it here, ever ask why AFL doesn't cull there degenerate sides... its not nessesary to do it, not when you can use the draft to pass the flag around, its a money making ponsi scheme, Darwinism for RL just means we still back our clubs, but we aren't inclined to give them a leg up, it's a competition, not a charity, get better at getting good

Haha so you don’t believe in darwanism then. Btw have you actually worked out that in this scenario that I am pitching to everybody, these clubs aren’t dying in a literal sense they are just moving to a competition that is befitting to their standard.

I am actually making this a competition for entry and not a charity.

Colk

First Grade
Like delete brands from the 1st grade comp, get back to talking about Western Bears, that's what this thread is for, not you getting the shits with ol stick or your clubs further appointment him

It wouldn’t matter who coached the Raiders. We ain’t winning a competition either way so continue playing a strawman.

MugaB

Coach
Haha so you don’t believe in darwanism then. Btw have you actually worked out that in this scenario that I am pitching to everybody, these clubs aren’t dying in a literal sense they are just moving to a competition that is befitting to their standard.

I am actually making this a competition for entry and not a charity.
That's not Darwinism, that's murder, if you're not in 1st grade, you are not relevant, and you don't get the funds or exposure to do anything relevant, Jets and bears are lucky they are the foundation clubs or they'd also be worse off than they already are

Colk

First Grade
Strawman is you continually talking about Canberra or the competition structure in a wa bears expansion thread

You don’t know what a strawman is then. What I am doing is called a divergence. Look, I believed like you did in expansion but upon serious reflection the competition is simply not good enough at the moment and you would be just making the same mistakes of thirty years ago where some teams would barely win a game.

Latest posts