What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Vlad59

Bench
Perth have been sniffing their own farts about the inclusion of them alone makes a competition ‘national’.

As such they’ve presented an arrogant and weak bid expecting to have the welcome mat rolled out:

Shitty stadium
No license fee
Very poor ratings

I’d like to see a Perth team as much as the next person, but they better get their act together quick smart. They are not as big or important as they think they are.
Failing to nominate a licence fee (despite being advised to) and including Paul Kind at the last moment (who apparently had a falling out with the NRL) were hardly masterstrokes. Rank amateurism in fact.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Cumins Interview

License fee was required. Beattie said it was required and Cumins chose to put in $0. He claims there was no amount specified by the NRL for the fee but he still chose to put in $0.

FFS if you’re negotiating something put up a figure and work towards it. Don’t just put in a donut.

Commercial beast? Dude sounds like a commercial dummy.
dumb and dumber harry dunne GIF
He's a pawn broker...

BuffaloRules

Coach
Cumins Interview

License fee was required. Beattie said it was required and Cumins chose to put in $0. He claims there was no amount specified by the NRL for the fee but he still chose to put in $0.

FFS if you’re negotiating something put up a figure and work towards it. Don’t just put in a donut.

Commercial beast? Dude sounds like a commercial dummy.
dumb and dumber harry dunne GIF

Geez … that’s poor…

Starting to feel sorry for this bloke … he would be eaten alive in Rugby League …might be best they get someone else…

Cactus

Juniors
Couldn't agree more.

This was an informal tender process. They were briefed that there was to be a license fee & it needed to be significant. It was up to the bidder to put their best foot forward......to which they supplied a duck egg.

Like I said earlier, the license fee is to provide a necessary contractual legal threshold & if Cummins didnt know that then he had no business being at the head of this bid.

I suspect that if they had put in a sum of even a lowly $10,000 the ARLC would have given them the appropriate feedback & this would not be public as it is today.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So NRL are turning their back on $450mill govt investment and $30mill private investment for a poxy license fee that wasnt a requirement and has never been paid before.
Vlandys really is a poor administrator, I wonder if its to save someone catching a cold?

Pippen94

First Grade
So NRL are turning their back on $450mill govt investment and $30mill private investment for a poxy license fee that wasnt a requirement and has never been paid before.
Vlandys really is a poor administrator, I wonder if its to save someone catching a cold?

They still working with WA government. They just don't want to partner with group which allegedly tried to screw them over.

Cactus

Juniors
So NRL are turning their back on $450mill govt investment and $30mill private investment for a poxy license fee that wasnt a requirement.
Its been stated numerous times the license fee was a requirement.

Vlandys really is a poor administrator
Its obvious to everyone that the problem here was the bid. Condensing every issue down to being the fault of PVL, while ignoring the benefits of his leadership is not doing yourself any favours.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its been stated numerous times the license fee was a requirement.

Its obvious to everyone that the problem here was the bid. Condensing every issue down to being the fault of PVL, while ignoring the benefits of his leadership is not doing yourself any favours.
except in the tender document itself lol. Amateur at best.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Vlandys really is a poor administrator, I wonder if it’s to save someone catching a cold?

Before you say much more… I suggest you listen to Cumins interview with Ben Fordham… it was a mercy killing by PVL…

Perth Red

Post Whore
Before you say much more… I suggest you listen to Cumins interview with Ben Fordham… it was a mercy killing by PVL…
yep he said it as it was, they'd rather put the $30mill into starting up the club properly than give 2/3rds of it to the other 17 clubs. Sounds a logical enough business decision to me. He does need a PR firm though, why he'd agree to go on a prcks show like that I dont know.

Cactus

Juniors
It was always going to be up to the bidder to nominate a sum with the view to putting their bid in the best possible light. Its NOT a responsibility for ARLC admin.

Trying to portray that the form used in the bid proposal is supposed to instruct the bidder on a specific amount to insert is ridiculous. That is not how this works.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It was always going to be up to the bidder to nominate a sum with the view to putting their bid in the best possible light. Its NOT a responsibility for ARLC admin.

Trying to portray that the form used in the bid proposal is supposed to instruct the bidder on a specific amount to insert is ridiculous. That is not how this works.
well clearly they had a very substantial sum of money in mind. Actually letting bidders know that before deciding to submit might have saved a lot of wasted time and money. I very much doubt any bid fronted up with a $20mill gift to the other clubs!
Maybe the WA bid considered $450mill of infrastructure investment and $30mill of cash start up investment enough?

BuffaloRules

Coach
yep he said it as it was, they'd rather put the $30mill into starting up the club properly than give 2/3rds of it to the other 17 clubs. Sounds a logical enough business decision to me. He does need a PR firm though, why he'd agree to go on a prcks show like that I dont know.

Does he sound like the guy you want to be taking up the fight against the AFL, West Coast Eagles and Dockers ? Then there is the NRL media to deal with , and the other clubs …

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Peter Peter No Cash Meter candidly said in that interview that Peter Peter Queensland Seater stated there was a fee.

According to Mr No Cash No Bid to Licence Converter that sum was open ended. So instead of putting a figure to negotiate towards he decided to put $0. He could have asked the question about what the expectation was and worked it out from there. But he didn’t. I don’t understand how a businessman attempting to join a billion dollar industry doesn’t do his due diligence.

This alone made Peter Peter Bid Defeater upset and not want to work Peter Peter No Cash Meter anymore.

It’s really just a world of Peter’s here. The King, The Knight & The Jester.

To put it into footy terms Cumins last 3 plays were a kick out on the full, a knock on and then he gave away a penalty for a head shot swinging arm and got sent off.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Does he sound like the guy you want to be taking up the fight against the AFL, West Coast Eagles and Dockers ? Then there is the NRL media to deal with , and the other clubs …
Held be the chairman, not the media spokesperson! Guys a multi millionaire with a successful international business whose shown his commitment to WA rugby league by donating millions of $'s to our grassroots. So yeh Id be very happy to have him as chairman, just not be the bloke fronting the media!

Pippen94

First Grade
well clearly they had a very substantial sum of money in mind. Actually letting bidders know that before deciding to submit might have saved a lot of wasted time and money. I very much doubt any bid fronted up with a $20mill gift to the other clubs!
Maybe the WA bid considered $450mill of infrastructure investment and $30mill of cash start up investment enough?

Articles written from Perth's agenda state they were told about fee in July.

Cactus

Juniors
well clearly they had a very substantial sum of money in mind. Actually letting bidders know that before deciding to submit might have saved a lot of wasted time and money.
They did know. They were briefed a number of times that there was a license fee & it was conveyed that the fee needed to be substantial/significant.

Knowing that.........a bidder does not insert $0.00

That is where the amateurism is on full display.

Latest posts