What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

BuffaloRules

Coach
Held be the chairman, not the media spokesperson! Guys a multi millionaire with a successful international business whose shown his commitment to WA rugby league by donating millions of $'s to our grassroots. So yeh Id be very happy to have him as chairman, just not be the bloke fronting the media!

He would have been the main owner and a major decision maker right ? … and he came off badly in that interview ….he hasn’t done himself any favours …

”donating millions”…. Meaning sponsorships ? Hey good luck to him for investing in kids sports …I do think thats a good thing …. But that doesn’t qualify him to be running this club which will be one of the toughest gigs in the game ..up against AFL where they are particularly strong and the ones with the sycophantic local media on their side ,,,

Perth Red

Post Whore
Peter Peter No Cash Meter candidly said in that interview that Peter Peter Queensland Seater stated there was a fee.

According to Mr No Cash No Bid to Licence Converter that sum was open ended. So instead of putting a figure to negotiate towards he decided to put $0. He could have asked the question about what expectation was and worked it out from there.

This alone made Peter Peter Bid Defeater upset and not want to work Peter Peter No Cash Meter anymore.

It’s really a world of Peter’s here. The King, The Knight & The Jester.
grow up!

This was bid developed by a consortium, a consultancy group and the WA govt. It wasnt one man.

From what I hear this is a long way from done yet!

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
At this rate WA Government and Bears bid are better off approaching Ben Ikin for the chairman role. It’s his endgame to be a club chairman or ceo anyways.

He can talk to the media, he can negotiate with ARLC (see his work with QRL in getting money out of the ARLC in a short span of time), he calls a spade a spade (see how upset he made Broncos after telling them truths which they’ve realised 15 months later), he understand grass roots footy, club operations and financials, competition obligations expectation. He is a commercial nerd.

He is relatively young, hungry and has Bears connection. Whether he would relocate his family to the other side of the country im not sure but he wouldn’t be a bad choice to run WA Bears by any means.

Perth Red

Post Whore
At this rate WA Government and Bears bid are better off approaching Ben Ikin for the chairman role. It’s his endgame to be a club chairman or ceo anyways.

He can talk to the media, he can negotiate with ARLC (see his work with QRL in getting money out of the ARLC in a short span of time), he calls a spade a spade (see how upset he made Broncos after telling them truths which they’ve realised 15 months later), he understand grass roots footy, club operations and financials, competition obligations expectation. He is a commercial nerd.

He is relatively young, hungry and has Bears connection. Whether he would relocate his family to the other side of the country im not sure but he wouldn’t be a bad choice to run WA Bears by any means.
Has he got $50mill to pay for the club?

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
grow up!

This was bid developed by a consortium, a consultancy group and the WA govt. It wasnt one man.

From what I hear this is a long way from done yet!
You grow up. How naive do you want to be? All the facts are smacking you in the face and you can’t accept them.

WA Government and Bears will salvage this and make it work. Peter Cumins should have put his ego aside early on and accepted the cash being offered as investment from Bears people. He wouldn’t be in the position that he finds himself in had he not given in to paranoid control.

I told you for months and months what tangibles are required to have a successful commercial bid. It’s almost like I negotiate, bid and operate in the commercial world for a living……

Knock it off Red. Move on and get behind your states government and Bears and let push this forward mate. Give old mate his flowers for his contributions to the junior game but he isn’t fit for the NRL. It is what it is.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Has he got $50mill to pay for the club?
Why would he need to have the cash himself when it’s clear that his negotiating skills are what is his asset? If he successfully negotiated a shitload of cash from ARLC to put into QRL’s coffers then him negotiating with WA or elsewhere investors for WA Bears would be a walk in the park.

It wouldn’t happen but at least it’s a strong name that I would consider running the club. Could do far worse.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
The mistake Cummmmmins made was not hiring AFL Red to oversee the bid.
Cumin GIF by Oi

Perth Red

Post Whore
You grow up. How naive do you want to be? All the facts are smacking you in the face and you can’t accept them.

WA Government and Bears will salvage this and make it work. Peter Cumins should have put his ego aside early on and accepted the cash being offered as investment from Bears people. He wouldn’t be in the position that he finds himself in had he not given in to paranoid control.

I told you for months and months what tangibles are required to have a successful commercial bid. It’s almost like I negotiate, bid and operate in the commercial world for a living……

Knock it off Red. Move on and get behind your states government and Bears and let push this forward mate. Give old mate his flowers for his contributions to the junior game but he isn’t fit for the NRL. It is what it is.
unless the consortium find some money or the NRL decide they will invest the $50mill themselves thats needed both Bears fans and WA fans are going to be bitterly dissapointed. The WA govt will not own or have any share in ownership of a sports club, I can guarantee you that.

If Vlandys is stupid enough to walk away from $480mill investment in the game in WA for the sake of a $20mill license fee will be interesting to see, if he does I think we can all agree he's a moron.

Will a license fee be a requirement of existing clubs when their renewals come up?

I don't believe so. One media article mentioned, for example, that the Dolphins paid very little (if anything) for a licence fee because its finances for the NRL club were guaranteed by the Redcliffe Dolphins Leagues Club. Even our worst performing clubs on field, like the Wests Tigers or Parramatta Eels , are on a solid financial footing.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't believe so. One media article mentioned, for example, that the Dolphins paid very little (if anything) for a licence fee because its finances for the NRL club were guaranteed by the Redcliffe Dolphins Leagues Club. Even our worst performing clubs on field, like the Wests Tigers or Parramatta Eels , are on a solid financial footing.
The proposed license fee has nothing to do with viability or a guarantee, they arent banking it 'in case'.
Its to pay off the clubs for the license renegotiation thats about to happen as the licensing period runs out in 2 months and has to be renewed.