What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Wb1234

Immortal
If Cummins had half a brain he would’ve known adding kind as an investor could be problematic and raised it beforehand

Pvl had multiple good reasons to refuse their bid

Wb1234

Immortal
Other than the bid saying "we'd rather spend $20 million strengthening our work in an expansion market rather than gift $1.06 million to 17 other clubs", it is a strong bid

It's a bid which would make it stronger than at least 4 Sydney clubs from day 1
Nrl clubs won’t approve expansion without a bribe being paid

Given the asset they are getting the bidders should be funding it rather than the arl out of its cash reserves

If the bid is as weak as you say then we should move on to png and nz2

Kurt Angle

First Grade
NRL will run team and then sell it. Bears & wa government will be involved.

The license fee is "give us a deposit so in case you fail (and only if), we won't have to use our accrued saving to tidy up the mess"

So the solution. Is "we will dip into our savings right now, fund things for 4 years then hope to sell it for a profit and it won't fail in WA even though it's run from Cammeray 😄 😄

And you acuse Cummins of not having a master plan

NRL will attract more investment than Perth consortium ever could. Certainly Sydney kings won't be involved.

Yes. The NRL with no local involvement will inspire confidence

Last edited:

Bukowski

Bench
Well … what are they doing now ( today) then ? It seems like they are trying to find the money ?

it seems to me that despite being told it was required ..they just fobbed it off … and thought they would get by anyway …. Yeah I dont agree with everything PVL is doing…. But that seems naive
I'm a bit both sides. They should have offered something in the bid but the ARLC should have told them that a $20 mill license was required. It's a big step up when they were told they needed $30mill to get a look in.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Other than the bid saying "we'd rather spend $20 million strengthening our work in an expansion market rather than gift $1.06 million to 17 other clubs", it is a strong bid

The payment to clubs thing is PR speculation right ?

Is the bid still looking for the money ? I got a feeling they might find it …

Pippen94

First Grade

On what basis?! Intend to make money through running team. Better bid would have resources to support during tough times. See why Dolphins didn't need license fee.

Pippen94

First Grade
The license fee is "give us a deposit so in case you fail (and only if), we won't have to use our accrued saving to tidy up the mess"

So the solution. Is "we will dip into our savings right now, fund things for 4 years then hope to sell it for a profit and it won't fail in WA even though it's run from Cammeray 😄 😄

And you cause Cummins of not having a mater plan

Yes. The NRL with no local involvement will inspire confidence

NRL deal with biggest investor in WA already, not to mention government, so I'll expect they'll be alright.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Nrl clubs won’t approve expansion without a bribe being paid

They allowed the Dolphins to come in without being bribed

The fee is meant to be "if you fall over, we dont want to dip into NRL savings to clean up the mess"

It was waived for the dolphins because Redcliffe Leagues said "it's ok, we will clean up any ness - guaranteed "
Given the asset they are getting the bidders should be funding it rather than the arl out of its cash reserves

What assets are the bears being given?
If the bid is as weak as you say then we should move on to png and nz2
Wut?!

Where did I say it was weak?

Pippen94

First Grade
If Cummins had half a brain he would’ve known adding kind as an investor could be problematic and raised it beforehand

Pvl had multiple good reasons to refuse their bid

I said this before, but if everything being written in press is true why would NRL want to partner with consortium they can't trust?!

wb2027

Juniors
Cant say, but what I can say is what the NRL identified as plan B wont happen. and thats straight from the horses mouth. So its either NRL invests $50mill and owns the license or they sit down with the consortium and work something out.
is Plan B not the NRL-owned and operated path that has been reported?

Kurt Angle

First Grade
The payment to clubs thing is PR speculation right ?

Is the bid still looking for the money ? I got a feeling they might find it …

They will, it at least would have been, loaded

They went in by themselves, then got Smith and Kind as Sydney ears on the ground, and these 2 were prepared to lose money

I mean even if the order was changed with ONG as #18 and Bears as #19, they lose money

When there's more risk on the table, you have to sell at a smaller multiple

Once the risk is gone, such as an October 18 announcement of the Reds coming in, then they'd go on a shipping spree, selling at a higher multiple

This going public will likely impact sponsorship revenue

BuffaloRules

Coach
Apparently they were told a 'substantial amount'
2 weeks before the bid was due. I think when they were told they needed $30mill to get a license they should have been told they needed $20 mill for a license fee aswell. Right from the beginning.
I think it will get sorted.

I haven’t heard the 2 week notice thing previously… that sounds pretty ordinary if correct …

RedVee

First Grade
Apparently they were told a 'substantial amount'
2 weeks before the bid was due. I think when they were told they needed $30mill to get a license they should have been told they needed $20 mill for a license fee aswell. Right from the beginning.
I think it will get sorted.
They said Beattie told them in July

Latest posts