What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

taipan

Referee
I've been told the Perth bid had a letter of support from all 17 clubs.
After the refusal to pay the licence fee ? They all supported expansion and WA that's for sure initially.
Can't see them agreeing after seeing the bid ,unless you a Broncos team with plenty of loot. A new club has to get players from somewhere and the Dolphins struggled together stars .

Perth Red

Post Whore
I've been told the Perth bid had a letter of support from all 17 clubs.
They did, a signed letter of endorsement from each of the 17 clubs was part of the submission. The license fee isnt about buying the clubs for Perth coming in, its about buying them for the next license agreement and the NRL getting what it wants out of that.

taipan

Referee
My post was a fairly lame attempt at humour.

Am fully aware of the history & status of the WA bid and generally agree with your reading of the state of play.

And dont worry, I am a PVL fan. The game continues to be better off since he became involved and in most aspects I wholeheartedly agree with his leadership & decision making.
And I fell for it .
My concern was Cocos Islands could become a staging point for the Chinese Navy.

Iamback

Coach
After the refusal to pay the licence fee ? They all supported expansion and WA that's for sure initially.
Can't see them agreeing after seeing the bid ,unless you a Broncos team with plenty of loot. A new club has to get players from somewhere and the Dolphins struggled together stars .

In theory they would accept. Once the details came out...things change

Wb1234

Immortal
Regular nostrademaus over here, in ten years they'll be no one buying png merchandise, no gambling, no ticket sales, nothing Nada, nien, ever

Your still posting in the Western Bears thread lmao
His club was such a basketcase they were planning on leaving for super league before they even played a game

Played out of a cow park for 20 years and even with news ltd millions were still a financial basketcase for another 20 years

That’s the expert pontificating on png

Perth Red

Post Whore
And those same clubs want Perth to pay a license fee
I very much doubt they have been asked. If a demand was there it'd have been included in the tender criteria. As I said this is NRL getting some bribe money ready for next months 5 year license agreement negotiations.

Wb1234

Immortal
I very much doubt they have been asked. As I said this is NRL getting some bribe money ready for the next months 5 year license agreement negotiations.
Nah you made that up

Nrl clubs demanded png pay a license fee

Now they want one from Perth

Better it doesn’t come out of our cash reserves or profits let the bidders pay for it

Remember when you said Perth would never pay one ? Lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nah you made that up

Nrl clubs demanded png pay a license fee

Now they want one from Perth

Better it doesn’t come out of our cash reserves or profits let the bidders pay for it
not me, one of the key players opinion.

the clubs dont want PNG, a bribe was only way they were going to say yes

Canard

Immortal
His club was such a basketcase they were planning on leaving for super league before they even played a game

Played out of a cow park for 20 years and even with news ltd millions were still a financial basketcase for another 20 years

That’s the expert pontificating on png
Yes because the you can't have an opinion on something because of what club you support.

What are you a 13 year old?

PNG isn't suddenly going to become a affluent country overnight. Only an idiot would believe that.

Maximus

Coach
Yes because the you can't have an opinion on something because of what club you support.

What are you a 13 year old?

PNG isn't suddenly going to become a affluent country overnight. Only an idiot would believe that.

Nah I like this idea. wb's team doesn't exist anymore, so therefore he can't have an opinion.

Latest posts