What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
In ten years time PNG will be the world's third biggest economy, no crime, no baldness, the NRL club will be the biggest sporting team in the world, every 2nd NRL player will be a kumul and China will have given up the one party system.

All because of rugby league.

Trifili13

Juniors
In ten years time PNG will be the world's third biggest economy, no crime, no baldness, the NRL club will be the biggest sporting team in the world, every 2nd NRL player will be a kumul and China will have given up the one party system.

I thought the Porcupines were going to be the biggest NRL club. Has the funding run out? Or will PNG be a subsidiary or feeder country to the Porcupines?

Canard

Immortal
Why? By then they might have a steady revenue stream and not be a burden, there's heaps of clubs that already are a burden, at least this one comes with the 290mill funding towards the actual club
What revenue stream will PNG generate in the next 5 to 10 years?

MugaB

Coach
What revenue stream will PNG generate in the next 5 to 10 years?
What revenue stream does the Raiders live off? Or the Sydney clubs (LCs, investments, golf clubs)
Mate they've got ten years to figure that out most of the clubs in Sydney are still hand to mouth pokie palaces

Isn't this a WA bears thread, why are we spouting the future of Papuan trivialologies

Cactus

Juniors

And..........

China will convert from communism to the PNG model tribal system, while Elon Musk will designate PNG as the place to build the gateway platform for interstellar travel between earth & mars. Meanwhile the Pope will decree that all cardinals & bishops will now be known as the fuzzy wuzzy cuzzies (no baldness) and can only perform benedictions while adorned with a bone nose ring.

Canard

Immortal
What revenue stream does the Raiders live off? Or the Sydney clubs (LCs, investments, golf clubs)
Mate they've got ten years to figure that out most of the clubs in Sydney are still hand to mouth pokie palaces

Isn't this a WA bears thread, why are we spouting the future of Papuan trivialologies
None of that is available to PNG.

Merchandise- No
Pokies - No
Ticket Sales - No

MugaB

Coach
None of that is available to PNG.

Merchandise- No
Pokies - No
Ticket Sales - No
Regular nostrademaus over here, in ten years they'll be no one buying png merchandise, no gambling, no ticket sales, nothing Nada, nien, ever

Your still posting in the Western Bears thread lmao

blue bags

First Grade
So I suppose at the end of the 2030s they just pack-up the PNG team & replace them with (I guess) the financial slam-dunk of another Brisbane team?
Opening the backdoor for the BEAR'S 🧐

China has a 2 stage government right now

BuffaloRules

Coach
Be interesting to see how the world is looking in 2037 when the PNG money runs out …

Maybe the Taiwan war has already been fought by then ..

taipan

Referee
And the Middle East conflict heavily expands into Iran who then call upon the axis of evil North Korea & Russia for help, which ropes in the USA while opening the door for China to advance against Taiwan thus creating WW3.

But not to worry. We have a PVL.
You left out Chechnya,Baluchistan, Sir Lanka and the Cocos islands.

PVL is Chairman.The decision in the end is a board decision.The 17 NRL clubs are members ,they also have input in the decision making process.Yeah the buck stops with him, but the buck also stops with the head of any bidding team.
My reading:
In July a consortium of WA businessmen lodged their bid document.Beattie thought it it was outstanding (so what).He ATT told Cummins it came with a rider: a licence fee would be agreed upon if they enter the NRL.
That fee was due to the fact WA is a rugby league outpost, their financial position wasn't as strong as the Dolphins.
Friday 7th October the bid failed.
Bearing in mind, the Commission's looking at not only this bid but the PNG Govt one & others for the 18th team.
PVL stated a weak financial position was the main problem.But no doubt he and the Board would have been pissed off with the left field late inclusion of Kind & Co.
The WA expansion is still a goer with the WA Govt involved.
PVL has his faults but one thing for sure he wants to maximise the revenues and ensure all clubs are secure.The code has had enough of that sort of crap for decades.

taipan

Referee
Live sports get an audience. Media might state otherwise, as long as broadcasters want advertising dollars NRL will be paid.
I agree. Sport for 9 & 10 are loss makers but they pull in the advertising bucks to compensate for the other shyte programs on their stable.
But as we found out with COVID Nein cried poor mouth ,ch7 wasn't laughing with the big AFL deal.
NRL will be paid no question , but it's by how much the NRL can extract from their wallets.

taipan

Referee
Why won't the V'landys sycophants answer the security not fee question?

A $20M Bank Guarantee is a sensible idea.
I guess because the 17 clubs knowing their player recruitment will be impacted want some recompense .Like cash in hand .

taipan

Referee
That's my point the 17 clubs are members ,they have a say.
If they believe the deal offered is going to impact their bottom line they tell the Commission get the WA bid team to sharpen their pencils.A majority of course must agree one way or another.Without the club, there ain't no Commission or NRL.

Dragonwest

Juniors
That's my point the 17 clubs are members ,they have a say.
If they believe the deal offered is going to impact their bottom line they tell the Commission get the WA bid team to sharpen their pencils.A majority of course must agree one way or another.Without the club, there ain't no Commission or NRL.
I've been told the Perth bid had a letter of support from all 17 clubs.

Cactus

Juniors
You left out Chechnya,Baluchistan, Sir Lanka and the Cocos islands.

PVL is Chairman.The decision in the end is a board decision.The 17 NRL clubs are members ,they also have input in the decision making process.Yeah the buck stops with him, but the buck also stops with the head of any bidding team.
My reading:
In July a consortium of WA businessmen lodged their bid document.Beattie thought it it was outstanding (so what).He ATT told Cummins it came with a rider: a licence fee would be agreed upon if they enter the NRL.
That fee was due to the fact WA is a rugby league outpost, their financial position wasn't as strong as the Dolphins.
Friday 7th October the bid failed.
Bearing in mind, the Commission's looking at not only this bid but the PNG Govt one & others for the 18th team.
PVL stated a weak financial position was the main problem.But no doubt he and the Board would have been pissed off with the left field late inclusion of Kind & Co.
The WA expansion is still a goer with the WA Govt involved.
PVL has his faults but one thing for sure he wants to maximise the revenues and ensure all clubs are secure.The code has had enough of that sort of crap for decades.
My post was a fairly lame attempt at humour.

Am fully aware of the history & status of the WA bid and generally agree with your reading of the state of play.

And dont worry, I am a PVL fan. The game continues to be better off since he became involved and in most aspects I wholeheartedly agree with his leadership & decision making.

Latest posts