What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
Living near the beach is a big attraction for some people, usually if you haven’t lived near the ocean you don’t really care and don’t get the full value out of that location.
I just know from first living at Maroubra and then the Central Coast that I could never ever live away from the ocean.
One of the main attractions of Perth are its beaches and laid back life style, that’s why I have chosen plenty of former Central Coast locals.
All the Newcastle players hang out on their weekends at Dixon Park Beach (near Merewether Beach), Perth would be great for these players, especially the guys in the latter stages of their careers.

What proximity are you thinking (how many minutes or km from the beach)?
Perth has a great coast but is also built on a great estuary system, so does a "river" suburb work with what you have in mind?
I'm not being sarcastic, it's just triggering curiousity again over Club training/HQ locations. It may sound trivial but for a fledgling club with the bulk of the playing and coaching list not being locals, HQ location may be more relevant than it is to the AFL clubs. Unlikely too many WC Eagles live in Lathlain or Dockers living in Cockburn Central. Iirc, GWS initially set up a lot of their staff and all their development squad at Breakfast Point.
Still, Perth is geographically much easier to get around (pretty flat and spacious) than Sydney or Brisbane.

Perth Red previously suggested the close to ocean Mt Claremont sports cluster which has the WAIS, HBF Stadium (not Park, nor Arena, 3 HBF venues in Perth 🤦) WA Athletics, UWA playing fields, Wildcats HQ, and Western Force. It's very close to the ocean as the bird flies, but is something of an enclave.
I suggest the very accessible and metropolitan area central George Burnett Park (home of South Perth RLC) which is immediately nextdoor to desirable river suburbs, including the Canning Bridge precinct will may suit players without kids.

I think as central as possible is best. Players will gravitate to whatever beachside hub suits their personality, be it Hillary's/Sorrento, Scarborough, Cottesloe/Swanbourne, North Freo, South Freo/South Beach, Rockingham.

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore
If a Perth player doesn’t get a house near the beach how will he ever survive over there

MV5BMTU5NTcyMzI3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTU3OTI0NDE@._V1_.jpg

Centy Coast

Juniors
Perth has a great coast but is also built on a great estuary system, so does a "river" suburb work with what you have in mind?
I'm not being sarcastic, it's just triggering curiousity again over Club training/HQ locations. It may sound trivial but for a fledgling club with the bulk of the playing and coaching list not being locals, HQ location may be more relevant than it is to the AFL clubs. Unlikely too many WC Eagles live in Lathlain or Dockers living in Cockburn Central. Iirc, GWS initially set up a lot of their staff and all their development squad at Breakfast Point.
Still, Perth is geographically much easier to get around (pretty flat and spacious) than Sydney or Brisbane.

Perth Red previously suggested the close to ocean Mt Claremont sports cluster which has the WAIS, HBF Stadium (not Park, nor Arena, 3 HBF venues in Perth 🤦) WA Athletics, UWA playing fields, Wildcats HQ, and Western Force. It's very close to the ocean as the bird flies, but is something of an enclave.
I suggest the very accessible and metropolitan area central George Burnett Park (home of South Perth RLC) which is immediately nextdoor to desirable river suburbs, including the Canning Bridge precinct will may suit players without kids.

I think as central as possible is best. Players will gravitate to whatever beachside hub suits their personality, be it Hillary's/Sorrento, Scarborough, Cottesloe/Swanbourne, North Freo, South Freo/South Beach, Rockingham.
When we were over there last year after the NRL double header we went out with a few of the Knights/Sharks players and they loved Scarborough, nobody bothered them when they were out, people knew they were a sporting group but most didn’t know who they were and gave them space and privacy.
Not sure about later in the night though lol.

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
When we were over there last year after the NRL double header we went out with a few of the Knights/Sharks players and they loved Scarborough, nobody bothered them when they were out, people knew they were a sporting group but most didn’t know who they were and gave them space and privacy.
Not sure about later in the night though lol.
That actually reminds me of the early days or the Western Force, and the pros and cons of any Perth Sirens.
On paper the Force should have been relatively competitive but personality chemistry is more alchemy. Turned out they'd put together a volatile list. Throw in beautiful Perth girls, and the brew went toxic. Culminating in Matt Henjak breaking his teammate Haig Sare's jaw, which the police got involved in.

A Perth NRL team will certainly be keen for their players to get into relationships with local girls (or guys 🤷) for the sake of player retention. Yet it only takes a couple irresponsible players, next thing you know, you have a "St Kilda Schoolgirl" situation

Dragonwest

Juniors

Congratulations to Darius Roger's impressive performance for CAS 18s against QLD yesterday.

Perth born Junior doing the business at 17 and stepping up into the local FG comp as a half.

Reactions: Vee

Dragonwest

Juniors

Both South Perth and HBF Stadium are equal distance & time from the center of the CBD ..... I know where I'd prefer to be after training at either venue.

The CoE should not be based at an existing league club.