What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Nuke

Staff member
For what it's worth, just because I enjoy doing things like this (and I had some rare time today to do it!), I've designed a 'WA Bears' logo, as it seems as though a new Perth NRL team will be linked with North Sydney.

I know NthSyd were keen to retain their logo, but looking at it and looking at where club logos are trending these days, the Bears logo has too much detail. It needs to be simplified.
I also feel it needs to be removed a few degrees from a North Sydney Bears logo.

So this, below, is the result of my designing this afternoon / evening.

I've retained the exact shape of the bear's head from the Nth Sydney logo (albeit with more accentuated fur lines), with the shaded areas in similar positions on its face. The main features (eyes, nose, ears, mouth) are in the exact same places as the current Bears logo, the nose is similar design to the existing logo, and the mouth, teeth, and tongue (which is a tad simplified) are directly transferred across from the current logo.

Obviously I don't know any more of the details of the bid than anyone else here, but I'd like to think gold would be added to the red-black-white, hence me adding gold in here. I made the gold more of a 'gold' gold (as opposed to yellow), and I made the red more of a dusty red. Partially to distinguish its red from the other reds in the NRL (Newcastle, Redcliffe, Roosters, Souths, Dragons, ect), but also to reflect the vast amount of red dust in outback WA.

I've purposely kept it solely as a WA Bears logo with no reference to North Sydney, as I feel North Sydney Bears will still exist in the NSW Cup and NSW juniors competitions, but this is a WA club. I even put a 'W' and 'A' inside the ears (as I love hidden gems in logos!).

Anyway, here below is my logo both in full-colour on light and dark backgrounds and also single-colour, as these are often how logos are used in this social-media world we live in at the moment.

I have my thoughts on kit designs, but I'll save them for another day.
WA Bears mockup logos.jpg

Latest posts