What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Iamback

Coach
Common sense outcome. Hopefully the team is announced in time to hit the schoolboy carnivals and they can go after some of the top 15 or 16 year olds

flippikat

Bench
Talks have escalated between a WA bid consortium and the Bears after the withdrawal of Newtown Jets from the race.
While a partnership is now seen as the most likely outcome, there is not expected to be an official announcement before the bid lodgement deadline on July 31.
Is the deadline still July 31 ? That's pretty close now - we may actually have some news (or at least a progress update) soon.

Nutz

Bench
I just think they need to make sure the Perth fans feel like it's their club, not Norths. Those fans are the ones who will make the club work.
Is there a leagues club in Perth that the new club will consume/assume, or do they build a new one?

Nutz

Bench
Neanderthals
I've got to get out more. I've been in Qld for so long now that I just assume a leagues club... wait, to save confusion, let's call it an entertainment venue, was part and parcel for every club.
I didn't know the Storm didn't have one. Are there others?
The Broncos Leagues Club up here is big. TAB, pokies, 2 restaurants, live bands, balcony to watch team train etc etc.

Wb1234

Referee
I've got to get out more. I've been in Qld for so long now that I just assume a leagues club... wait, to save confusion, let's call it an entertainment venue, was part and parcel for every club.
I didn't know the Storm didn't have one. Are there others?
The Broncos Leagues Club up here is big. TAB, pokies, 2 restaurants, live bands, balcony to watch team train etc etc.
South’s have south’s juniors but not really connected

your tigers league club is closed

nz don’t have one (they bought a bar)

titans don’t have one

Nutz

Bench
South’s have south’s juniors but not really connected

your tigers league club is closed

nz don’t have one (they bought a bar)

titans don’t have one
Crying now 😭
You would have to mention the demise of my balmain leagues club, thank Wb

Nutz

Bench
It just shows you that clubs don't depend on them so much these days if they have corporate support or privatisation.
Leagues Clubs doh! Entertainment Clubs were the heart and soul of every team.
Talking about the Bears, I've downed many a schooner at the Nth Sydney League's Club, we used to go there after we played a game on most weekends.....arrrgghh those were the days...memories la la la la.

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore
I just think they need to make sure the Perth fans feel like it's their club, not Norths. Those fans are the ones who will make the club work.

Meh, Queenslanders seem fine with having Fitzroy and they're a pretty parochial bunch.

t-ba

Post Whore
It just shows you that clubs don't depend on them so much these days if they gave corporate support or privatisation.
Leagues Clubs doh! Entertainment Clubs were the heart and soul of every team.
Talking about the Bears, I've downed many a schooner at the Nth Sydney League's Club, we used to go there after we played a game on most weekends.....arrrgghh those were the days...memories la la la la.

It now exists as a means of extracting pokie cash from the rich old lonely people in the area.

They bistro was run by Indonesians for a bit and was pretty good but has returned to being shit.