What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
lol majority predicted the bears had no chance
where the Bears where in March they didnt. They then significantly altered their rheotric, demands and started to play nicely. Id suggest thats when their chances changed. And quite possibly the WA bid have played this very well using the Jets to wake the Bears up to the fact they werent the dead certs they thought they were.

either way it looks like both parties have found a happy place and it will move ahead.

Vlad59

Bench
I'll listen to direct quotes from people who know. Not journos opinons or guesses on X. There's a huge difference.
A direct quote from Sackson is as reliable as you can get. If you ever get to see him say hi from Buster in Hobart. And let him know I’m still a nuisance.

flippikat

Bench
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again that the NRL has everything going for it to not only become the biggest sporting competition in the southern hemisphere but the RL equivalent of the English premier league or even NFL.
We're entering the most exciting era of top-tier club rugby league since the mid 1990s - and we have a lot of lessons we can take from that time to make a better go of it now.

Wb1234

Referee
I'll listen to direct quotes from people who know. Not journos opinons or guesses on X. There's a huge difference.
Pvl and nick polites both said they wanted the bears and you ignored them.

then quoted polites as a source for backing a 20 team comp

I told you months ago bears would want one game at nso and a minority shareholding

here we are

lol

heck you spent months bagging pvl as a bad leader too

Wb1234

Referee
where the Bears where in March they didnt. They then significantly altered their rheotric, demands and started to play nicely. Id suggest thats when their chances changed. And quite possibly the WA bid have played this very well using the Jets to wake the Bears up to the fact they werent the dead certs they thought they were.

either way it looks like both parties have found a happy place and it will move ahead.
Told you back then how it would go

as usual you didn’t listen and made hundreds of posts about the Perth jets or Perth standalone as the options

Perth Red

Post Whore
Pvl and nick polites both said they wanted the bears and you ignored them.

then quoted polites as a source for backing a 20 team comp

I told you months ago bears would want one game at nso and a minority shareholding

here we are

lol

heck you spent months bagging pvl as a bad leader too
eh? Ive never said Bears would not happen for sure. Do the voices in your head tell you this sht?

Steel Saints

Juniors
As long as WA has majority of the board, terms and conditions favour WA and the team is based in Perth, then there should be no problems. John Sackson spoke well in the interview, and someone like him will make sure that a Perth club or franchise will be a success.

Sackson described the bid as "no stone has been left unturned". The bid is not a rush job.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Told you back then how it would go

as usual you didn’t listen and made hundreds of posts about the Perth jets or Perth standalone as the options
you were just guessing. congrats youre guess came through. Outstanding work lol

I have no doubt the perth bid wanted to be stand alone, they said it themselves. The fact this looks like it might be being forced on WA doesn't necessarily set it up for success.

Wb1234

Referee
eh? Ive never said Bears would not happen for sure. Do the voices in your head tell you this sht?
There were 3 options
You had two choices

and still picked the wrong one

this is the bid you are supposed to have a clue about
I have no doubt the perth bid wanted to be stand alone, they said it themselves. The fact this looks like it might be being forced on WA doesn't set it up for success.
Maybe if you had listened to pvl telling Perth they had to link up with the bears rather than being stubborn

Perth Red

Post Whore
As long as WA has majority of the board, terms and conditions favour WA and the team is based in Perth, then there should be no problems. John Sackson spoke well in the interview, and someone like him will make sure that a Perth club or franchise will be a success.

Sackson described the bid as "no stone has been left unturned". The bid is not a rush job.
Also said the bid document is massive with a lot of detail in it. Wheres Pippen telling us there is no perth bid lol?

Perth Red

Post Whore
There were 3 options
You had two choices

and still picked the wrong one

this is the bid you are supposed to have a clue about

Maybe if you had listened to pvl telling Perth they had to link up with the bears rather than being stubborn
I didnt pick any you idiot. I said WA's preference was a stand alone club. I said Jets offered an interesting opportunity to develop some new jnr pathways in Sydney without as much baggage as Bears were carrying over and I said Bears would need to change a lot of their approach if they had any hope.

As it turned out it looks like the Perth bid has used the Jets to get bears to be more reasonable and they are npw in a space they can work together. If it works only time will tell. It has a good chance now at least.

As for you, well you've been on here for years telling us Perth has zero chance of a club lol

BuffaloRules

Coach
you were just guessing. congrats youre guess came th

I have no doubt the perth bid wanted to be stand alone, they said it themselves. The fact this looks like it might be being forced on WA doesn't necessarily set it up for success.
On the flip side… you have an excuse now if they fail… I mean this is “forcing them to pay for all the away airfares “ Mark 2…

If they think it’s going to impact on the success of the team ,,, then they should be resisting it now … they won’t get another chance if this opportunity doesnt work

Perth Red

Post Whore
On the flip side… you have an excuse now if they fail… I mean this is “forcing them to pay for all the away airfares “ Mark 2…

If they think it’s going to impact on the success of the team ,,, then they should be resisting it now … they won’t get another chance if this opportunity doesnt work
TBF it sounds like they dont have much choice. So I guess the decision the WA team then has to make is do they miss the opportunity all together and wait another 20 years or jump into bed reluctantly with a unwanted bride and hope the marriage is better than expected?

On the up side it sounds like the WA bid got the key things it needed ie perth owned, perth based and perth run. NS get the secured NRL pathway to keep them relevant into the future and the brand back in top flight.
It might work. Time will tell.

This is RL, our rival sport would never have created this opportunity for failure, but this is RL.