What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Wb1234

Referee
yes I know, but what ive stated as the difference in the two approaches is significant.
Swans and Lions are not what is being proposed for perth.

'No non negotiables, no foot in each city, no 'home games' not at home, no board places for the old vestibules.' That was the afl relocation approach, this is very different.
Yeh the lions or south Melbourne didn’t have a leagues club to help support the club

or ready made juniors

flippikat

Bench
There’s a nice symmetry that the last two teams dudded by super league are coming back as one
Well hang on, the Adelaide Rams lasted a year longer than the Reds - so it's not entirely accurate that the Bears and Reds were "the last two teams dudded by super league".

However, I do note your point that a successful Perth Bears would solve two problems & address two stark shortcomings of the 1997 peace settlement (which frankly gave Superleague/News Ltd MUCH of what they wanted).

Wb1234

Referee
I was thinking more of Perth v NZ warriors due to large kiwi expat community in Perth but I’m sure the storm would sell well in Perth and a crowd of 30k+ wouldn’t be that hard to achieve.
Or broncos they would have loads of expats there too

none of the Sydney clubs
might be a bit rude to ask the WA govt to pay for that
Who said they should lol

north Sydney council as the owners or the bears themselves
Well hang on, the Adelaide Rams lasted a year longer than the Reds - so it's not entirely accurate that the Bears and Reds were "the last two teams dudded by super league".

However, I do note your point that a successful Perth Bears would solve two problems & address two stark shortcomings of the 1997 peace settlement (which frankly gave Superleague/News Ltd MUCH of what they wanted).
Adelaide and Hunter mariners were always only filler for super league to make up the numbers

Perth was the third rugby league state back then

the grand final would get 10k and junior numbers were ok

BuffaloRules

Coach
If they could sell enough tickets and the event builds up over time then Allianz is where they should take it

let it start at north Sydney oval to get the bears fans feeling active again and see how it goes

They will play at Allianz every year anyway …why do they need another game there ?

Wb1234

Referee
They will play at Allianz every year anyway …why do they need another game there ?

Allianz has 30k higher capacity and more corporate boxes for bears to make money off (assuming bear park goes back to 20k)

It’s a genuine derby game. One of the few ones remaining in Sydney

BuffaloRules

Coach
Allianz has 30k higher capacity and more corporate boxes for bears to make money off (assuming bear park goes back to 20k)

It’s a genuine derby game. One of the few ones remaining in Sydney

Ok…

I dont think I’m going to agree with you on this ..

I know the Bears have some passionate fans left in Sydney … but I think the numbers might not be what some are thinking…