What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
Are you going on Friday night ?, unfortunately I couldn’t get across there this year.
Another month I would’ve been fine, bloody work.
yeh got tickets in East stand, going to be a sell out so will be a great atmosphere. With all the expansion talk Im sure there'll be a real buzz about the place.

I'm kind of hoping they do a Bears reveal at HT lol. maybe launch a 1000 red and black balloons or have a bear run around the pitch or something for fun :)

Centy Coast

Juniors
yeh got tickets in East stand, going to be a sell out so will be a great atmosphere. With all the expansion talk Im sure there'll be a real buzz about the place.

I'm kind of hoping they do a Bears reveal at HT lol. maybe launch a 1000 red and black balloons or have a bear run around the pitch or something for fun :)
Even just to announce something positive for the people of WA on the night would be great.
Should be a great atmosphere at HBF, hopefully the Dolphins turn up to play.
Who are you going for on the night ?.

Vlad59

Bench
I think you'll find most people think both of those venues are a joke for NRL games.
Well I’m attending our joke of a stadium on Saturday night and it’s going to be great fun. Staying next door at the Quest owned by the NRL. I’m a loyal puppy.

Reactions: Vee

Perth Red

Post Whore
Even just to announce something positive for the people of WA on the night would be great.
Should be a great atmosphere at HBF, hopefully the Dolphins turn up to play.
Who are you going for on the night ?.
very much a neutral. I'm thankful for Dolphins bringing a game here but they have fleeced us in ticket prices so kind of balances out lol.

Unfortunately game is a few weeks too early for any announcements or confirmations. If I bump into anyone with insider info I'll see if I can get any gossip on what the bid is looking like!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Now thats a cracker, thought the other one wouldn't translate to digital well but this one ticks all the boxes! Lock it in Perth/West Coast Bears!!

The Perth Bears should have this logo and keep the traditional one for the NS feeder teams to keep using.

Wb1234

Referee
It seemed cool to bring in four teams and make it a 20 team comp, but there were too many lopsided games.

With regards to Murdoch, if he wasn't involved with Super League, there most likely would've been a rationalisation of Sydney clubs anyway, but without the need of that farcical criteria.
Wests and Cronulla would’ve died off

if sure the arl would’ve supported Perth or the cowboys if they had experienced financial problems they wouldn’t have allowed them to fail

Iamback

Coach
We have to be realistic of what our goals are for first 5 years. No one expects top 4's but competitive, get the systems in place, build a squad capable of mid table and maybe the odd top 8 finish is the goal Id suggest. Arthurs can do all of that and he is respected by players so that would help with recruitment. He's also in SL at moment scouting talent hopefully!

Of course if we could land Bellyache then that would be something else but Brad is a solid choice as inaugural coach.

Getting out of the bottom 4 for all the new teams is a good aim, depth is killer early on