What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
Been used by a league and super rugby for ten years

how hasn’t anyone slipped ?

what happens when it rains and the field is wet
Those stairs are new, don't lose any sleep wondering if they meet BCA requirements.
They were part of a $30 million in upgrades for the FIFA womens World Cup.

Still, I hope to see that whole wing bulldozed for a new western stand. 2027 may be a bit tight a schedule, but 2028 for sure.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Those stairs are new, don't lose any sleep wondering if they meet BCA requirements.
They were part of a $30 million in upgrades for the FIFA womens World Cup.

Still, I hope to see that whole wing bulldozed for a new western stand. 2027 may be a bit tight a schedule, but 2028 for sure.
Team announced Oct 2024
stadium upgrade begins July 2025 (next budget)
completed September 2026
first game March 2027

plenty of time to get west stand replaced and hopefully a roof over south stand.

Wb1234

Referee
Team announced Oct 2024
completed September 2026
first game March 2027

plenty of time to get west stand replaced and hopefully a roof over south stand.
Still leaves the shed stand

it’s awful

Old lang park vibes

Bukowski

Juniors
Team announced Oct 2024
completed September 2026
first game March 2027

Was that south stand designed to add more rows? It would be great if it was as high as the east stand and joined to it. Just need to relocate the screen.

Vlad59

Bench
Stadium is poor

those stairs going up and down the players had to climb to enter the field are a joke

even the new stands don’t look that great

its better than the waca and still behind the standard for nrl stadia

like watching games at shark park or kayo it’s a bit of an eyesore
Leichhardt oval says hello. And so do the termites.

final say

Juniors
1 game for the year... 20k sold out.
In what universe should we expect anything less? Seriously?
Getting that regularly in season 2 when they are middling is the tricky part. The Dolphins are doing just that and some suggest it's not good enough..
I hope we get a Perth team but this is not a win, it's a minimum standard for a 1 off fixture in a city that big.
They'll be lucky to be averaging 15k in season 2 and it'll be more like 12k if they aren't doing well.

Also, this tiny article is well below the publicity the story should command.
The Gold Coast was regularly front page before being included.

Vlad59

Bench
1 game for the year... 20k sold out.
In what universe should we expect anything less? Seriously?
Getting that regularly in season 2 when they are middling is the tricky part. The Dolphins are doing just that and some suggest it's not good enough..
I hope we get a Perth team but this is not a win, it's a minimum standard for a 1 off fixture in a city that big.
They'll be lucky to be averaging 15k in season 2 and it'll be more like 12k if they aren't doing well.

Also, this tiny article is well below the publicity the story should command.
The Gold Coast was regularly front page before being included.
Happy happy happy happy talk. The Sydney centrics strike again. A sell out isn’t good enough.

flippikat

Bench
With WA, who would be their main rival ?, Melbourne ?.
The Reds were actually folded to form the Storm so it would make sense, every season in the CAS titles it is virtually always WA v VIC in the Final.
I think Perth v Melbourne rivalry is a very real prospect - especially if Bellamy retires by the time Perth enters the league, and the Storm come back to the pack a little.

Outside of Manly, I don't think North Sydney had many intense rivalries - but I do remember a few playoff battles against the Raiders back in the 1990s, so maybe them?

flippikat

Bench
So, given that bids close 14 August (from what I can gather), how soon after that does everyone think we'll get some update from the NRL and/or bids?

From what I've heard, the plan is before the Grand Final - so before early October could be it.. but if the NRL is pretty much sure of team 18 now, could Perth be announced soon after bids close & 19/20 announced around (or just before) GF time... with further inspection of the NZ & Qld bids requiring that extra time?

RedVee

First Grade
So, given that bids close 14 August (from what I can gather), how soon after that does everyone think we'll get some update from the NRL and/or bids?

From what I've heard, the plan is before the Grand Final - so before early October could be it.. but if the NRL is pretty much sure of team 18 now, could Perth be announced soon after bids close & 19/20 announced around (or just before) GF time... with further inspection of the NZ & Qld bids requiring that extra time?
I’m wondering if they’ll announce 18 & 19 now, but hold 20 back a year or so? Otherwise they will have an advantage of a year or two organisational time assuming they wouldn’t come in til 2030 (2029 at best?).