What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

BuffaloRules

Coach
Union and soccer must be spitting chips. They've been established in their top flight competitions here in WA for about 18 & 28 years respectively, and it's only now that there looks like there will be an NRL team in town that their shared home ground gets a $300mil upgrade.

Kinda puts them in their place ... and I'd guess they won't particularly like it. Especially union.

Yep … Union and soccer are the minor leagues of Aust sports…

Perth getting another team in the big Competition - State Gov open up the wallet

Perth Red

Post Whore
They need to sort out the food and beverage outlets in the eastern stand. I didn't realise they were so bad until optus opened.
I used to prefer the food trucks behind the North. Theres a great pub that sell lovely pizza just 5min from the stadium, thats our new food before game stop!

Perth Red

Post Whore
So they would’ve spent 600millito get a 25k seat stadium

lol at least Penrith got two stands for that much
maths not you're strong point either?

theyve spent:
$125mill (inc lease from council) in 2011
$35mill in 2022
allegedly $300mill for the next upgrades

Wb1234

Referee
maths not you're strong point either?

theyve spent:
$125mill (inc lease from council) in 2011
$35mill in 2022
allegedly $300mill for the next upgrades
Like that changes anything

300 million is a great result for rugby league even if it’s a bad deal for the taxpayer

Wb1234

Referee
Feels like a waste of money.
They want to be a world class city in a rich western country... it's time to cough up and build a city feature like Melbourne did will ammi Park.
450 million they will end up with something decent

not on the standards of Melbourne but not bad

Iamback

Coach
Ok…

If there is no news yet of the Bears side putting in any money … that’s all I wanted to know..

I would be surprised if they put money into this …looking at the way the arrangement has shaken out … you would assume they aren’t putting up money

Then what is in it from the Perth side of it? Remember all along their preference has been to go alone

John Singleton confirmed that the Jets were trying to raise money to be part of it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Then what is in it from the Perth side of it? Remember all along their preference has been to go alone

John Singleton confirmed that the Jets were trying to raise money to be part of it.
I suspect
1. NRL has told them they have to
2. potential investors wanting to buy in that have links to the Bears
3. NSLC prepared to fund the Sydney based Jnr systems

Wb1234

Referee

Perth Red

Post Whore
500 million for a 25k seat stadium is questionable

remember when you were questioning Penrith only getting TWO new stands for 309 million

Need to contact these guys :
haha so Wb.

Last month: Perth must spend at least $300mill on the stadium

Now: Perth we are going to spend $300mill on the stadium

wb: thats not good enough

never change mate!

Wb1234

Referee
haha so Wb.

Last month: Perth must spend at least $300mill on the stadium

Now: Perth we are going to spend $300mill on the stadium

wb: thats not good enough

never change mate!
I said it’s a good result for rugby league

but by your past comments it’s a bad deal for taxpayers

True but same with Shark Park
Agreed, but I give them a pass cos they've always been there. With the Dolphins we were hoodwinked into thinking there would now be a game at Suncorp every week, yet we see our newest club playing games in the smallest stadium in the NRL. I thought we were supposed to be getting away from these shitty suburban grounds.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Agreed, but I give them a pass cos they've always been there. With the Dolphins we were hoodwinked into thinking there would now be a game at Suncorp every week, yet we see our newest club playing games in the smallest stadium in the NRL. I thought we were supposed to be getting away from these shitty suburban grounds.
No pass from me.