What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

BuffaloRules

Coach
Dunno who edlestein bought them off but he was the owner

might e been owned by your afl before that

then he sold them to someone else

It’s pretty much exactly what the situation with the bears is despite what @BuffaloRules says lol

if you think the same entity changing ownership is the same as this situation I dont know what to tell ya

Wb1234

Referee
North Sydney bears will probably continue playing in the NSW Cup
South Melb have a side in the vic comp associated with the swans
What was the purchase price they paid for the Bears out of interest ? Edelston paid $6.3 mil for the Swans ….not bad moolah for the mid 80s..

Is this where the $30 million is going ?
they paid the bears zilch
They negotiated with the bears for use of their ip in return for a home game in Sydney and other concessions that the name and logo can’t change

BuffaloRules

Coach
South Melb have a side in the vic comp associated with the swans

they paid the bears zilch
They negotiated with the bears for use of their ip in return for a home game in Sydney and other concessions that the name and logo can’t change

Associated…thats my word …

So zilch hey … cheap… I guess that’s the price you pay when something is being forced on you

Wb1234

Referee
Expansion is great …way overdue …

typical NRL style though ….ignore it for decades and then try to catch up in 2 years
Brisbane 2 wasn’t allowed until 2015

game didn’t really have the money until now

clubs were underfunded for almost 20 years

now we get to see where rugby league would’ve ended up without the super league war

wb2027

Juniors
Perth have fought the Bears every step of the way so far … they have had to have their arms twisted by the NRL to even get this far … but all they have given up so far is the mascot name and one game a year …. Much less than what the Bears said were non negotiables..
Bears obviously negotiated on every one of their non-negotiables. Perth didn't have an alternate mascot option ready to go either. Cummins said they were agnostic towards how the identity would take shape.

Perth has retained ownership of the new entity 100 percent … I think they will be more concerned making decisions to keep their new audience in a Perth happy rather than worrying about the old Bears fans in Sydney
100%? Only seen articles stating a majority.

Latest posts