What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Gobsmacked

Bench
Just heard on Triple M that Michael Maguire has entered the race for the Western Bears Coaching gig, that’s going to make things very interesting.
I had heard whispers that Madge was a chance during Origin if the Perth Bears became a done deal.
They should throw the kitchen sink in to get Bellamy.

MugaB

Coach
cant see Bellamy leaving the Storm at this stage of his career…I’m sure they can afford to pay him plenty as well….

If the choice is Arthur v Maguire ..Im leaning Arthur
Arthur's wife and he relatives are from WA, they'll most likely go with him, purely coz he has a pretty good and stable career as a coach (longest eels coach) that's extremely important as a new franchise to have a stable environment to build off
Arthur hasn't won a GF, but has put together plenty of finals campaigns, it's most likely the club of the Eels itself that stunted Arthur's career, so many bad recruitments and lack of depth, of which Arthur had zero say, and was left holding the bag

Wb1234

Referee
Arthur's wife and he relatives are from WA, they'll most likely go with him, purely coz he has a pretty good and stable career as a coach (longest eels coach) that's extremely important as a new franchise to have a stable environment to build off
Arthur hasn't won a GF, but has put together plenty of finals campaigns, it's most likely the club of the Eels itself that stunted Arthur's career, so many bad recruitments and lack of depth, of which Arthur had zero say, and was left holding the bag
100 percent

The eels have a rotten culture it’s amazing he did so well with anchors like mark oneill there

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Do you think he had zero say in his squad? I am not familiar with how the Eels run the club so I am genuinely asking. Sounds strange if true

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
There’s a committee which he has a small voice in

ex tiger mark O’Neill is recruitment manager guy is a plonker
Wow that's crazy, very little say in the squad but gets sacked for the performance of said squad.

When Authur got sacked I didn't really have a lot of sympathy because I was of the assumption that he was the one that built the squad over a decade

MugaB

Coach
Do you think he had zero say in his squad? I am not familiar with how the Eels run the club so I am genuinely asking. Sounds strange if true
For the last few years, he was unable to recruit himself like he previously did, there was a committee that took care of that, he arked up about it, then past few seasons just accepted it, that he was to just coach, every club has different setups, most would want the coach's fingerprints all over it,
I remember Mary McGregor was dudded the same way a few years before getting sacked, he wasn't even allowed to pick his teamlist

BuffaloRules

Coach
For the last few years, he was unable to recruit himself like he previously did, there was a committee that took care of that, he arked up about it, then past few seasons just accepted it, that he was to just coach, every club has different setups, most would want the coach's fingerprints all over it,
I remember Mary McGregor was dudded the same way a few years before getting sacked, he wasn't even allowed to pick his teamlist

Did he put the team together that got to the GF 2 years ago ? Seems weird they would change that setup…

Given the number of South Africans in the crowd at the wobblies test matches the last couple of weeks I wonder if it would be worth the Western Bears taking advantage of the salary cap exemption and throw some money at one of the South Africans.
I wouldn`t recommend throwing money away if the budget is tight and only if the player is a genuine chance of cutting it, but would be great if we could tap into that massive South African market in Oz.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Yeah that's f**ked. Hope he can get full control in Perth and make a success of it. He's a good coach

Bukowski

Juniors
Given the number of South Africans in the crowd at the wobblies test matches the last couple of weeks I wonder if it would be worth the Western Bears taking advantage of the salary cap exemption and throw some money at one of the South Africans.
I wouldn`t recommend throwing money away if the budget is tight and only if the player is a genuine chance of cutting it, but would be great if we could tap into that massive South African market in Oz.
Absolutely, heaps of saffas in Perth. Is a player from outside the game cap exempt?

Wb1234

Referee
Wow that's crazy, very little say in the squad but gets sacked for the performance of said squad.

When Authur got sacked I didn't really have a lot of sympathy because I was of the assumption that he was the one that built the squad over a decade

They appointed him as liquidator and then put in strict rules about how the club is run (after salary cap scandal)

Arthur did a great job at the eels

the club has huge issues which aren’t his making

their junior systems have been neglected
They lose loads of good kids to other teams

Arthur gets a clean slate with Perth