What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Vee

First Grade
lol, I hope not!

A shock interstate move has been floated for Latrell Mitchell to help him escape the NRL “spotlight” amid the Rabbitohs’ “ultimatum” and crunch meeting on Thursday.

South Sydney bosses will meet with their fullback, planning to insert a strict behavioural clause into his contract following his latest off-field incident.

Mitchell was hit with a breach notice by the NRL after a photo surfaced picturing him leaning over a table with a white powder below him in a hotel room in Dubbo.

Veteran rugby league reporter Phil Rothfield explained that Mitchell has struggled with being one of rugby league’s biggest stars and believes a move west could suit the Souths No.1.

The Western Bears are set to enter the competition in 2027, and Rothfield was of the belief Mitchell could become the club’s marquee player to escape the fanfare and media in Sydney.

“He can’t cope, he struggles to cope with being in the spotlight so regularly in the NRL as the superstar of the game,” Rothfield said on the Big Sports Breakfast on Monday.

“I started thinking about this new franchise, the Western Bears in Perth, and I don’t know if he wants to uproot his family, he loves Taree, he loves Souths.
“But I just tend to think to join a club to get away from the media, he could walk down the main street of Perth and most people wouldn’t know who he was.

“He could just have a more relaxed (life)... I don’t know.”

NO WAY, GET F*CKED, F*CK OFF!!!

Wb1234

Referee

This is who they should name a stand after

wb2027

Juniors

NSO already has a Duncan Thompson Stand.

All I expect is that historically the premiership tally (and longest drought) remains intact. Player numbers continue etc..

BuffaloRules

Coach

NSO already has a stand named after him

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do the WA-based consortium of investors have anything to gain from wanting to wipe out the club's history and insist on a clean slate?
potentially. They've been pretty clear and firm all along that this duck has to walk and quack likes its west australian. But like I said it would make a lot of commercial sense to ensure we dont lose the NS faction on the journey. And morally I dont think we should, they've been shafted enough, I dont want us to be a part of something that makes it even worse for them. We're all RL family at end of day.

BuffaloRules

Coach
potentially. They've been pretty clear and firm all along that this duck has to walk and quack likes its west australian. But like I said it would make a lot of commercial sense to ensure we dont lose the NS faction on the journey. And morally I dont think we should, they've been shafted enough, I dont want us to be a part of something that makes it even worse for them. We're all RL family at end of day.

you gotta worry about yourself too… I’m assuming they have done some marketing in Perth on this link up with the Bears

Perth Red

Post Whore
'Upon licence confirmation, Western Bears Foundation member packages will be available, and proposed Bears packages will allow Sydney fans to attend Sydney-based regular season and trial season home games and multiple away games. Exclusive content and events will also be made available to foundation Western Bears fans.'

Good news, a Sydney away game membership makes so much sense, hopefully the Sydney clubs, and NRL schedulers, come to the party and support it.