What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Wb1234

Referee
based on his comments .. he is an 80 yr old who has seemingly lost his grip on reality…

Thinks it’s 1964 not 2024 …
Just checked he’s 79 lol

my mates ex wests now west tigers I asked him about this months ago

he said he would like to see the magpie come back but his kids are wests tigers

that’s the issue is the large current support base of the merged club they’ve grown up only knowing that club

BuffaloRules

Coach
Just checked he’s 79 lol

my mates ex wests now west tigers I asked him about this months ago

he said he would like to see the magpie come back but his kids are wests tigers

that’s the issue is the large current support base of the merged club they’ve grown up only knowing that club

Nothing would surprise me .., Wests have all the power and I’m sure they could change the mascot name and move all the games to wherever they wanted …

They have been more than fair to Balmain who they could have wiped out of existence when they went bust … this guy Leo must be suffering from CTE if he doesn’t understand this

But I don’t think flushing 25 years of branding would be the best move … I would say that a majority of fans would only know the Wests Tigers .., and you would need to be over 40 to really have passionate feelings for the Wests Magpies…

I would love to see a solution where HBG are either forced to sell the Wests Tigers or at the least have no say over the running of the football team

Wb1234

Referee
Nothing would surprise me .., Wests have all the power and I’m sure they could change the mascot name and move all the games to wherever they wanted …

They have been more than fair to Balmain who they could have wiped out of existence when they went bust … this guy Leo must be suffering from CTE if he doesn’t understand this

But I don’t think flushing 25 years of branding would be the best move … I would say that a majority of fans would only know the Wests Tigers .., and you would need to be over 40 to really have passionate feelings for the Wests Magpies…

I would love to see a solution where HBG are either forced to sell the Wests Tigers or at the least have no say over the running of the football team
Holman Barnes has been funding the club and the junior leagues

wests get some good form on the field and all this goes away

BuffaloRules

Coach
Holman Barnes has been funding the club and the junior leagues

wests get some good form on the field and all this goes away

Holman Barnes put money in from their poker machine profits … but their management of the football team has been poor ...this is not their area of expertise..

They are currently trying to backflip on their earlier agreement to appoint independent directors to the Football club board

MugaB

Coach
Yes but you are counting NSW, QLD, VIC and then WA, so that’s 3rd ?, they are talking States not clubs.
Never mentioned either, just assumed we'd understand, but again if you are discounting nz, nsw and qld, your left with only 2 clubs to best, it's a by default claim

Dragonwest

Juniors
Maybe they both go under their original names e.g. North Sydney Bears and Western Australia RL (black & gold) and they are the two entities that have come together ?.
You’d want the WA team to also be called Bears though to have that link.
This is good news for the league youth of WA.
Last nights NRLWA awards night is on YouTube.
Below is the 2024 ISC Team of the Year, it is interesting that this weekends Grand Finalists, defending Premiers & Minor Premiers the North Beach Sea Eagles (one player) and the Fremantle Roosters (two players) only have three players represented between them.
This weekends Grand Final will be the 3rd straight Grand Final between the two sides, with both sides winning one Grand Final apiece North Beach Sea Eagles (2023) and Fremantle Roosters (2022).

View attachment 93231
And the player who won the "Player's Player Award" by a massive margin couldn't even make the team of the year ....

Latest posts