What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Vlad59

Bench
AFL wastes hundreds of millions on juniors and is stilll struggling for players

nrl is the opposite

we are lucky we have leagues clubs who fund much of the junior development allowing head office to instead build up its asset base and fund clubs to five million over the cap

clubs are the ones who develop actual nrl players unlike afl where there is a draft

participation numbers are just bs and are basically useless
Stay off drugs kiddies

Santino Patane

Juniors
I started to respond, read it and thought- f**k I’m starting to sound like a famous fellow Queensland poster not seen around in a bit….

All good lads, let’s just chalk it down to a difference of opinion. This opinion really belongs in the “controversial take that would get you stubby burned” thread- happy to send it there.

I do get how the NSWRL had the foresight and balls to expand the comp back in the day and do think the comps won should be counted in some way that matter to the clubs/fans. It would be nice though if other existing clubs enter the NRL that their achievements gets some recognition too.

So back on Western Bears- when is official word happening, GF Day????

Iamback

Coach
I started to respond, read it and thought- f**k I’m starting to sound like a famous fellow Queensland poster not seen around in a bit….

All good lads, let’s just chalk it down to a difference of opinion. This opinion really belongs in the “controversial take that would get you stubby burned” thread- happy to send it there.

I do get how the NSWRL had the foresight and balls to expand the comp back in the day and do think the comps won should be counted in some way that matter to the clubs/fans. It would be nice though if other existing clubs enter the NRL that their achievements gets some recognition too.

So back on Western Bears- when is official word happening, GF

Being not around at the time I asked why Broncos joined NSWRL and not just the comps combine. Finances is what I was told.

Not sure if you follow NFL?

Green Bay Packers have always been an NFL team and as such their record counts. 49ers are just as old but came from the AFL as such their before doesn't count.

NBA has similar when they had a comp merger.

So there are examples in other leagues. It is a hard one because you need tradition but things are alot different now

Latest posts