What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Dragonwest

Juniors
without pokies league clubs don't make money. And Perth is so spread out fans arent going to trek to a Bears LC outside of game day so its not going to be a big revenue generator. There's better RoI's the club could go after.
That is where I see the benefit in pairing with someone like Varsity. Their business model is a proven to work annually on its own. The particular location should be designed to suit the new teams requirements on game day in return for the business it will generate for Varsity.

Bukowski

Juniors
That is where I see the benefit in pairing with someone like Varsity. Their business model is a proven to work annually on its own. The particular location should be designed to suit the new teams requirements on game day in return for the business it will generate for Varsity.
Would varsity be thinking that the pub will be packed on game day with our without the clubs involvement? They may not see value.

Wb1234

Immortal
Dolphins are in the Queensland Cup GF against North Brisbane...

So if the Bears win the NSW Cup, we'll either see Dolphins v Bears (the last & possibly the next NRL expansion teams' feeder clubs) or North Sydney v North Brisbane in the State Championship game.
Go norths

Wb1234

Immortal
There’s some strategic talks happening to acquire either a pre-existing venue or an empty lot then apply for DA & build a venue that would serve as another asset to add to the portfolio in Western Australia and be the Bears Club in WA.

There is no set time line though as heading into WA, owning and operating a venue is a bit different to NSW or QLD.

Also with various stakeholders being spread across the country it’s not as clear cut as how acquiring previous assets were either. There’s now IP and branding elements which need to be siphoned through diligently and respectfully.

I figured somewhere close to HBF Park would be ideal but I also don’t know the geography of Perth that well, so if you say that mentioned location is good then good enough for me. Locals know best here.
Would that asset be solely funded by norths leagues ?