What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Matt_CBY

Juniors
There’s no way of us knowing this. Regardless of bears involvement it’s clear the WA govt is backing the bid significantly. The bid had some pretty wealthy backers and Perth has shown they have the fanbase. Nrl wants 3 new teams and Perth was always going to be one of them.
But water under the bridge, bears backed down on the non negotiables and we can now move forward together.
This ladies and gentlemen is a ‘victor’ (attempting to anyway) rewrite history.

MugaB

Coach
Showing how a dash of WA yellow or gold can be incorporated into the Western Bears jersey without losing the heritage NS feel of the brand. Going to be really interesting to see what kit we decide to kick off with. It will sell like hot cakes Im sure if they get it right!

View attachment 94945
Jersey looks good, but the Qantas logo basically covers the design, and not in a good way, try the classic "Western union" or "cash converters" instead of a square block, those generally look better on a sleeve

Santino Patane

Juniors
Change
Jersey looks good, but the Qantas logo basically covers the design, and not in a good way, try the classic "Western union" or "cash converters" instead of a square block, those generally look better on a sleeve
the main sponsor and this is probs the best Western Bears jersey mockup I’ve seen. Completely personal preference but the North Sydney rip offs seem derivative and stuck in the 90’s in a bad way to me and the other originals have been just meh….. well done PR!

He definitely didn’t think through what he was doing and timing of it all. Oh well. Unlike Trell, Ado Carr, Walsh and Trindall this assistant is a nobody and as such there goes his chance at having a coaching career.

Good riddance.
He was supplying, big difference to all the players you are comparing to, nothing to do with him being a "nobody".

blue bags

First Grade
Change

the main sponsor and this is probs the best Western Bears jersey mockup I’ve seen. Completely personal preference but the North Sydney rip offs seem derivative and stuck in the 90’s in a bad way to me and the other originals have been just meh….. well done PR!
Star City
New Sponsor 😀

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
More on the board: last month Tony Crawford (former NRL CFO & NRL Head of Clubs & States Services 2013-2020) was appointed onto the North Sydney Bears board.

Tony has worked closely with PVL and the ARLC in the past and his work helped build and deliver the game it’s financial war chest. His appointment timing isn’t coincidental. He didn’t have any links or correlation to Norths prior to his appointment.

Basically he was parachuted by the ARLC into the Norths Board to serve as the conduit from Bears side to WA Consortium side. Contrary to what I said yesterday of no existing Norths Board Members being involved with the Western Bears board, there is a possibility his Norths board position is only temporary until such time Western Bears are up and running. Expectation from “some” is that he will leave his Norths board position and take up a position with ARLC. This whole “oversight” thing, well this is probably the person.

It’s a funny one because his so new in the Norths board that it’s hard to say that he is an out and out existing board member (he is though as he has a seat, so that’s undeniable) and likewise he isn’t a Bears-person per se. He is however a very astute business person with incredibly strong ties to the NRL and thorough understanding of how the NRL framework operates.

Take it as you will.

Last edited:

Vlad59

Bench
Depends who you talk to and what their role in it all is I guess.

It wasn’t just a matter of Bears backing down from non-negotiables. That played a big role of course but it was also a case of WA Consortium having some commercial sense.

Remember that whilst Cumins original view was stand alone, once he knew that wasn’t going to happen in the immediate future he quickly started using the “we will look at organisation a) & b) if it makes sense” and the whole “commercial beast” lingo/language. From there a partnership was born relatively quickly. Here we are now, Western Bears.

ARLC made the parties sort it out and make it work and everyone tried to save face there on after re: non-negotiable and stand alone chats. No biggie, just is what it is. In the past now, I only bring it up because both parties were being stubborn and bullish. Not just one or the other.

End of the day it’s a Western Australian rugby league team.
Yep it’s a Western Australian rugby league team with a parasite attached to it.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Yep it’s a Western Australian rugby league team with a parasite attached to it.
Mate, either pick a new theme, or go dribble your nonsense elsewhere.

Try to not spend so much of the limited time you have left on things that you clearly don’t like. You were entertaining at first but now you’re just coming across as a loser of a person.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Triggered
How’s that triggered sweet cheeks? I think you need to look up the definition for your sake. It’s the only response you have when people call your nonsense out.

Please keep in mind that you felt the urge to scroll back pages and interject yourself in a reply I sent to Perth Red for a topic you don’t value ie Bears and yet spend an unhealthy amount of time on all before 7am.

If you can’t see the issue in that then you’re no hope. It’s loser behaviour. If I’m wrong here on any of the above please correct me.

Wb1234

Immortal
I remember him he was good (Crawford)

Pvl has has fingerprints all over this

We live in pvl rugby league fantasy and are but spectators

Latest posts