What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Wb1234

Immortal
I’m guessing the arlc weren’t happy with how Cummins is handling the bid

Bears buy in and board seat are the correct result

Bears were too trusting leaving it to wa and the arlc to protect their interests

BuffaloRules

Coach
I’m guessing the arlc weren’t happy with how Cummins is handling the bid

Bears buy in and board seat are the correct result

Bears were too trusting leaving it to wa and the arlc to protect their interests

I doubt this is the issue as far as V’landys is concerned … we are talking a few million here for a 15 percent share

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The problem is obvious.

Being forced into a partnership with a club that hasn't been in existence for 20 years doesn't appeal to anyone, especially if that club is a failed entity like Norths.

The bears logo is the best thing Norths can offer which is pretty f**king lame.

WA/Perth are better off going it alone.

Wb1234

Immortal
I doubt this is the issue as far as V’landys is concerned … we are talking a few million here for a 15 percent share
Obviously there’s an issue with the board makeup as far as the Arlc are concerned

Bears were happy to go no board seats initially and now the arlc appear like they don’t want that

After what manly did to them I would’ve demanded minority shareholding and 2 board seats at a minimum

BuffaloRules

Coach
Obviously there’s an issue with the board makeup as far as the Arlc are concerned

Bears were happy to go no board seats initially and now the arlc appear like they don’t want that

After what manly did to them I would’ve demanded minority shareholding and 2 board seats at a minimu

he has clearly said in two interviews that the issues are financial … how does the makeup of the board change that?

Iamback

Coach
And I never said otherwise … but is having 1-2 seats on a board going to give them any control ?

That is for the Perth team to discuss.

I get they want to go alone and that should be the aim down the track but being so isolated costs will be very high.

So I get the NRL wanting more

BuffaloRules

Coach
That is for the Perth team to discuss.

I get they want to go alone and that should be the aim down the track but being so isolated costs will be very high.

So I get the NRL wanting more

Like I keep saying … the financial issues that PVL is referring too, and the composition of the board seem to be seperate issues based on what has been made public so far …

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
The bloke from the Sydney Kings made it very clear that it was he who made the approach.
I`d be approaching them and that American comedian guy before I started handing over any more control to the Bears.
The Bears are desperate, and to be perfectly frank I wouldn`t trust them if they got on the board to agitate with perhaps a long-term plan of getting the whole thing back to the central coast.
Nope.

Iamback

Coach
Like I keep saying … the financial issues that PVL is referring too, and the composition of the board seem to be seperate issues based on what has been made public so far …

Yes but the 2 go together, No one is putting in major money without a say as to how it is spent

the most recent example I can find is Cannon-Brooks in Souths paid $20m for a 25% stake, of course has a seat on the board.

If the Perth bid isn't prepared for 1-2 seats to go to others in a similar situation, They aren't getting it.

NRL just want to see the bank balance, they don't care how they get there.

BuffaloRules

Coach
It's started before it's started - bears fans trying to take over.

Run away Perth, do it on your own even if it takes more years to do.

The issue with having the Bears as your partner … they would screw you over in a heartbeat and justify it by saying the same thing happened to them .. not saying that’s morally right or wrong … just the way it is

Last edited:

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
The issue with having the Bears as your partner … they would screw you over in a heartbeat and justify it by saying the same thing happened to them .. not saying it’s right or wrong … just the way it is
Clearing one thing up. All the power play and ownership model has been with WA consortium. This issue is more a reflection of them than Bears. WA have been pulling all the strings.

Bears gave over control of brand, IP and pathways for nothing in return except that brand being part of the NRL again. What WA have done since then has been purely conducted from their side and their side alone.

It’s not a big issue. PVL will sit down with them tomorrow and they’ll iron out what needs to be ironed out. Doom, gloom it ain’t it.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Clearing one thing up. All the power play and ownership model has been with WA consortium. This issue is more a reflection of them than Bears. WA have been pulling all the strings.

Bears gave over control of brand, IP and pathways for nothing in return except that brand being part of the NRL again. What WA have done since then ha

It’s not a big issue. PVL will sit down with them tomorrow and they’ll iron out what needs to be ironed out. Doom, gloom it ain’t it.

So this is the way he has chosen to deal with something that is “not a big issue”?

Ridicule them publicly on Grand Final day to get the maximum traction out of it..

He has had this info to hand for months now… so if it was an easy fix it would have happened in my view

It either is a big issue, or PVL is an idiot

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
And how does that solve the financial problems PVL is claiming? The NRL wants more money
They do and by having collateral on assets (which said assets also produce revenue via establishments) there’s financial stability. ATM Western Bears in their current incarnation have no assets, no land, no external revenue streams. Nothing. Just a few promises from business owners should the licence be awarded. It’s not exactly a top business model.

15% at least gives them access to something tangible should something go awry. The rest can be put forward by the clear instigation from PVL to WA Government for more cash. He used similar language not long ago with Federal Government and PNG to get more out of that as well.

Making it public is basically saying this is what needs to happen, everyone is watching so make it happen.

To break it down to a simple analogy all can understand it’s like Cleary putting the bunker and refs on notice to the media in a press conference rather than taking up the issue privately with Annesley. Forces accountability and reaction. It’s only a good thing especially if there’s clear gaps that need filling.

Wb1234

Immortal
You guys can moan all you want without the bears being linked to this bid Perth will miss out

Broadcasters and most of the voting clubs all want the bears for obvious reasons

The fact the Perth bid think they have any chance on their own after a year of pvl telling them to link with the bears is a reflection of their ineptitude

Latest posts