What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
So this is the way he has chosen to deal with something that is “not a big issue”?

Ridicule them publicly on Grand Final day to get the maximum traction out of it..

He has had this info to hand for months now… so if it was an easy fix it would have happened in my view

It either is a big issue, or PVL is an idiot
No, PVL is actually smart by putting the bid/s on notice. It forces accountability, reaction and change.

I like it. If it translates in a delay because they need to make it more water tight so be it. Nothing wrong with that. High risk needs thorough risk assessment and mitigation. Every would be business knows this, nothing ground breaking.

Wait and see what the next few days bring. No point us jumping any which way over variables that still need further analysis and discussion.

Just a few promises from business owners should the licence be awarded. It’s exactly a top business model.
That`s ludicrous. The people putting money into this aren`t just going to be saying " oh yeah sure we`ll put in a couple of mill" they`d have to be providing evidence, assets and backing as well.
This problem obviously runs deeper than that and the idea that Norths are going to put their assets on the block for what could be a risky venture strikes me as unlikely.

Wb1234

Immortal
The issue with having the Bears as your partner … they would screw you over in a heartbeat and justify it by saying the same thing happened to them .. not saying it’s right or wrong … just the way it is
Maybe in your own fantasy world they would

Where’s the evidence that’s actually happened

The bears agreed to have no board seats and let the arlc and Cummins sort it out

They have stepped back from the process and the fact there’s a hitch it’s obvious where the problem is

Wb1234

Immortal
No, PVL is actually smart by putting the bid/s on notice. It forces accountability, reaction and change.

I like it. If it translates in a delay because they need to make it more water tight so be it. Nothing wrong with that. High risk needs thorough risk assessment and mitigation. Every would be business knows this, nothing ground breaking.

Wait and see what the next few days bring. No point us jumping any which way over variables that still need further analysis and discussion.
What’s the point of having a bid process if the arlc can’t vet the actual bids and make changes where necessary

Wb1234

Immortal
So this is the way he has chosen to deal with something that is “not a big issue”?

Ridicule them publicly on Grand Final day to get the maximum traction out of it..

He has had this info to hand for months now… so if it was an easy fix it would have happened in my view

It either is a big issue, or PVL is an idiot
They literally put the bids in a few weeks ago lol

BuffaloRules

Coach
Maybe in your own fantasy world they would

Where’s the evidence that’s actually happened

The bears agreed to have no board seats and let the arlc and Cummins sort it out

They have stepped back from the process and the fact there’s a hitch it’s obvious where the problem is
You are sounding outraged

Yes ..I’m giving an opinion about something that MIGHT happen … funny that on a message board

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
That`s ludicrous. The people putting money into this aren`t just going to be saying " oh yeah sure we`ll put in a couple of mill" they`d have to be providing evidence, assets and backing as well.
This problem obviously runs deeper than that and the idea that Norths are going to put their assets on the block for what could be a risky venture strikes me as unlikely.

That’s what it is. If it wasn’t we wouldn’t be here. Whether you think it’s ludicrous is irrelevant.

Perth Red

Post Whore
what COULD be going on:

1. The bids havent shown enough financial investment to make the ARLC happy. Cumins has said they have raised the $30mill needed. Maybe the ARLC want more from the WA govt? Where does that leave NZ2?
2. The other NRL clubs have said they want more money to say yes to expansion and the ARLC have now decided there has to be a large license fee. If that is it then it is amateur hour by the ARLC not to have had that in the criteria for bidding.
3. There was never any intention to go to 20 clubs now and the aim was to get Aus Govt to stump up more for PNG all along and the bidding was sham to achieve that goal.
4. Its just cage rattling to get more money from the WA govt for the game in the West (this is just about the best scenario!)

I hope we hear from the WA consortium today to find out there take on it.